The Corroboree
Hellonasty

TEK Forum or Sub Forums

Just been thinking. Many people have different TEK's they use for various things such as Cacti Grafting, Shrooms, Propagation etc and some have been posted on the forums. Only problem is they are difficult to find even using the search engine as they are often under weird headings and topics.

It would be great to have a separate forum or possibly even a sub forum such as the identification one that is in existence. I have lost count of the time I have seen a member say "I have posted this before but I don't know where"

Just an idea ? Anyone ?

Personally I think this is a great idea. Whetehr its teks for grafting, mushy growing, or whatever, itd be good. Specific teks could be pinned in the forum, and when people talk about growing certain thigns they could link to the tek their using. Like sobriquet in this post here, if he's following a tek, he could reference it and other people could find it.

I forgot we even had the Wiki! Wow, I sure was offline for a while wasn't I? :slap:

Teks [especially ongoing ones] should be put in the blog and linked in the forums.

Propagation should be put in the wiki.

So who's behind the ethno wiki ? It's a great idea, but one that needs to grow a lot more.

Why can't teks be put into it ? I think that would be cool.

Dunno how long it's been going for, but Kava isn't even in there :( As a fairly accessible legal ethno, I'm a bit surprised. At the very leat someone should rip the entry from the big wiki and post it on the ethno wiki.

I think Apothecary started the ethnowiki. The whole community was really into it and got it up and running about a year ago, but there really isn't a good link to it anywhere so it is forgotten by alot of ppl. Me included. :lol:

At the very leat someone should rip the entry from the big wiki and post it on the ethno wiki.
Why not you? It's a wiki, everyone is meant to help. :P Edited by Benzito

the wiki admin is only responsible for the technicals tuff. the rest is up to the same people who whinge about this and that not being there. With a wiki there is no excuse - if it isn't there then put it there.

I'll probably redisign my homepage soon and will make the wiki a major feature. it seems the way the laws are going I won't be able to have a lot of descriptions on my webstore anymore, so the wiki is the best place to put them - for everyone's benefit.

You're right Benz, why the hell not me ? I shall investigate soon. Being a Kava noob (oh, but I love it, next one is tomorrow night) I'll rip the info from the "BIG" wiki.

TORSTEN - I'll probably redisign my homepage soon and will make the wiki a major feature. it seems the way the laws are going I won't be able to have a lot of descriptions on my webstore anymore, so the wiki is the best place to put them - for everyone's benefit.

Hmmm, yea ? Is information becoming illegal ? Fuck it, tho, it would be as cool, if not better, to simply link from specific product pages to an outside source.

Keep your head down, keep your nose clean. (a lyric quote from "The Hanging Tree", a small Sydney left-wing rock band from some time past)

Hmmm, yea ? Is information becoming illegal ? Fuck it, tho, it would be as cool, if not better, to simply link from specific product pages to an outside source.

Kinda. The problem is that there are a few products that could be claimed to fall under the category of therapeutics by the authorities, and to have any traditional use information on the same webpage would be making a therapeutic claim. This is what initially killed the hoodia website for me [although now there are ethical reasons why I won't reopen it].

There is also a problem that if you sell a plant from a site that states possible illegal use [even if given in traditional context] then this could be harmfull to the vendor as well as the customer. Probably not so much at the moment, but it could get worse rather quickly and it is best if we are all prepared.