The Corroboree
Moses

eBay T.B.M wow!!!!!

Talking clones and flowering.

Minime and Doctor Evil.

Minime isnt as mature as Dr Evil and certainly shouldnt have the same sized donger (or larger as the movie implies :P)

Does that make sense? Not even sure who I'm standing up for - you are both on the same page, but reading the wrong sentence perhaps?

Growing a monstrose plant from seed must increase the chances of propagating a non mutant plant?

If the gene/genes that cause the montrose is not dominant in the genetic makeup Im guessing that you could even bred the montrose growth out of the plant. :o

wheres MSSmith when a need him...

Growing a monstrose plant from seed must increase the chances of propagating a non mutant plant?
Correct, assuming to other parent has no resessive mutant gene:)

If the other parent did have resessive mutants, or showed morphing tendancies, there would be a chance of recombination of both mutating genes. Assuming dominant gene combination is whats making TBM's different :blink:

Theres no real way to tell untill you see the babies. From the bubs, you can determin which of the crosses produced mutant plants, then you can backcross to the mother which would tell you which genes were dominant.

If the gene/genes that cause the montrose is not dominant in the genetic makeup Im guessing that you could even bred the montrose growth out of the plant.

I think you will find this is the case. Unless as mentioned above the other parent has morphing genes also. "fullmelt" or "candlewax" bridgesii shows quite unusual growth, this would be a prime expample of shapeshifting genes that may combine well with the TBM. Thing is, every breeding program needs a focused goal, in this case is it morphological differences you want to bring out or potency? All breeding programs need a goal.

:)

Bd.

Genetic age usually refers to organisms where the genetic material shows certain indicators of ageing as it gets older. For example, clones taken from normal cells will have shortened telomeres and will probably not live much longer than the parent organism. Stem cells [especially from the umbilical cord] I believ overcome this to some degree.

I have no idea how this works in plants, but take bamboo for example. If you take a cutting from a juvenile bamboo plant and grow this to maturity it will usually flower the same year as the parent material, even if this is 50 or 80 years later and regardless of which continent it is on. That is why some of the best bamboo clones disappear all at once. Obviously there is a genetic age marker.

There is also the genetic age that determines end of juvenile stage. Take an olive for example. Grown from seed it will usually produce it's first fruit after about 7-10 years. However, if you take a cutting [with the biomass of a 1 year old plant] from a 7 year old plant and strike this, it will usually produce fruit after 3 or 4 years. 7 minus 1 does not make 3, so obviously the fruit induction is not just related to biomass, but also to genetic age.

For all intents and purposes I don't think genetic age is relevant in this discussion though [after all that]. In cacti I think genetic age would maybe play a role for the first 2 or 3 years maximum and only in certain species. So unless we are comparing a 1 year old seedling with a 3 year old cutting, the genetic age part is irrelevant.

That leaves biomass as the only real issue in regards to flowering. But lets not dismiss this as being a simple issue. I have seen tiny pachanois flower even though no other pachanoi of that total biomass was flowering. The reason was that this plant had a very old root system. I had been chopped down the year before and the regrowth was minimal. To me this indicates that the root system is instrumental in the decision for the plant to produce flowers. After all the plant needs quite large reserves to cope with the production of flowers and seed and it needs to guarantee these well beyond the beginning of lean times.

So, I agree that a large plant, with preferably a very large root system woudl be ideal for trying seed production of this variety. That means it really doesn't matter if a large number of cuttings are taken off this plant, as long as it is not divided.

Almost up guys and its currently sitting at about $270!!!

I'd say the bidding war has begun!

I sincerely hope someone here is wealthy enough to make this purchase!

Thanks torsten, makes sense.

Hi everyone

We have about 10 penis plants over 10 years old going for sale this sat, so they are a lot bigger then that ebay one.

we are having a bit off a sale . So bring your shovels :)

urbantribes

Fark! What sort of prices would you expect? $400+?? :P

I wish I could make it - perhaps someone could just grab me a small segment :)

Yeah well i guess you would hope for a fair price after having grown something that long, we have to clear out a lot off stuff most has been moved all ready, so any fair price.

Lots off big trichs and lophos

Early bird catches the worm :BANGHEAD2:

Hmmm, lophs eh? Got pics/prices?

Hmmm, lophs eh? Got pics/prices?

There are a few pic`s around on the UT web site you will get the idea. To lazy to be doing all that. prices will come to me on the day. Depends on your karma haha

can we buy the special priced lophs from you online Mark?

if there is any left after sat i will put them up on the site.

Unfortunately I'd be stuck buying online as I wont be able to make it :(

I'll have a look at UT :lol:

niice

Id definitely be a chopper-upper-a

they grow faster that way

mosntrose cacti dont flower to my knowledge

which maks TBM special yet also an evolutionary dead end

- a real shame too