The Corroboree
XipeTotec

T.Bridgesii Preperation/dosage.

Shroomytoon, just look at the cacti potency thread pinned to the top of the pharacology/chem forum. Thats should give you the best idea on what you playing with.

Ganted, I am a knob.

You may also be warned that bridgesii can cause some long term effects that may not be wanted(depending on age). Like foolsbreath said, viaiability is too great to for most of our info to be really helpful. hypothetically, start very low and i do appologise for not bringing anything helpful previously.

Edited by BlackDragon

Shroomytoon, just look at the cacti potency thread pinned to the top of the pharacology/chem forum. Thats should give you the best idea on what you playing with.

Ganted, I am a knob.

You may also be warned that bridgesii can cause some long term effects that may not be wanted(depending on age). Like foolsbreath said, viaiability is too great to for most of our info to be really helpful. hypothetically, start very low and i do appologise for not bringing anything helpful previously.

ok, thanks for your help dragon. What are these long term effects that you speak off blackdragon?

Thumbs up to Ace, one of my favourite contributors, he is always happy to contribute, and is always constructive and well balanced. Hope to hear more from you in the future Ace.

Thanks shroomy :lol: Its nice to get some recognition - even though I certainly dont seek or request it :P. I agree, we are here to discuss these matters, but due to the legality issues involved, most folk will usually refer to other threads/forums/sites to cover their backs as well as avoid writing lengthy replies. I wouldnt take it as an attack on you champ, but understand some folks have been here since 2001 and even earlier.

I really dont blame them for getting sick of seeing the same threads over and over. But to this, I reply, Why cant we have an archive with teks, good quality threads, and useful tips, tricks and anything else that could be held high in content and value. But to this, there is many answers - namely, the time involved in collating these 'better threads', the fact that they can be found fairly easily thru the SE and the fact that Torsten and the site creators could be in a bit of trouble with the boys in blue (dont quote me on this - it could be completely legal to post stuff that can be found with ease anywhere on the net... But I'm not too sure) for pretty much showing folks how to take an ordinary cactus and converting it into a mind altering hallucinogenic substance.

You see what I'm getting at? Try not to think of everyone here as arseholes who couldnt be stuffed contributing because they dont like you - see both sides of the coin - they could be fairly busy at the time of posting, and why rewrite something that has already been said numerous times? For this, the usual and most common reply will always be UTSE. I think the best way to reply to that if you have trouble is, could someone please give me a hand locating some old threads on this topic and show me how to link them to this one? That way you will help turn your threads into something that everyone will enjoy, people will tend to respect you more (even though I think everyone is vertainly given plenty upon posting their first time :)) and you'll find that a lot more people will be interested in helping out and contributing more.

Thats the way I see it at least :wink: But enough of that - Apo did help out quite a bit in posting those links - Cheers Apo! No need to critisise his help - even if you guys arent the best of mates :P We are all here for the information and for a good quality convo - so lets have some :)

Please dont take offence anyone reading any of this - it was all written with compassion and plenty of smiles - we all just need to see both sides of the coin before hurling abuse at one another ;) And I hope it made a little sense... :P

p.s. sorry for the hijack Shroomy :innocent_n:

Ace

I have herd that fresh/new/short pups freash may cause unwanted(or not prepared for) psycologial disturbances in time/space that can last for 3 weeks or more. Sometimes they never quite leave, although this may be percived as unwanted effect, it may also be part of the long term teaching aspect of the journey.. a reminder if you like. It seems these other actives may break down through heat(suspected so).

* edited* well put Ace, thanks for clearing up my "path" story :) your post is what i tried to convey! :)

Edited by BlackDragon

I have herd that fresh/new/short pups freash may cause unwanted(or not prepared for) psycologial disturbances in time/space that can last for 3 weeks or more. Sometimes they never quite leave, although this may be percived as unwanted effect, it may also be part of the long term teaching aspect of the journey.. a reminder if you like. It seems these other actives may break down through heat(suspected so).

* edited* well put Ace, thanks for clearing up my "path" story :) your post is what i tried to convey! :)

does anyone else know anyone who has experienced the phenomena?

