The Corroboree
xShiva.spacetechnology

A little help on some questions regarding SAB products.

i recently purchased some Leonotis leonurus - Dagga Extract 10x and Voacanga africana Seed Powder from SAB. And i was just wondering about peoples experiences and metheds of ingestion (i.e waterpipe usage for the extract, mixing with other herbs, dosages, dosages and ingestion methods for the voacanga seed powder..etc.) with these products? all help would be kindly appreciated, also if anyone has any information on extracting for lions tail plant matter, leaf, stem and flower?. See one has search all resources and forum pages and no resluts with these products, i have knowledge that the voacanga africana seeds are ingested in numbers of around 50 odd for a psychedelic and stimulating experience.

thanks once again.. help needed badly..in a way. lol

bonjour peaceful people.

post-1615-1157257233.jpg

post-1615-1157257272_thumb.jpg

post-1615-1157257290_thumb.jpg

ps. i will take my other post about the Voacanga africana Seed Powder down soon..still no replies.

post-1615-1157257233.jpg

post-1615-1157257233.jpg

I haven't tried the leonotis extract through a water pipe, but it works very well in a normal pipe or ciggie. It's a nice effect by itself, but is totally nagated by pot, so don't smoke them together.

Water pipes can sometimes extract the actives from the smoke, so it is worth exerimenting whether this is the case for leonotis.

voacanga is a stimulant. I have not found a convenient method to dose this :puke:

Thanx heaps the advice Torsten. But i am still curious about the Voacanga africana Seed Powder, it comes in a 75g, i was wondering whether someone mightknow how many seeds are use for 75g powder, or how many seeds makes up 75g, or even easier how many seeds equals 1g, 5g, 10g etc. and that would put me on my way. or even better would be how many grams would would equal one serving/dosage..

also i was thinking about purchasing some empty capsules the fill with the powder.or just simply dilluting the powder in water and drinking.. also ingesting orrally seems the most effective way of ingesting, but is it possible to gain any effects by snorting the powder?(im guessing not much more then a nasty taste n irritated nostrils)

i was wondering whether someone mightknow how many seeds are use for 75g powder, or how many seeds makes up 75g, or even easier how many seeds equals 1g, 5g, 10g etc.

There are probably 20 seeds in a gram.

also i was thinking about purchasing some empty capsules the fill with the powder

That's what I did.

Torsten - I was wondering if the Leonotis leonurus extract can be used in a tea or maybe just consumed if capsules, as I have recently quit smoking. If so what sort of dosage would you suggest?

I was also wondering about the methods of ingestion and dosages for the Areca catechu extract powder.

thanks alot :)

Mick

Torsten - I was wondering if the Leonotis leonurus extract can be used in a tea or maybe just consumed if capsules, as I have recently quit smoking. If so what sort of dosage would you suggest?

This is a hydroalcoholic extract, meaning it has the same composition as an 80% alc tincture, minus the liquids. As this includes many solvent soluble constituents I doubt it would dissolve well in water and hence would probably eb unsuitable for tea.

I was also wondering about the methods of ingestion and dosages for the Areca catechu extract powder.

I just put a few crystals under my tongue. Keep in mind that once it goes down your throat it will not be absorbed rapidly enough to give an effects. Only arecoline absorbed in the mouth will give an effect. So, limit saliva movement and swallowing.

A tiny bit of limepaste of bicarb will increase the effect.

:) New products look great Torsten, cant wait to give the lions tail extracts a good trial. Just wondering if you had any info regarding the Damiana and Wormwood extracts at all? just like dosage and prep methods. Im assuming that both could be smoked and or made into a tea? Could the wormwood be added to absinthe at all? Hopefully get some time to give them a go in the next couple of weeks.

hey Tort,

just wondering what makes the person's gums red when eating Beetle nut? Is it the red colour of the lime powder (do the white pastes stain gums too) or is it the actual beetle nut itself?? Does the beetle nut extract crystals that you have for sale still stain the gums if eaten by itself??

Just wondering if you had any info regarding the Damiana and Wormwood extracts at all? just like dosage and prep methods. Im assuming that both could be smoked and or made into a tea? Could the wormwood be added to absinthe at all? Hopefully get some time to give them a go in the next couple of weeks.

Both are hydroalcoholic extract powders, meaning they contain exactly what a tincture would contain, but without liquids.

The wormwood is probably not suitable for absinthe as the dominant active constituent in this would not be the essential oil, but rather the alkaloids (kinda like wormwood hash). It is extremely bitter and aromatic. It might make a good bittering agent for homebrew beer too.

The same applies to the damiana. I think it would probably dissolve in hot water and give an intense damiana flavour. It can also be added to spirits.

Dosage? How long is a piece of string? Really, this all depends on what you are trying to achieve. It can be calculated as an equivalent of what you normally consume. eg, if you take 2g of damiana in your tea, then you would only use 0.2g of the extract.