The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
spiders

A pain in the arse!

bud

Edited by bluemeanie

Dont worry BM, my partner assures me that once you give birth the pain will go away :P

Maybe i should eat a VERY large amount of fibre and see if resulst in the same effect? ;)

I thought for a moment that you were talking about a facial nerve.

====================================

A leg nerve is a the result of a back stress.

Constructions workers have that and the added problem which you might be worried about of spinal vertebrae deterioration, the cartilage is like a rubber shock absorber that the body can self attack, deteriorate.

But takes repeated injurys.

A bean bag chair is very realxing and fish oil capsules.

I,ve got it too,its a bastard and once you get it

it never completely dissapears.I,ve had it for about

12 years or so,got it when I was a concrete finisher.

I find the best treatment for me,other than remedial

massge which i usually cant afford,is those gravity

inversion machines where you can hang upside down for a while.

I go to the gym regularly these days to try to keep my

dopamine levels up so I,m hanging every visit which is

three times a week and have noticed some improvement.

I,ve also got a crushed verterbrae,did that approx 23 years ago

by flipping a ride on lawnmower endways backwards down a hill,

bent me over so far the front of one of the verts got crushed.

My doctor talked me out of chasing compo for it and I was too young

to know any better :angry: .I,ve never let it rule me though,I,ve always surfed

and done physical things and just put up with it.Kava can help a little

for an hour or two,also stretching as you mentioned,I used to do

iyengar yoga which had a couple of good stetches that helped.

I know its bad when the two middle toes on my right foot go numb.

Edited by Andrew

Yeah, Ive got it. Its ususlly the result of a slipped disk or a buldge/ protrubance that places pressure on the sciatic nerve. Sometimes it will heal and go away on its own, sometimes it won't.

Its up to you, the pain can get unbaerable and you can get an operation that will slice off he protuberance, but its only got a 50/50 chance of an improvement, plus there is always the risk of complications, infections being the most prevelant

Im living with mine, a result of a broken back and 10 years of heaving around 300 litre wine barrels on my own. Excersise, especially on the stomach muscels helps as the back muscels are generally overgrown due to the excessive strain the back has endured and this can intensify the pressure on the sciatic nerve. Next best thing is mussel relaxants, but we all know that they are a short term fix, longer term meds come in the form of opiates. I used to use Fortral, but the pains pretty much under control these days

Sciatica....yep, i had it quite badly during my pregnancy...really painful and annoying.

After I gave birth I thought that would be it, but then i had to go and injure my back lifting a shopping and baby loaded pram up my front steps....the hazards of parenthood!

It's not as severe as when I was preggers, but it still bothers me...

I can definantly vouch for stretching...and strengthening stomach muscles/cardio has made significant improvement also....I also take fish oil, calcium and magnesium, the last is supposed to be particularly good for cramping/nerves...and a range of other supplements mainly aimed at mood enhancement, but i suspect good for entire nervous system (Bvits etc).

Have read about Turmeric powder as a sciatica cure. It is a natural anti-inflammatory. Coin may be able to shed more light on this.

I have mild symptoms of this on my right side. I don't think it has anything to do with my back, 'cos I certainly don't have any back pain. Just my arse and right leg. I swear I got it after a long drive in the country a couple of years ago.

According to Wikipedia it could be some type of 'psuedo-sciatica' caused perhaps by 'unhealthy postural habits such as excessive sitting in chairs and sleeping in the fetal position'. Yep, that's me. It doesn't help that I sit down all day at work.

It comes and goes, and today it so happens it is there. I should stretch more I guess, the only exercise I do is a 3 kilometer walk per day, which is good, but doesn't help the pain.

http://www.liberatormedical.com/shop/default.asp?DeptID=194

[[Dual-channel high power stimulator. Offers normal, modulation and burst modes. Easy to adjust. QuickChek test for leadwire continuity and proper electrode contact. Kit contains: two 30" leadwires, electrodes, 9V alkaline battery and carrying case. 3-year warranty

MORE INFO

$255.32

Maxima II Tens Unit Kit

Reduce the perception of pain with the massaging sensation of the Maxima II Tens Unit. This dual-channel high power stimulator offers normal, modulation and burst modes. Easy to adjust, QuickChek test for leadwire continuity and proper electrode contact. 3-year warranty

MORE INFO

$215.00

Click for larger picture

MAXIMA III TENS

Powerful microprocessor offers new level of versatility and convenience. First unit to offer true strength duration modulation, as well as normal and burst modes. Pulse Width Com-pensation allows for readjustment of intensity. Kit contains: two 40" leadwires, electrodes, and carrying case. Includes a 9V alkaline battery. 3-year warranty, Includes a 9V alkaline battery

