The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Tulsi seed and Patchouli

I found this one interesting

Can anyone share any information or experiences on either of these two entheogens. Holy Basil Seeds (also known as Tulsi) are often used in conjunction with Patchouli leaves to enhance dreams, amongst other purposes. If anyone has any information or experiences about either of these, whether just one of them or both together, I would be very interested to here it. Thanks! -- Tron
Link

When collecting info on tulsi as a medicinal, due to its reported effects of improving memory and being a potential anti-stress drug, I had made a note to keep an eye out for its effects on dreams. This is the first lead I've stumbled across, ring any bells? iamshaman says:

The meditational qualities of Holy Basil and Patchouli, when ground and made into a tea or a smoke, are widely popular amidst Sadhus (mendicants) and is used used for enhancing the dreams, meditations and calming the spirit.
But gives no references :wacko: Another site lacking references says similar:
The use of Tulsi seeds (Seeds and Leaves of Tulsi sacred to Lord Vishnu ) are used in combination with the dried leaves of Patchouli popular and common among the mountain people of India. According to the traditional healers making a tea out of the two herbs, or smoking the combination through a pipe is recommended for improving vitality.

According to them, this combination prevents the soul from ill spirits. The traditional healers also recommend the use the powdered seeds as sex tonic alone or in combination with patchouli. Drunk as a tea or smoked in a pipe the quality of the herbs is both spiritual and mental. The meditational qualities of Holy Basil and Patchouli are widely popular amidst Sadhus (mendicants) used for enhancing the dreams, meditations and calming the spirit.

Link

I found this one interestingLink

When collecting info on tulsi as a medicinal, due to its reported effects of improving memory and being a potential anti-stress drug, I had made a note to keep an eye out for its effects on dreams. This is the first lead I've stumbled across, ring any bells? iamshaman says: But gives no references :wacko: Another site lacking references says similar: Link

B.sanctum is a plant that greatly interests me.

I dragged up this thread from couple of years ago. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.p...3713804#3713804

Lacks info but does seem worthy of investigation.

Edited by Conan Troutman

Interesting info Auxin, I wanna hear what coin has to say on this one.

It does indeed seem there is some activity from Tulsi that is not derived from its eugenol content?

the composition of light & dark tulsi is different

i've never heard of tulsi being smoked. the only use of the seeds that i'm familiar with is soaking them and consuming them whole for dysentery/diarrhea/GI inflammatory conditions.

tulsi is considered to aid meditation and calmness/clarity of the mind, but not generally grouped with the other premier medhya (mind enhancing) herbs

i really don't feel like smoking tulsi seeds right now :blush: tho the flowers smell so nice, i've wondered how they'd taste in a smoking blend...but i don't really smoke anything these days.

Edited by coin

Well I've still got one stalk of the ones you sent me (planted the rest), where can I get some patchouli leaves? I'm willing to test this out.

i think usually only the oil is sold/used. as far as i can tell, it's only really used for aroma & skincare.

i remember seeing some leaves sold in a wicca store once...the only places i can see online that sell them in aus are 'magick' stores. looks pricey that way :)

but if you need large amounts of tulsi seeds, let me know