The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
shaman

san pedro preperation

hey all,

im just wondering you people out there prepare your san pedro for eating? (when you's sail out to international waters and what not)

When i was internation waters i boiled/simmered mine in equal water with a few lemons worth of juice for a cuople of hours.

I couldnt bring myself to drink all of the remaining slimey liquid, only about 1/2 of it which resulted in a significantly weak trip! :(

Does anyone have any ideas on how to help get the cacti juice down or differnt preperation methods?

cheeeeers :bong:

he means use the search engine.

theres heapsa info on cacti preparation on this site and sites like erowid and the shroomery.

this guy i know in bolivia just despines the cacti, skins the cacti(big mission for big lots), cuts out the centre core, cuts up in little pieces , throws in pressure cooker, adds water and a little citric acids, then pressure cooks for 4 hrs, strains water from solids out of the pressure cooker into a reducing pot, adds more water and citric acid to pressure cooker, boils again for 4 hrs (at around 15psi throughout) strains water from solids into reducing pot, starts reducing all the cactus tea in the reducing pot, and repeats pressure cooking the solids with water and citric acid one last time for around 4 hrs. adds the cactus tea from this round to the reducing pot, and reduce all the tea down to a skullable amount of say half a 'middy' glass. Prepare urself and ur stomach, skull , and think happy thoughts, and strap on ur psychonaught helmet.

It wouldn't take too much effort to do an A/B extraction and turn a pint of goop into a tsp of majik. With the right tek.

I don't know how you feel about refining the process that much, I think there is probably some catharsis in the purge that goes beyond the emptying of the stomach contents that probably wouldn't be experienced with a refined product. But I am just conjecturing on that.

I've been told that mescaline even in pure form has an emetic effect, not quite the ferocity of ipecac but pretty much guaranteed

why dont u just eat it raw like a corn on the cob after despining it?

The flavour isn't quite comparable to corn :P.

Chopped up into cubes, with a bit of tomato, lettuce, and a vinagrette dressing, it can make a passable cucumber salad ;).

I've heard that just cutting up a proper size piece (size varies) and boiling it for 45 minutes in tap water, straining and reducing to a shot or two in volume is effective and easy. Depending on the water to cactus ratio, one can get most of the mesc out of the cactus rather quickly.

first of all UTSE!

2ndly u have to reduce it to a more managable quantity...

but mostly UTSE..

everyone should stop telling everyone to use the search engine.

Is mesc water soluble? Is that how it is boiled down (in water), or are the nasties absorbed into the water and boiled off the mesc? Sorry if this is a dumb question :P

This has been said many times elsewhere, but i'll repeat: its important that you reboil/extract more than once! C'mon people, you're leaving all those goodies behind. And if you dont know if all the goodies are out, lick the cactus pieces. Alkaloids are bitter.

Is mesc water soluble? Is that how it is boiled down (in water), or are the nasties absorbed into the water and boiled off the mesc? Sorry if this is a dumb question :P

All natural (organic) sources of Mesc. are in salt form...... therefore soluble in water.....!!!!... the only way to get rid of the "nasties"...as you put it..... is to do an AB Extraction.....!!!!!!......

All natural (organic) sources of Mesc. are in salt form...... therefore soluble in water.....!!!!... the only way to get rid of the "nasties"...as you put it..... is to do an AB Extraction.....!!!!!!......

Ahhh, that makes sense! Thanks for the help Human Fuel :lol:

Me mate Dangerous Dave is a real sissy when it comes to bitter flavors. After many different techniques including alien slime juice, jello, and crude extract, he simply despined/sliced/dried/ put into large gelatin capsules and ate alot of them. Worked great except for the stomach discomfort. Later, he took with digestive enzymes(see Enzymes post) to reduce discomfort and increase absorbtion. According to him, taking 40 - 60 capsules is easier than cactus juice.