The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

pereskiopsis stock

Hey dudes, have not contributed for a while. Heres a san pedro seedling from SAB grafted approx 6months ago onto pereskiopsis stock.

med_gallery_1044_3_977691.jpg

The weight of it is so great that the stock needs support to stop it from falling over.

WTF? Man thats an unusual looking Pedro! Very nice but :)

Welcome back Dan! :wink:

Perhaps it'd be about ready for its own set of roots? Looks like the peres is pretty well used :P Certainly served its purpose!

Its rather decent growth for 6 months - was it kept outdoors at all times?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Hey Dan that looks more like a Macrogonus???

Did u pull the leaves of that pereskiopsis? Wouldn't the scion grow faster with leaves on as it'd absorb more sunlight?

Hahaha, It certainly does not look like a pedro. It was grown from seed sold as pedro, only time will tell I suppose. The spines suggest something more macro/ bridgesoid I think.

It was grown outdoors. I had to keep cutting off the leaves because after grafting it kept pupping from the aereoles. The scion did not show any sign of growth for many months then it just went crazy. There is hardly any chlorophyll visible in the poor pereskiopsis. Soon I will slice it off and root it, I think i will leave some on the pereskiopsis stock to see if it will throw a pup.

Hahaha, It certainly does not look like a pedro. It was grown from seed sold as pedro, only time will tell I suppose. The spines suggest something more macro/ bridgesoid I think.

I have some similar plants sold as pachanoi from SAB a few years ago. They are growing on their own roots and just starting to develop adult spination patterns.

well its been a while since i posted the first pics and since then the graft has grown considerably.

med_gallery_1044_3_54730.jpg

The scion has busted out the base with some roots, in fact most of the base around the grafting spot is swollen and stretched and looks to be also breaking out with roots. I think its a good time to snip it off the perekiopsis and pot it up. You should be able to see the roots in the following pic, sorry about the bad focus.

med_gallery_1044_3_51851.jpg

haha that is great! i just grafted soem pach's to peresks, but they seem to take and grow quite fast for me. faster than lophs...

thats a frankenstiener man!!!!!

nice job, unfortunatly i dont have the pleasure of a garden anymore so no more starnge grafts from me lol.

i love to see them tho....