The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
other peoples pubes

Free Enthos Thread Not Honoured

I have been waiting for some goods that I claimed on the Free Enthos Thread in late March, thats over 3 months now. I have stated elsewhere on the forums that I am going travelling later in the year, so it makes me wonder if they are hoping I will just go away & they won't have to front the goods.

I have been pretty patient I think. I have messaged the other member a few times, politely reminding them & they say they are very sorry, that this is very out of character & that they would sent the gear asap, but nothing arrives in the post.

Now they do not even have the common courtesy to answer my PMs - I know they logged on since I have sent some.

Hopefully this thread will prompt them into contacting me. I am not sure what else to do - any suggestions?

I am not keen to name the member responsible but if they cannot be bothered honouring this deal I feel I have no other option. I have been quite disappointed by the whole situation as I think the Free Enthos Thread is a great idea & I always honour my end of any transactions immediately.

Please do the right thing!

Edited by other peoples pubes

Yeah That really shits me :ana:

I've had that happen a couple of times, one person was later banned and the other still lurks but doesn't post much anymore

If they aren't obliging give me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help fill your lost goods

...Hopefully this thread will prompt them into contacting me. I am not sure what else to do - any suggestions?

Have you contacted Torsten about this matter?

I can try to help, but ultimately if they don't communicate anymore then naming them is the best option so that others are aware of the situation too. Naming them is not the end of the world.... after all they can defend themselves and could even get the stuff sent off immediately and then ask for their name to be removed.

EDIT: Post deletd by me.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

--DELETED

Edited by Scuboh

Guest Øskorei

Yea, name & shame I reckon, *IF* they gave you a bona-fide 100% assurance that you would get the stuff. However if it was a 'dude, be patient with me while I sort my shit out' kind of assurance, then you would need to respect that greyness. In another life, under a different sun, I was asked for a copy of a few ethneo doco's, and I told the member that I would try my best when I got my shit together, but I never quite did, and as it worked out he dropped off from the forum in which we were communicating within. It wasn't a trade for anything, so I'm only mildly shameful I didn't accommodate his request.

But if it was a 1 for 1 swap/trade, and you held up your end of the bargain, then that's bad form on the other members part.

Tell us who is is, but keep it real, for he might have some very valid reasons, eh..... the advantage is that some of the members might speak with him outside of the forum, and be able to relay your concerns.

And apologies for the assumption of 'he' in all aspects, but I don't know how many females actively contribute, apart from Anodyne (& Vert :rolleyes: )

the thing is some people like myself are procrastinators and sometimes can take up to 4 or moew weeks before i send, i think it was one time that i didn't honor a free trade but am not longer with that site, i think people have patience and understanding, especially with people that are low on money and time.

I had just a little bit of duct tape and a few cable ties left so figured I'd use em up. Thanks for your time :)

Edited by Vertmorpheus

Guest Øskorei

Verty boi, I like your word "Upfuck", as I saw it in the last few days on another rantic of yours, and have been speculating upon the concept of UF. Is this an original, or merely an urban 'now' term that I'm out of touch with, with being a hairy old substance fucked hermit?

Verty boi, I like your word "Upfuck", as I saw it in the last few days on another rantic of yours, and have been speculating upon the concept of UF. Is this an original, or merely an urban 'now' term that I'm out of touch with, with being a hairy old substance fucked hermit?

Yes you are out of touch with the times, get with the program... upfuck is a cool way of saying fuckup.

Its specfabular.

i saw a post offering free anaden foliage for bioassay,thought we might see some posts from that.

still one s am acacia bioassay owing.

its no secret i have a sleep disorder and am not functional quite often,i can only do things when i can,i assume others have their own issues.most people seem to be quite good and i've rarely had any issues.

t s t .

have a really nice day one n all :lol: No running on concrete now!

Edited by Vertmorpheus

Guest Øskorei

haha, I like really do like your style, green Vert. It's a shame that we only communicate via proported antagonisms. You need to remember that I am not your enemy. Shame that we are divided by state (and let's face it, serious Km's), lest we be able to sit over a few coldies and challenge each other in a thumb-wrestling tourney from time to time with the odd debate over subjects in which maketh the earthe revolve around it's inhabitants.

Note to the Astronomically Domained types: No need for corrections, I was using poetic licence in the last few words.....

You might have something there... get drunk n hold hands someday and we can test the theory... til then the earth will just bloody well do as it's told.

remember kids, the planet is warming up because too many of us are trying to be cool... though it is making even the ugliest of us a little bit hotter as time goes on.

VM

awwwwww, can we see a hand shake people? :wub:

Guest Øskorei
haha, tried that trout, next stop is turning up at his place in the wee hours with a pair of boltcutters and a blowtorch

VM

Yea ? That's a very classy way of existing. Sly & Sinister. You might put that on your resume.

quite right! Time to feel the love eh? Some things are not my problem :lol:

Edited by Vertmorpheus

I think it is pretty disrespectful of both of you to take this thread so far off topic even though this is obviously going to be a multi part problem for the original poster. In fact, as it seems to be happening in several threads one might argue this is no better than trolling. I think it was morg who had formulated the purpose of posts so well. Seems like some have already forgotten.