The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
VINS

opium pleasure

hello all !

lot of people are thinking that opium pleasure depend of the quantity eated.for them, the best poppy is the poppy whith high morphine content.

i am not agree !!!opium pleasure is the result of a complex combination of a big number of alkaloid in diferent proportions.this way, the opiate buzz is not heavy but subtle.

for me the good question is :

which variation of somniferum have the best alcaloid mix not the highest content.

maybe the diference between a junky and a "gourmet"......

I like this concept! Personally I don't like opiates. However to draw a comparison, I used to love fresh, young Cannabis sativa. And by fresh I mean todays harvest. By young I mean that not a single pistil has wilted and turned red/brown yet. The weight of such buds is about 1/20th of what the weight would be a few weeks later, but the effect is unique and a far cry from what 99.9% of all pot smokers smoke. There is NO sedation whatsoever. I like that. It is really trippy and stimulating. very uplifting.

Now , as poppies move their alkaloids around the plant at different stages, I wonder if even within one particular strain it might be possible to achieve some very different effects by harvesting at different times in the cycle and only combining scrapings from one type of phase. There would have to be a difference in alkaloid profiles thoughout the ripening period.

Guest reville

Hey Torsten. I get the young bud thing but what about the fresh? was it eaten? cos anything green IMHO needs to be cured to smoke smooth.Did it have to be fresh?

yes there is a diference when scraping just after the petal fall, there is just a little of morphine which will increase during aproximatively ten days, after what it remove into codeine.

the best time to cut is a difficult question but the type of plant is more important for pleasure.

just like with cannabis, young or oxidise(i used to love frozen indica), a bad plant is a bad plant.

it's genetique, for exemple: lot of poppy have a high thebaine content (used for medecine) but whithout a chemist this molecul is a parasite for opiate-trip.

do you know a Sab man who know in details the diference in buzz between variations of papaver.s

Yeah I'm a bit confused here too...

Torsten could you please explain about the freshly picked cannabis bud? What do you do with it?

As a rule of the fist I have been taught that dope doesn't gather any strenght (THC) untl it's at least 3 days old (cured and dried). You'll find that out when you quick-dry a bud (microwave or whatever)it'll never be as strong as when dried in the shade for 3 days...

The only way i can imagine for freshly picked marihuana is to add it to your food and cook it, that maybe good.

And, VIN, could you elaborate a bit more about the difference of effect of poppies that are picked right after the petals fall off, or those which are left on a bit longer?

..just smoked per your capacity, little tokes, hash pipe + butane lighter to get it going..

that stuff is wonderful & floral, sweetness & light wink.gif

The first cut of the capsule contains the most papaverine, which is probably resposible for much of the difference between the mental effects of morphine and those of opium. Subsequent cuts contain very little.

Wet cannabis can be smoked with hotknives very easily. The steam makes it a little hotter if you use large amounts but it is always better a little at a time. Pace yourself and you can get more smoke into your lungs and condensed where it does the most good.

Originally posted by Torsten:

However to draw a comparison, I used to love fresh, young Cannabis sativa. The weight of such buds is about 1/20th of what the weight would be a few weeks later, but the effect is unique and a far cry from what 99.9% of all pot smokers smoke. There is NO sedation whatsoever. I like that. It is really trippy and stimulating. very uplifting.

I get that sort of effect by using dried buds in a vapouriser. The weird part is that the effect takes a good 10 mins to come on, but then just keeps building up. I haven't yet met a cigarette smoker who has given my vapouriser the nod of approval. All of them decide that nothing is going on after a couple of minutes and opt for a more conventional smoke. The vapouriser will handle green weed, but it doesn't do anything extra for me, and the condensation which is produced is a bit of a hassle.

thanks Theobromos for this detail.

do you know thatpapaverine is use for impotence (injection in the penis)

wait a little Gomaos, i am seaching in my books your info...

Guest Monkey Shines

In the cannabis there is another chemical called CNB, i think, with a higer melting temp than THC that isnt vapourised as much with a vapourser so you get a different high than smoking it.

hey mans

what you're talking about is very interesting but this question forum is about poppy ...

Guest Monkey Shines

sorry for going off topic vin's smile.gifsmile.gif

Sorry for going off topic..... I have continued this in a separate thread. Please take questions there.

[This message has been edited by Torsten (edited 31 August 2002).]

Hey Vin...papaverine and the penis.I have a fishernan mate that uses this .His hobby is sex,genearally with his ever suffering wife and papaverine allows him to have a rock hard erection for the twelve plus hours they are bonking. I really mean rock hard and twelve plus hours, and still he wonders why she is a "bit " grumpy for four or five days afterwards.A very interesting substance.

doklikit

poppy tea the first time i had it

made me so horny, my sexuall thoughts

where crossing all borders!

and about young mj buds or even earlier

harvest, i ( like lucid dreams stay long in the memory banks) allways remeber those few

occasions where i was lucky to consume

it. its like a bottle of extrem good

wine, one does not get pissed with it,

no ...its a truely shamanic expierience!

wink.gif