The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Entheogen.

Coffea arabica leaves

Hi all.

Just pruned back my Coffea arabica, and have a whole bunch of dried leaves now.

Is there any use for these? Can they work in a tea or something?

Cheers, Any help appreciated!

Hi all.

Just pruned back my Coffea arabica, and have a whole bunch of dried leaves now.

Is there any use for these? Can they work in a tea or something?

Cheers, Any help appreciated!

coffea arabica produces coffee... not tea!!!!

Don't mind shroomy, he thinks he's funny :wink: (please note the humour, xipe :lol: )

I think what he meant to say was, "I dunno, I've never tried it, why don't you and then post your results," which are my sentiments exactly. Also, I dragged up this link which is sorta related and states that there are valuable minerals and caffeine in the leaves as well. Mineral/Caffeine content of Coffee Leaves

Its probably reasonably phenolic/tannic when a tea is made of leaves. Try drying some slowly (like curing) and maybe fermenting some to reduce phenolics and compare

I understand that the leaves too contain the xanthine alkaloids (caffeine, theophyline)...young leaves are supposed to be better, tho i dont drink it so am of no great help. :wacko:

Send some my way, I'll find a use for them.

I love tea and I love coffee, so I've gotta be able to get at least some kind of satisfaction from 'em :P

Actually I read on wikipedia once that the leaves are high in caffine and are traditionally made into a tea by some tribes! I tried it using semi dried leaves and the taste was OK but I bet it would taste better if I knew the proper way to cure the leaves or whatever. I was also going to oneday try using coffee leaves as a pesticide (Becuz caffine is a good pesticide) the same way one might use boiled tobacco leaves. Could even mix the two for double action. Another good one to mix in is rubarb leaves, but still use these sprays as little as possible as they also kill the natural predator insects.

Thanks for the quick replys!

Currently, the leaves are drying in the shade, may take another couple of days to a week.

I'll make a tea and report back on effects soon after. mu, I would send you some but im in NZ, I don't think you can send dried herb overseas? Correct me if im wrong.

Thanks again people! Cheers.

I've got some leaves that've been falling from my plants (seeing it's cold and rainy and they hate it now). Gonna try drying them and make a brew soon to let you guys know.

Can you smoke them?

If the smoke were palatable and stimulating they could be interesting 'cigar' wrappers for another herb.

Wow, definitely!! I think I have one or two dried leaves here already. Might have a smoke tomorrow morning to wake me up :).

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Tried 19 grams of dried and fresh leaf on saturday. Brew tasted like gotu kola or gingko (e.g. nothing remotely like coffee). Could not feel any caffeine effects. Won't be trying it again.

accidently spilt some of the contents of a filter bag from a dripulator into some tobacco.

tipped the excess out and dried the tobacco.

so it was tobacco soaked in coffee liquid and some finely ground beans.

very nice interesting smoke.....could be quite stimulating depending on dose.

i intend to try it again.

shisha tobacco comes in coffee flavour.

t s t .

I hear that caffeines low vap temp makes it a good 'carrier' for other substances..You dragon chasers know what i mean :wink: