The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Agamemnon

Bird signs

Had an amazing experience in my garden today. I have a pair of tawny frog mouthed owls who live in my yard. These birds are masters of mimickry and disguise...if they dont want you to see them you won't. They either hang out in the macadamia tree or the large bamboo clump. They have a beautiful call around dusk which really gives me peace.

Anyway, Im walking under the tree this afternoon and its not quite dark and I feel a breezy warm carress on the top of my head. One of the tawny's flies over me touching me with it's wing and lands a metre in front of me on my large strong B.caapi and just looks at me..and I at it. It's framed by the pink and dissapearang twilight and looks intently into my eyes... we exchange a strange but knowing connection for a long time..it feels comfortable, familiar and very primal and then it flies briefly onto the top of my very tall san pedro and looks back knowingly at me... I feel as though I'm being called to enter the realm of sacred and strong plants at a time that is relevant to my life's experience...and no I havent done any mind altering journeys for quite a while... :):)

Wonderful man... the owl is one of the oldest and most revered shamanic totem animals. Very beautiful.

Have had many similar encounters with birds over the years.From rainbow lorikeets,Kookaburras,crows,the esteemed wedgetail and especially the barred owl.

I find they tell me I'm on the right track and things are going to change for the better....and inevitably they always do.

Good things afoot I feel :)

Wow talk about synchronicity :) recently I have been helped by kookaburras, even guided me on the tail end of a bad trip. Also been seeing owls in my visions and can vaugely remember an encounter with a large eagle in a dream. Birds are amazing animals

Tawny frogmouths are one of my favourite animals. I accidentally killed one one night in the car. Couldn't stop crying for about 3 hours afterwards :(.

:drool: thanks for sharing Agamemnon

Weird co-incidence as the local frogmouths around here showed up last night, first time in a while... :shroomer:

Wow :) That sounds awesome!

Last summer I watched a pair of frogmouths fledge a youngster in our backyard over many weeks. That was fun to watch. They are very interesting birds.

I have to point out though that they are not in fact owls. They're a member of the nightjar family which includes many very cool and very special nocturnal birds. Some quite cute too. :lol:

The thread title reminded me of Boges' Argumentum Ornithologicum:

"I close my eyes and see a flock of birds. The vision lasts for a second or maybe less; I do not know how many birds I saw. Was its number definite or indefinite? The problem involves the existence of God. If God exists, the number is definite, because God knows how many birds I saw. If God does not exist, the number is indefinite, because no one could have kept count. In this case, let’s say I saw less than ten birds and more than one, but I did not see nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, or two birds. I saw a number between ten and one, which is not nine, eight, seven, six, five, etc. That integer is inconceivable, ergo, God exists."

- I won't pretend to ever have understood the logic of that last sentence. Nevertheless, off the point...

The thread title reminded me of Boges' Argumentum Ornithologicum:

"I close my eyes and see a flock of birds. The vision lasts for a second or maybe less; I do not know how many birds I saw. Was its number definite or indefinite? The problem involves the existence of God. If God exists, the number is definite, because God knows how many birds I saw. If God does not exist, the number is indefinite, because no one could have kept count. In this case, let’s say I saw less than ten birds and more than one, but I did not see nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, or two birds. I saw a number between ten and one, which is not nine, eight, seven, six, five, etc. That integer is inconceivable, ergo, God exists."

- I won't pretend to ever have understood the logic of that last sentence. Nevertheless, off the point...

Schrödinger's bird - perhaps? :lol: