The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Μορφέας

Annual Hiroshima Remembrance

Dont you mean Nagasaki day? Hiroshima was nuked on the 6th, Nagasaki on the 9th.

August 6th is the best day to protest US nuclear policy on due to the fact that most american schools fail to mention the terrorist nuking of the city of Nagasaki to their students.

The Corroboree > Culture > Spirituality & Philosophy > HAPPY HIROSHIMA DAY!!!!!!!!

what is the spiritual/philosophical significance of this thread? :scratchhead:

PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOSUKE YAMAHATA...Nagasaki aftermath

"The worst was when the electric and telephone wires got twisted around peoples legs and they couldn't escape...and they died in that position, fallen to their knees" - Yosuke Yamahata

07.jpg

17.jpg

30.jpg

you Christians have no heart...

This thread is distasteful! You should be ashamed.

Truman was a well known baptist so not only can i blame this thread on christains (which was my point) but also the atomic attacks on Japan..

Statement by the President Commending the "Crusade for Christian Citizenship."

February 20th, 1952

Public Papers of the Presidents

Harry S. Truman

1952-53

I HEARTILY commend the Christian Endeavor Movement for its "Crusade for Christian Citizenship."

Indifference to civic responsibilities and duties is one of the major causes of crime and bad government and contributes to the spread of communism. You are rendering America and freedom-loving peoples of the world a tremendous service as you are alerting youth to their tasks and helping them to be good citizens.

I hope your crusade will encourage many young men and women to make public service their career. We need fine Christian youth in the running of this country.

With the rising tide of Godless materialism it is imperative that youth and older folks as well have a vital interest in spiritual values and have faith in God. Only in this way can we hope for real brotherhood and peace.

lol One mans desicion to use an atomic bomb means you can blame an entire religion in its entirty as responsible..

I applaud that sound logic and reason you blatly lack and grossly ignorant generalisation you have made

*clap clap*

Edited by Tepa

perhaps I should go through every atrocitie that occoured in history, sort them between religions and atheist's then come back at you with a list of terrible things that atheists are to blame for.. but no, that would be illogical and just folly so I wont

Edited by Tepa

perhaps I should go through every atrocitie that occoured in history, sort them between religions and atheist's then come back at you with a list of terrible things that atheists are to blame for, would you like me to drop to your level to make things even?

is this a joke??? :wacko:

Need we remind you that hundreds of thousands of atrocities that have occurred since the inception of Christian faith and other similiar religions. Too many to name and too hideous to want to think about, all in the name of your false idol.

Mysterious it seems to me that a religious type like yourself tepa should frequent an ethnobotany forum [and frequent is an apt description] as God [so-called] frowns upon the alteration of perception and awareness through plants etc.

nah thats sounds good man, l'll start off...

Bush administrations 'War on Terror'.

The Crusades all 9+ of them, 1095–1291 most of which were sanctioned by the Pope in the name of Christendom.

The Spanish conquest of Mexico by Hernán Cortés from 1519-1521

Any war of the Holy Roman Empire about 10, 1648-1806.

Salem witch hunts 1692, not many killed but brutally tortured to death.

Need we remind you that hundreds of thousands of atrocities that have occurred since the inception of Christian faith and other similiar religions. Too many to name and too hideous to want to think about, all in the name of your false idol.

Need I remind you the hundreds of thousands of atricities that have occourred with no relation to Christian faith, to many to name and too hideous to talk about also

Mysterious it seems to me that a religious type like yourself tepa should frequent an ethnobotany forum [and frequent is an apt description] as God [so-called] frowns upon the alteration of perception and awareness through plants etc

Mysterious to me a selfdeclared atheist as yourself has so much knowledge about religions you are not part of, How informed you must be! How valid your educated statements on such a topic are

Edited by Tepa

nah thats sounds good man, l'll start off...

lol Im not going to go and find examples I CBF, Im just making a point, you cant generalise an entire religion based on the actions of a single individual retro,

i spose theres the darfur deaths, North korean population, Chinese attacks on tibetans, that nation burma thats ruled by the militry regime i think its called

Edited by Tepa

God damn christians talking in circles again :slap: your right I would hate to generalise an entire population because I dont hold the same beliefs as they do *coughs*

I think ill save my energy...

I know alot more about the subject than you think I know. Who said I was an atheist? Certainly not me. Don't assume anything. I think I speak for alot of the members here [correct me if I am wrong], but I think you should go and find a forum for theological discussion and refrain from spewing forth your rubbish on our forum.

"The white man goes into his church house and talks about Jesus; the Indian goes into his tepee and talks to Jesus"

Quanah Parker

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

@ Tepa

Why start a thread like this, does it really have a place here & then you go and edit all your comments!

I just dont understand what you want to achieve!

find a forum for theological discussion and refrain from spewing forth your rubbish on our forum.

phosphene retro brought the religion into this thread, not I so perhaps you should be talking to him not me

@ Tepa

Why start a thread like this, does it really have a place here & then you go and edit all your comments!

Again I ask the above Q.

@ Tepa

He likes to be disciplined by the Trollinator

So this thread looks just about ready to throw in the bitches and gripes bin...

Tepa, I'm not having a go at you here, but I'd seriously like to know where you were coming from with your original heading for this thread 'Happy Hiroshima Day!!!!!!' - do you mind at least letting us know (or even shoot me a PM if you'd prefer) if you are happy that the atomic bombings happened, or if you were being a smart arse and everyone took it the wrong way?

Personally, I wasnt sure weather it was a poor taste joke or if you were somehow 'proud' that it happened...?

I know very little about the bombings, but as Auxin mentions, they were (IMO) no more than terrorist nukings. And yet they still try to lead the globe with their patriotic 'anti-terrorism' propeganda... Unfortunately the world has been so warped over the last century because of the power the US gov has. But lets not get started on the upfucks that the US government has made, eh? Christ, we'd be here all day, and could very well still be here in a couple years...

BTW, how did christian bashing begin in this thread? What was the main reason (not just conspiracies) that the bombings even occurred? Surely not just because of someone trying to push for world domination of the Christian belief? Certainly sounds a tad 'Nazi-esque', doesnt it? Hmm, I'd better give wikipedia a work out...

Edit: Oh and BTW, can we try to avoid making statements that need to be edited to cut the insults out so you dont get booted? If you have nothing nice to say, dont say it. Or at least cop the punishment if it really must be said.

And yes, I realise the irony in requesting for less edits in an edit :lol:

Edited by Ace