The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Μορφέας

Cannabis and Hops hybrid

or the one where one week before harvest you left her dry with no water, then on harvest day, water her with a mixture of vanillia essence and water, the vanilla goes into the buds and then CHOP and cure, for more effect cure in a jar with an opened vial of vanilla essence.. vanilla bud yumm

they are usually the ppl that believe the Strychnine/mushie story.

they got it all wrong man...its LSD that's laced with rat poison :P

I love the strychnine myth, what i find curious about it, is it's origin, where the hell did the myth come from? if someone doesn't tell me soon i'm getting some fosters and making me some LSD.

strychnine was mentioned in one of the early legal high books as an aphrodisiac. the muscular side effects are similar to some of the side effects of acid, so I would think that where the connection was made.

or maybe it was just some stupid media thing.

I love the strychnine myth, what i find curious about it, is it's origin, where the hell did the myth come from? if someone doesn't tell me soon i'm getting some fosters and making me some LSD.

The internet is an awful nice community. You could figure it out yourself, or trust it to the crew at snopes who do this for a WEBSITE (it's like Mythbusters online sort of...it was around before Mythbusters).

Anyway. Woohoo for free investigative journalists with nothing better to do:

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/payphone2.asp

I have never heard the stychnine mushrooms tale, but heard add nauseum that strychnine was the fuzzy part of peyote, and everyone I knew always took the time to cut those white fuzzballs out of the cactus, a time consuming task. I did it.

There also was supposedly stychnine in the black fuz on Woodrose seeds (not the Baby Hawaian Woodrose Seeds) which could be removed by knife . I did that too. I also scraped the black fuzz together and put it in a capsule so I could get a strychnine buzz. (hey, those were hard times) I do not recall feeling anything from it.

Regarding acid, supposedly "the jaws," an annoying side effect characterized by a shaking, jittering jaw bone after taking acid, was supposedly caused from adulterant strychnine. Later I heard "the jaws" was caused by impurities or poorly made acid. Anyone know what causes that and why it is present in some acid but not all?

People also said that quinine was a popular adulterant to acid. My guess is that that particular myth arose as it was misconstrued from the addition of quinine to heroin. (I didn't do that). Quinine does indeed potentiate opiates, so I bet people have taken it with heroin.

One other myth I recall is that if you buried weed and let it get moldy, it would improve considerably. (I did that 30 yeaers ago - hey, I was young, without my additional Australian wisdom which I aquired from this board). We did it to some herb that was pisspoor quality. I think we would have been better off leaving it in the ground forever as it tasted shitty and did not help the weed.

I know an expert on hash who regularly meets those in Afghanistan who produce top quality hash and he swears that burying hash truly does improve it, if undertaken a certain way. I have to question the rest of his expertise due to that additional tidbit. Nope, I have not yet bought that idea from him, as I can only imagine that far less than one in a million underground fungi or molds would be psychoactive when smoked, and I have never heard of anyone cultivating and reapplying it to their buried stash, so the odds of him being lucky enough for his hash to aquire the right fungi, is terribly small. Sounds to me to be more like a Trailer Park Boys idea (they heat their blocks of hash with a bunsen burner in one episode - to strength it's quality! :lol:

We know that on some underground parts of plants such as the sedative Chinese herbal, Cypress Grass, LSA sometimes grows as a fungi yet I have not heard of anyone smoking such fungi and find it doubtful that is what is growing on my friend's hash. We shouldn't discount the idea entirely though, as psychoactive molds are remotely similar in a way, to Claviceps purpurea; from which Hoffman derived LSD.

Lastly, I also read of an inebriant in Tibet that supposedly occurs from the combined effects of some mold and the roots of an obscure plant. That was in Pharmacotheon.

I want to find a source of Humulus lupulus or hops for grwoing in QLD Brisbane.

Can anyone help in this respect?

ed rosenthal did some hops\cannabis experiments many many years ago, there is no real benefit in grafting cannabs to a hops rootstock but its doable. the thread on highbred.net is a hoax btw.

peace

Sounds to me to be more like a Trailer Park Boys idea

hey man, if Ricky and Julian do it then it just has to work........

FREEDOM 35 wooooooooooooooo

Knock Knock?

LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that goodered it up a bit

The supposedly definitive answer to the reason why acid often caused cramps, tense jaws and stomach pains is that one of the precursors is lysergic acid. If the finished acid is not washed and cleaned properly there will be some lysergic acid left giving the nasty qualities. Each time you wash the stuff you lose a little bit of the goodies so the basement chemists seldom washed more than the minimum if that. Lysergic acid is still given to pregnant women to induce childbirth. Too much will kill you.

As for the strychnine story, it may well be that to stretch their meager supply of lsd, the people making up pills might have put in just about anything that could possibly add to the effect including rat poison. I'm sure it's happened but it's mostly a myth. Strychnine is a stimulant and can give similar side effects to lysergic acid. Don't try this at home.

The internet is an awful nice community. You could figure it out yourself, or trust it to the crew at snopes who do this for a WEBSITE (it's like Mythbusters online sort of...it was around before Mythbusters).

Anyway. Woohoo for free investigative journalists with nothing better to do:

I've tried searching the internet, but my googleskills aren't the greatest. When researching I found heaps of info about acid and strychnine and how those rumours started, but never a whisper about the mushroom/strychnine myth. I've hit up snopes, thanks for the link.

Intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus (hops) have fascinated researchers and cultivators for decades. Warmke and Davidson (1943) claimed that Humulus tops grafted upon Cannabis roots produced ". . . as much drug as leaves from intact hemp plants, even though leaves from intact hop plants are completely nontoxic." According to this research, the active ingredient of Cannabis was being produced in the roots and transported across the graft to the Humulus tops. Later research by Crombie and Crombie (1975) entirely disproves this theory. Grafts were made between high and low THC strains of Cannabis as well as intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus, Detailed chromatographic analysis was performed on both donors for each graft and their control populations. The results showed ". . . no evidence of transport of intermediates or factors critical to cannabinoid formation across the grafts."

"Marijuana Botany:An Advanced Study:The Propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis.

by Robert.C.Clarke"

found this on the net :wink:

hope it solves the question. :)