The Corroboree
t st tantra

anyone have nonbridgesii dark exps?

Well, it depends on the season as to the spination, so far none this year as you can see in that pic there was none when I took it and only a few before that. When I got it had no spines at all.

Yes, this one is very fast blue grower, unbelievable sometimes. No idea as to taste, never tasted it.

ID is unknown. Was a present from some loverly people :)

Edited by apothecary

Well, it depends on the season as to the spination, so far none this year as you can see in that pic there was none when I took it and only a few before that. When I got it had no spines at all.

Yes, this one is very fast blue grower, unbelievable sometimes. No idea as to taste, never tasted it.

ID is unknown. Was a present from some loverly people :)

sounds like we could have a winner! would love to know the name, its been over 5 years since i gave mine away before going o/s...

Bridgesii did not produce the dark experiences! It is probably a belief you have formed that you are buying into.

Not even brugmansia does this with the shamans of south america. they simply use it as a tool for witchcraft. (brujeria) wich every nice chatolic thinks is evil,...... so dark associations are made with Brugmansia and certain people start to associate the plants goodies with evil and thus dark experiences are had.

not saying that a chem goody cant make you edgy or even make you feel fear..... but knowing that the goody is causing you to experience fear should make you able to stand above that feel. ( to conquer the beast or spirit) just like many indiginous people in south america do on Yopo.......... they confront the spirit, take up their weapons and beat the spirit...... then they have shown courage and conquered their artificially induced fear.

challenge your beliefs. no more association of brigdgesii with sinister things okay!

Thats the type of comments I like to read in these forums!! [Re:woofwoof]

I had also thought that the supposed higher propability for darker trips / darker colours is the increased potency issue, so maybe most of the ingestors ingest a larger amount of alkaloid than usual [pachanoi or other tricho].

The comment on yopo is also interesting as traditional reports of use make the 'ceremony' seem quite violent / agressive / intense...

Edited by mutant

indiginous people in south america do on Yopo.......... they confront the spirit

Hey b,

I haven't personally had a dark experience from bridgesii but there is also the same differentiation between Psilocybe cubensis (light/happy) and Psilocybe subaeruginosa (dark).

I have also experimented with yopo/cebil/vilca snuffs and I can tell you while the experience is very intense it isn't fearful or dark and much easier to "confront" (if any such confrontation was even nescessary) than a dark experience on subs (and I imagine very similarly bridgesii).

To that end I have no issue associating dark experience with bridgesii, and if it is a common phenomenon (as it appears to be) then in my opinion we should not only make the association, but explore it!

I mean, just as easily as we accept euphoria, lightness and giggles as an association with psychedelics we should also accept some chemical profiles may indeed have the opposite effect? Why is one association ok and the other not?

Hope you are well :)

this sounds very familiar to me. With bridg, the feeling is electric blue over darkness / neon lit alley. with pachanoi it is bright, golden, positive etc.

this comment interested me, a nice attempt at describing colour types :)

I mean, just as easily as we accept euphoria, lightness and giggles as an association with psychedelics we should also accept some chemical profiles may indeed have the opposite effect? Why is one association ok and the other not?

my thoughts too.

increased potency issue, so maybe most of the ingestors ingest a larger amount of alkaloid than usual

somebody copied a story for me, from the nook i think, so some of you are probably familiar with it. some guy thought his bridges were weak so he decided 40 inches would be a wise dose and proceeded to fall off a cliff, which put him in a coma for some time and almost killed him.

this comment interested me, a nice attempt at describing colour types :)

my thoughts too.

somebody copied a story for me, from the nook i think, so some of you are probably familiar with it. some guy thought his bridges were weak so he decided 40 inches would be a wise dose and proceeded to fall off a cliff, which put him in a coma for some time and almost killed him.

I read that thread and found a few holes in it to tell the truth...for one there was no eveidence that any mescaline was taken, as no pot or tea or any implements needed to prepare the brew were ever found...I also have a hard time believing that even if he was able to consume that much, that he would end up naked and over the edge of a cliff such as he was found..I'm not discrediting the story but to me it sounded like some other sort of disassociate may have been at play here and not mesc at all...I quizzed him about this and he assured me that he did not ingest anything else that he can remember...the story remains a mystery to me..."alien abduction" would make more sense than 40inches of a bridgesii particularly with no evidence of it ever been brewed.

H.

Hey b,

I haven't personally had a dark experience from bridgesii but there is also the same differentiation between Psilocybe cubensis (light/happy) and Psilocybe subaeruginosa (dark).

thanx apo thats the sort of analogy i've been looking for.....the sub v cube comparison....no one questions it but this bridgesii issue gets some flack.

t s t .

Wouldn't you need to do a double blindfold test to get some real data on this...so much can be suggestive IMO.

H.