The Corroboree
Μορφέας

Palo Santo Sources

After smelling some of Hebrews Palo Santo Iv fallen in love with the sweet cinnomen aroma and thought Id share some sources,

I found one person on EBAY located in England that sells it

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Palo-Santo-Wood-50g...VQQcmdZViewItem

Do you any of you have any other sources that are sell quality wood you would recommend?

ALSO

What other inscence do you guys like with beautiful aromas?

Thanks in advance fellas

post-2017-1185515078.jpg

post-2017-1185515078.jpg

post-2017-1185515078.jpg

Edited by Tepa

I got some dragons blood incence which was very nice. And bought some others labelled Karma Sutra and Good luck incense. Will have to findout what's in them, lol. Think that patchoulli one is nice too.

Just wondering, with that ebay site you posted how one earth it'd get through Australian quarantine if it's made of wood?

I wouldnt bother worrying about it

For $9 I'd take the risk that they wouldnt care with such a smal quantity

Iv got some patchoulli, its diffrent, but nothing special at all compared to palo santo!

icarosdna sell bulk palo santo he is a great guy too so i recommend him also jim carmen has a store on ebay that sometimes sell it he is also very good has quality perfumes like agua de florida as well. generally you will have to pay heat treatment for the wood 50 bucks, so it might pay of to do a bulk order between a group of people and share the costs.

this stuff is magical it is truly a beautiful smoke but i hear the tree is endagered.

also dragons blood can be got really cheap at TCM stores,

copal is also good frankincense and myrrh is also good and readily available at TCm stores

eaglewood is also divine a close ally to me actually this wood is.

Hey, about a year ago i received some really nice incense from the US, and it said it was produced and packaged in Tibet. I think it was called Green Tara. It also stated on the methods that one could mix the crushed incense with oil or butter and use as a massage oil, and also the incense was used to cure/prevent altitude sickness. Does anybody have any further info on this stuff? as im not quite sure about whats actually in it and just curious about it. As the smell is mildly pungent, it usually always put me to sleep or makes me extremely tired when i light it.

Thankyou

I've got 20 or so kilos of palo santo in transit.

Have been promising to write a TEK for the infused cardboard blocks i mentioned in earlier posts.

I will take some photos next week and write a tutorial outlining the process.

Alternatively dried animal droppings from animals that ruminate prove ideal for slow burning and could be used a base to infuse aromatics mixed as a paste, dried and burnt. Rabbit dropping are revered in Tibet as an admixture for incense.

Interesting enough when using a admixtures the blocks release the different scents at varying speeds, I feel this has something to do with vaporisation points of the compounds?

Frankincense can be bought cheaply at Persian grocery stores and is referred to as Kondor. The gentleman who owned the store tells me that it can also be ingested for its rejuvenative qualities??

Small amounts of tryptamines can be burnt as an incense or from vegatitive sources.

I have been keeping an eye out when on walks for plants that produce exudate but have the feeling that the cooler months may slow the process.

What about the Pinacaea's?? Just rubbing the foliage between hands produces a heady scent, perhaps a Etoh resin??

I just bought a copy of Plant Resins: Chemistry, Evolution, Ecology, and Ethnobotany and it has some fascinating reading so far.

51VJbR1m4kL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg

Of particular interest was Phenolic and non Phenolic resins especially when viewed in relation to cacti resin Vs a salt. I remember T speaking of an oil produced from such and mentioning the whole profile was more appreciable in an oil.

Gums, mucilages, oils & fats and resins could all carry scent.

Thought that some allbenzenes such as saffrol may carry a scent when burnt? experiments with P auritum have been dissapointing though.