The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gilligan

I love karma

SCORE!

I went for a walk the other day and saw a massive scop (thanks apo, eg) in front of someone's yard - i'd never noticed it.

I had the option of the night mission for a cut or go and say g'day and ask. We've all been there...

I took the latter option, and rocked over there. I was gonna offer $30 for a 2ft cut, they only knew she was a cactus.

She was huge, 15ft high and he cut her down a heap and most of it went to the greenwaste collection! 32 years old. Awesome....

Anyway, owner (old dude) said "no, no cash" and said instead of cuttings' he'd rooted a few for his son who never took them, so he gave me them... Here's the pic below.

I said mate, here's the $30. Grin. The moral of the story is clear, ask!!!

post-3727-1187956155_thumb.jpg

Edited by gilligan

yeah, i always ask... id hate to wake up and find that some cunt had been in my yard chopping my plants up. I find people are very happy to part with there cacti aswell. nice score!

Hi Gilligan, it looks like a very cool scop! Almost too cool to snack. :wink: bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

nooooice big fatty you scored there...

oh, did you change your first post to 'scop', now you made apo sound a bit silly :P

Wow, they look really cool... one of my Scops is starting to get that kind of writhing look, I hope it looks like that big one eventually. The little ones look really neat amidst those straggly geraniums too, I reckon.

*edit* Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you don't get good karma for not doing bad things :)

Edited by IllegalBrain

*edit* Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure you don't get good karma for not doing bad things :)

sounds like good karma to me.

He had a choice between two paths.

He chose the more virtuous path and was rewarded beyond his expectations.

Bloody beauties mate! I am starting to get a real passion for the scops - I love em to death, but cant seem to find any large specimens :( There is always a few at the local shop, but they are all 4 inches tall and a long way off maturation. I might have to knock up a request for scop cuttings thread... :)

Very good story about the karma - something for all cacti enthusiasts to keep in mind :)