MORE INFO

$448.33

Maxima III -Twin Leadwire

Right angle 40", Right angle. Package of 2

MORE INFO

$17.92

Click for larger picture

The 2000T Stimulator

Dual-channel stimulator offers fully adjustable parameters and 3 treatment modes: constant, burst and modulation. Kit contains: two 36" leadwires, carbon rubber electrodes (EL02), tape patches, gel and carrying case. Includes a 9V alkaline battery. 5-year warranty, Includes a 9V alkaline battery

MORE INFO

$92.72

2000T Stimulator Tens Unit Kit

Alieviate migraine and tension headaches and injury pain with the Lumiscope 2000T TENS device. Offers fully adjustable parameters and 3 treatment modes: constant, burst and modulation. 5-year warranty

MORE INFO

$115.88

Click for larger picture

The 5000T Stimulator

Dual-channel stimulator offers fully adjustable parameters and 3 treatment modes: constant, burst and modulation. Kit contains: two 36 leadwires, pre-gelled electrodes, tape patches and carrying case. 5-year warranty, Includes a 9V alkaline battery

MORE INFO

$82.20

Click for larger picture

EMS 400 Stimulator

Dual-channel, combination TENS and EMS stimulator. Use first as a TENS device in the constant mode to provide pain relief, then as a muscle stimulator in the alternating and simultaneous modes. Fully adjustable treatment parameters. Kit contains: 36" leadwires, electrodes and carrying case. Includes a 9V alkaline battery. 5-year warranty, Includes a 9V alkaline battery

MORE INFO

$205.37

Click for larger picture

Eclipse+ Dual-channel TENS Stimulator

Features 6 modes for pain relief. Kit contains: two 36" leadwires, electrodes (87202104), recharger and carrying case. Includes two rechargeable 7.2V batteries. Limited lifetime warranty on parts/2-year warranty on labor, Includes two rechargeable 7.2V batteries

MORE INFO

$632.08

SOFTY Long Term Reusable Electrodes for TENS''''''']

------------------------------------------------------

I picked 39 up at a flea market for 50s cents apiece.

I keep the two most advanced ones.

The rest sold in a bunch once I mentioned to possibility of electropulse sex by hooking a electrode to each partner.

But the units are supposed to work the muscles.

Haven't tried them yet for muscle pain.

Probably do some creative electrode positioning when I do.

Yeah like a hot wire down the left leg.

I lefted something that messed me up and as I was recovering a stupid greedy friend of mine wanted me to help him left refrigerators which I stupidly did after telling him I had a back injury.

I finally figured my stupid greedy friend was just greedy and not a friend or stupid.

So from 3 weeks to a 2 months of painful recovery.

The bean bag chair really got me relief though.

I always try steam baths for relaxation/detoxification first before anything.

Maybe i should eat a VERY large amount of fibre and see if resulst in the same effect? ;)

I think for blokes that to fix the problem that way it would have to go the other way to get something big enough. :(

Yoga is good and can help relieve back related problems. The more you do it the more you become aware of your body and what imbalances are there, when you address those problems I believe the body starts healing itself.

I also see a guy who does acupressure work, it works so well for me I swear he is a genius. But again I think it is helping the body to heal itself, just prodding it in the right direction.

Bowen therapy is good as well but as with everything it is finding something that works for you.

It is really strange thinking that your body is coping and doesn't hurt too much, only to be worked on and realise that there are a lot of locations that are extremely painful, only you never realised it.

Hi bluemeanie, join the club i have severe chronic sciatica in both legs and arms and oh what a feeling it is. What is the best LEGAL alternative to pain relief as anything that does work is normally illegal? Incompassionate politician lying mungrels. Massage is temporary as i have a disc degenrative disease ,bottom of spine curves one way and top curves in opposite direction ANYONE !! Cheers.

Edited by Country Boy

fuck - lucky for the stones roses and ian brown...

There a old type of nerve deactivating.

Which is a ethanol alkahol injection.

Supposed to last a couple of months.

6teh

Yep, Im also a member of the "oh fuck it hurts and it wont go away" club, LOL, so I can sympathise guys.

I have bad Scoliosis, Scheuermann's disease/syndrome, spurs on and free floating anomolies around the vertebrea, , plus displaced vertrebrea of the neck (C1-C4) and now possibly nerve damage complications from the whiplash I got from my car accident in Jan.. oh'yeah and Sciatica... hehe haha hmmm... such is life..

The 3 sessions of 30 mins excersise a day and 2 visits to the physio a week are the only things that help.. all it takes is a couple of days and im hurting again. so keep it up BM youve got the right idea...

:BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2::BANGHEAD2:

A general theory is a back injury is not a case of not being able to self repair,

But that a small amout of blood/serum leaks into the spinal system which is lympe system triggering a a body self response against invanders.

Which is not the blood cells but the antibodys, a natural response to measles or chicken pox or whateaver.

So steroad don't work.

Simply trying to keep the infallamation down.

I don't thing that accupunture can as a more organic form or the same thing.

I think a new concept is the way to go .

Which is bone stimualtion similar to a getting into a tank with a dolphin.

ultrasonic.