The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Asian gangs develop highly potent cannabis strain

How many times can I say bullshit to myself while pasting this article?

=====================================================

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21725965-421,00.html

POLICE fear a new form of incredibly potent cannabis is destined to hit Australia.

Vietnamese criminal gangs in Canada have developed a sophisticated method of growing the plant indoors year round.

It greatly increases both the yield and potency of the cannabis and cuts growing time.

Latest criminal intelligence suggests that Australia-based Vietnamese drug dealers have travelled to Canada to learn how to cultivate the highly addictive cannabis.

They are expected to use this knowledge to grow and sell it in Australia.

The new threat was revealed in the Australian Crime Commission's annual Illicit Drug Data Report.

Justice Minister David Johnston said the amount of illegal drugs seized had decreased from 13 tonnes in 2004-05 to six tonnes in 2005-06, but the number of drug arrests had increased.

"We have more people arrested for less weight,'' Mr Johnston said.

The report reveals that cannabis is the most commonly used illicit drug in this country.

Cannabis arrests account for almost 70 per cent of drug arrests in Australia.

The number of detections of heroin in 2005-06, which reached 300, was the highest annual number on record.

But the weight of heroin detected at the Australian border (45.6kg) was the lowest since 1995-96.

Heroin arrests now account for fewer than 3 per cent of all drug arrests.

Australian Crime Commission chief executive Alastair Milroy said seven criminal syndicates in eastern Australia had recently been smashed.

He said criminals often changed the way they obtained amphetamines.

"Criminals change their methodology once barriers are put in place ... and there is a likelihood that criminals will try to source these products in Australia by either targeting transport of pseudoephedrine or warehouses,'' Mr Milroy said.

Authorities believed outlaw motorcycle gangs did not control all the amphetamine manufacturing and distribution in Australia, he said.

"The recent intelligence suggests that there's lots of what ... I think the Chinese call ant-style trafficking, where you have lots of people bringing in smaller amounts and that's to avoid detection,'' Gino Vumbaca, of the Australian National Council on Drugs, said on ABC Radio.

Frightening statistics

The report revealed:

* Two million Australians have used amphetamines and about 5.5million have tried cannabis

* At least 100,000 ecstasy pills are used every weekend in Australia

* Australia has the world's highest rate of ecstasy consumption

* Twenty per cent of Australians aged 20 to29take ecstasy

* Drug users told a national survey that heroin, amphetamines, ecstasy, cannabis and cocaine were easy or very easy to get

* Almost 79,000 people were arrested for drug offences in 2005-06

Edited by apothecary

Bahahaaa!! What a load of bollocks!! Look out, here comes hydroponically grown cannabis... And them Vietnamese gangs, we'd better ban the Vietnamese from coming into Aus and kick out all of the current Aussie-namese residents... :rolleyes: Holy propaganda Batman!

I remember reading something about this a while back, can't remember the name of the strain but the gist of it was they crossed a potent strain with an auto-flowering strain i.e. higher quality buds in less time (constantly budding).

Pretty sure this was it:

Master Low

A 100% autoflowering hybrid that is 3 years in the making. You will notice a strong kush presence, in both taste and high. A beautiful Master Kush female was first selected, and pollinated with a Lowryder male, resulting offspring were carefully picked through, crossed again to Lowryder and inbreed repeatedly. (Lowryder/Master Kush/Lowryder x Lowryder/Master Kush/Lowryder. 24 hours of HPS light would be best for maximizing your yields. Those in northern latitudes will find this plant to be very beneficial.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/arch...php/t-2206.html

lol shiva!! master low grows to the size of a coke can! it wouldnt have been that, my friend in amsterdam grew them and they yeild about 7 grams hehe. wouldnt be that, but u might be right about them crossing some big yeilders with the autoflowers.

that article was hilarious, uninformative crap about cannabis that ended up being put into the same group as amphetamines & heroin for the rest of the article

lol shiva!! master low grows to the size of a coke can!

"Pretty sure" ain't "100% certain" - FOAF's a consumer not a producer! :drool2:

Could it have been Lowryder #2?

It was on grasscity.com where I initially read it.

To me there just trying to make a mound out of mole hill cause you can get decent buds quicker than you used to be able to, makes sense that there'd be more on the streets if production time is reduced.

What I find interesting is the actual article content and the title. Whether or not the actual 'strain' exists, to me is irrelevant.

The first half deals with the title, then the rest somehow gets into totally irrelevant information (in relation to the article title, but NOT for the purpose of the article, or what I perceive the purpose to be).