"have herd that fresh/new/short pups freash may cause unwanted(or not prepared for) psycologial disturbances in time/space that can last for 3 weeks or more. Sometimes they never quite leave, although this may be percived as unwanted effect, it may also be part of the long term teaching aspect of the journey.. a reminder if you like. It seems these other actives may break down through heat(suspected so)."

Yes i can concur these reports a friend of mine had an experience in amsterdam, a very troubled time in his life and he deceided to have some bridgessi after a long long period of pondering on it. The experience itself was the most fullon personal journey that took him to the edge of what he thought he knew... which was nothing :P i do suggest to people IF they are going to try this please to take BD's advice and start low and work up, effects can and do linger on to the next few days too weeks keep this in mind also it can be a very rough and hard space to navigate depending on where your at in your life, My 2cents worth here along the lines of what BD was saying that it can also be part of the long term teaching aspect i feel very strongly about and no matter what ones views are the cactus shall and will facilitate what itself believes to be relevant to oneself in its own way be it dark, intrusive and decadent... whether one knows at the time or not what is really happening on all fundemental levels..

Yeah not meaning to have a go i know i take stuff way to personally at times and do understand Shroomytoonos i was treated exactly the same when i 1st reared my ugly mug round this awesome place and at the time it really did piss me off and kept me away for sometime anyway i think people should chill and try to help with info the best they can! nothing like the challenge of always being at your best :)

Can I also suggest that if its practical, it's probably a good idea to have someone with you, for comfort and grounding if needed. In countries where it is legal I have had brews of pedro and peruvianus that have been a pleasurable walk in the park. My experience with bridgesii was one of the most personal and profound experiences I have ever had. For those who have been there, the loop can be a little confronting but once you work it out and get to the next part, well what can I say. I probably had too much, and the people I was with said they haven't seen anyone go so deep for so long(6hrs before I was with the land of the living), but I wouldn't think twice about doing it again. Definitely not for the faint hearted, but it is certainly a life changing experience.

some good info got revealed in this thread.

never heard about the effects of consuming pups before. very interesting.

if someone asks about something that has been discussed before and you dont want to answer in the thread - dont, but other people may reveal information that may not otherwise be revealed.

lets keep sharing gold information and may all our gardens grow extra quickly.

wow am I glad my cousin in amsterdams brew failed..

For two people he had 4 foot pedro and 3 feet brigessi, All pups and early growth too hehe, It was for good measure, he was optimistic from the reports of varied potency. So glad it boilded to tar overnight.

never heard about the effects of consuming pups before. very interesting.

Me neither, A good something to know

I am going to take the posts from this thread regarding lingering effects of bridgesii, and create a new thread with them...

here is my suggestion. take some ethanol or methanol and dried cactus and extract it a few times then remove the solvent and dissolve the residue in water and wash with DCM a few times. Evap water to give somthing which should be powder or close to and water soluble, use like milo. Can create a standardised extract by extracting a known volume of your liquid (water extract) or a known weight of resin or 'instant powder' and recording the yield of mescaline, if you extract 300mls of water extract and have 3L and you get 300mg mescaline then you know that 1ml=1mg and can dose like that.

I think this is good for a number of reasons, people always comment on how eileen kicked their arse and how cactus is better then say 500mg mescaline. Ive done some enquiring and it seems the doses of eileen people have been taking are almost equivalent to 1g mescaline, so nowonder they dont compare. Only by trying pure mescaline and the equivalent amount from a standardised extract can we hope to discover the amount by which the other constituents effect the experience.

teonanacatl i have a noob question, whats DCM stand for?

cheers

Dichloromethane (Methylene Chloride, DCM)

interesting post teo.

would be cool to know different ratios of other goodies to make extracts contianing different source cacti in different amounts. would be pretty comprehensive modern day shamanism to tweak brews for different effects.

say ofr instance maximising strange effects from pup alkaloid profile.

So back to the origional topic...........

A recipe I've read about says to bake the cactus on a very low heat for about 45mins-1hr, just enough for it to be somewhat crunchy. leave it for 2-3 hours til it's completely cooled down and then marinate in salad dressing of your choice over night. Then you simply make a salad with chunks of the cactus.

Can't say I've ever tried it but people say its like snotty cucumber if prepared correctly.

Enjoy

Mmmmmm snotty cucumber :drool2:

cucumber the only vegetable i dont eat (except hot in chinese) & snot, i think my foaf will just stick with dried chips