The Corroboree
KlUe

Nintendo Wii

Hi all,

I'm typing this from my new Nintendo Wii (call me sad, I know, lol).

Anyways, has anyone played it yet?

Wii Sports is crazy! Tennis, golf, bowling, baseball and boxing, all on wireless controllers!

Anyways, this is a bitch to type from, i'm off to play some Mario :)

Peace,

Klue

*raises his wii-mote*

whats ya friends code? (find it in the wii address book, on the message boards (bottom right corner of the wii menu))

mine is 5618 3941 0454 8939

*raises his wii-mote*

whats ya friends code? (find it in the wii address book, on the message boards (bottom right corner of the wii menu))

mine is 5618 3941 0454 8939

Not sure about the code, i'll have a look tonight when I get home - didnt know you could have friends list... Can you do anything online together?

Not sure about the code, i'll have a look tonight when I get home - didnt know you could have friends list... Can you do anything online together?

you set your Mii's to mingle, and they travel to all your friends, then in games that support mii's, like wii sports, the mii's play in your team or are in the background cheering :)

you can also send mail to your friends.

I don't have one, but while trawling Google Video last night I saw the ad for Wii with PS3 Vs Wii.

Gotta get me one of those.

you set your Mii's to mingle, and they travel to all your friends, then in games that support mii's, like wii sports, the mii's play in your team or are in the background cheering :)

you can also send mail to your friends.

Ahh cool. I hope we can do online play in the future..

I'll let you know my number tonight!

Ive got one, but havent got broadband yet so no Wii-net for me :(

I must say I've always been a nintendo kid, even tho I had a sega master system all my friends had the NES and I'd go around and play some Donkey Kong and Double Dragon. Good times. Which makes me like this video muchly http://youtube.com/watch?v=AroI1As9ZcA

EDiT: Typos

Edited by psykopath_juggalo

I think I must be the only person in australia who is sick of his Wii already :(

Warioware please come soon :(

I think I must be the only person in australia who is sick of his Wii already :(

Warioware please come soon :(

what games do you have? if you're not into zelda type games then the offerings are pretty crappy. super monkey ball is fun for a while...

wii sports is more interesting if you do the training and learn how to properly control the game. i used to hate it until someone convinced me to do the training and now i love it :) of course, having someone else to play with helps :)

there are some interesting games in development at the moment tho :)

what games do you have? if you're not into zelda type games then the offerings are pretty crappy. super monkey ball is fun for a while...

wii sports is more interesting if you do the training and learn how to properly control the game. i used to hate it until someone convinced me to do the training and now i love it :) of course, having someone else to play with helps :)

there are some interesting games in development at the moment tho :)

Yeah, they're making a Godfather for Wii... will be interesting!

^^ apparently the wii is backwards compatable w/the game cube, so there's plenty ov old games to be had for a pretty cheap price...

I hacked my first Playstation 1. I've still got a hacked Xbox I with a large hard drive installed with media centre and all my backed up *cough* games.

But I'm itching for the next generation. I'd almost decided that I'd see which system was the first to be hacked and get that one. The idea of $100 for games is not what I call good value.

I think it may the Xbox 360 that is hacked first as there has already been some success in that field.

Nintendo have always been too controlling to have their boxes hacked and it has worked against them in some ways. The ability of a machine to be hacked doesn't invite everyone to have it done, and nor does it mean everyone gets pirated games. Some will, but the enormous boost it gives to the number of users of the console makes a huge difference in market dominance.

The market has a slump post xmas anyhow so I expect the prices of these will come down alot in the next 6 months.

Hired an Xbox 360 last weekend.

If you have a chance play "Gears of War". One of the best games I've played in some time.

Hired an Xbox 360 last weekend.

If you have a chance play "Gears of War". One of the best games I've played in some time.

Gears of War = :lol:

I dont own a 360 myself, but all my friends with consoles do, so I play it a lot. Viva Pinata is actually quite good considering how different it is from other games available on the 360, most of them are all action shooty types, which are great, but I do like to sit back and grow my garden faster than physically possible. 5 minutes and Ive got a huge oak tree. Not to mention a field of poppies :P

Edited by psykopath_juggalo