It's interesting how they try a scare campaign about a supposed 'super potent strain' of c@nnabis, getting people into their opinion camps from the get go, and then once they've established this anxiety in their target audience (liber@l voters LOL .. oops sorry, no toe treading :) ) they bring in the @mphets and opi@tes, in an attempt to group c@nnabis with the perceived 'hard drugs' by the target audience that previously were fed drug delineation propaganda between 'hard' and 'soft' actually thinking that such a thing exists.

The first half deals with the title, then the rest somehow gets into totally irrelevant information (in relation to the article title, but NOT for the purpose of the article, or what I perceive the purpose to be).

Yea i noticed that aswell,how did "super weed" get mixed in with the others.

and on the topic of strain, I dont think any of the lowriders (rudalis?) have the potency or the yield to be breed into a superstrain.

There are strains like early misty that can be done flowering in 46 or so days and that one is pretty old, avarage potency.

10% of the australian population have tried amphetamines??...

i find that hard to believe

I know I've never tried them... or opiates or anything else in that 'category'. I dont think that cannabis is a gateway drug at all. If someone develops an interest, it will be because of the knowledge that they gain that leads them to other things, not a bit of herb...

Edited by Ace

sugar was my gateway drug.

green cordial got me buzzing when i was 5.

10% of the australian population have tried amphetamines??...

i find that hard to believe

I dont.

You forget that pseudoephedrine is an amphetamine. It said two million aussies have used amphetamines, it didnt say they were illegal ones. Never underestimate propaganda.

Guest homoGenius

I recken I could pen a better article about Arab bikie gangs going to Afghanistan to learn how to grow super poppies.

Bugger saying no to drugs,Just Say No To Journos! just say no to lowryder and the likes too... we might not be the BIGGEST fans of quarantine around here, but lets not shoot ourselves in the foot! That gear routinely rates somewhere below three for potency,the same or worse for bulk,would really mess with some local strains ability to just streeeeeetch to hit those magic pockets of light without just freaking out and flowering halfway. It's bred using ruderalis, which is that crappy noone in the areas it comes from actually seems to touch it, it's like chookfood or something to them. People put a lot of hard work, risky backbreaking alienating work building up outdoor patches with goodies and nutes for up to 6 times longer than it can take for some of these Great New Strains to pop, leaf up, flower and die, throwing their shitty eurotrash pollen left right and centre into our long standing east coast varieties, well known and loved by those not into smoking silicate booster and pesticide residue. If I find myself wanting dope selected purely on its ability to chunk up in a computer case or a toybox under some OG kiddies bed, I'll go and get therapy! :D

just a rant on the plant

GD

"...and Njork, brave leader of the band of Norsemen, paused for a moment lost in thought, cleared his throat and gruffly said "Bring me the head of Andrew Bolt!"

Total bollox.

I dont think it would be or have any autoflowering genes in it as fucking around with seeds is a big hassle on a big production scale. Clones are much easier & faster & very reliable.

"Vietnamese criminal gangs in Canada have developed a sophisticated method of growing the plant indoors year round."

People have been growing indoors all year roud since HID's were invented.

Total fucking crap 'journalism'.

There is a difference between a new strain being introduced tho and your avrage high potency canna thats been raped for weight,i dont want non of that shit.

and as for the glass particles, iv also heard (mainly in europe) about weed with being injected with other adulterants aswell, altho i dont see how they would make the mary any more addictive unless its mixes with another addictive drug in minute quantities.

Best policy- grow your own.

Yep whatever keeps ya safe in end...relatively , that is :d I can't see anyone putting other drugs onto buds in any commerical sense, if they have access to those drugs they can make a lot more independent of each other than in combination. There is no shortage of people wanting opiates and smokeable forms of fun other than pot...and there is a fair cross over market in some ways. Just makes about as much sense as smuggling buds INTO bali haha.

Spraying with etchant, naaasty stuff. But the brits get all these hassles it seems, that soapbar crud etc. Poor bastards. They give the world The Bill and what do they get in return? Silicosis! Plenty of hyge here in aus is grown with silicates though, and a few people back in ye olden days around here were into a brief session in a mesh bowl over the kettle to get some last minute weight into the bags... then it'd go fungusy a week later, bullshit.Rock bud etc certainly causes ulcers and random goits in the mouth, persistant deep racking coughing, burning sensations in the throat and a racing heart. that or another product used by the same crowd, too much anecdotal around here to say otherwise. All because people can't be happy with some gentle tasty herb, they want hippy smack you can smell a k away but doesnt actually get you stoned , just stupid and tired for an hour.

As someone said on that other page "thanks for putting us at more risk govt."

GD

Looks to me like theyre trying to increase charges for less weed by weight.