The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

Amanita season

i've only seen a couple so far, and none at my usual spots. finding a couple of old rotten ones is no help to the situation. could it be that they are yet to reach me?? i hope i didn't miss them....

Ive seen them about when it was raining hard a while back, though nothing prolific, only a few samples were in pristine condition, and their caps had not opened. Many decayed specimens looked like they had not reached maturity. To dry methinks.

i've only seen a couple so far, and none at my usual spots. finding a couple of old rotten ones is no help to the situation. could it be that they are yet to reach me?? i hope i didn't miss them....

Im yet to see one around town this year which is quite odd, usually start around easter here...you need to head to a pine plantation.

If you know a place where they grow, that has a thick layer of pine needles, you can just mow though the pine needles down to the soil. I've found amanitas in every season except for summer, doing this.

There’s this pine plantation near the Yarra ranges I was checking out a little while ago. Never seen any amanitas there, but this year as far as the eye could see a combination of milk caps and amanitas, most I've ever seen in one place.

Grabbed a heap of milk caps to drop past the old ladies house on the way home and left the amanitas where they were, they can be difficult :puke:

I've been seeing them in the Blue Mountains, NSW, for the past 3 months. They are starting to taper off now, though.

You may have missed it buddy. :(

there's lots of pine trees around here.... and i check basically every day! bummer...

i also saw a lot it the blue mountains a couple of months ago.

autumn is generally the most prolific fly season.... in this area at least.

ive seen quite a few around earlier in the season but havent made an effort to look lately. next time im out ill head to a spot where they grow prolificly and see if there are any around

Yeah a bit late, and this year's Amanita fruiting has been pretty dismal anyway!