The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Lophophora PRON

Well there, now you see...being a pest gets answers. Thanks Torsten! Now we know. :P

Seriously though, I'd still like to have a bag of that "unpure" seed....um, if it were kosher in the States of course.

~Michael~

Seriously though, I'd still like to have a bag of that "unpure" seed....um, if it were kosher in the States of course.

~Michael~

It could result in amazing variation and beauty!

the unpure seed would be the easiest to come by I would think, but I am not sure if he actually collects any of that. I don't want to pester him too much, but will hopefully see him again later in the year or early next and will ask then.

If it is that undesirable he can pay me to recieve some of it...

Doesn't collect it eh?

Interesting.

Does he do any deliberate crosses?

Does he do any deliberate crosses?

I doubt it. Not for horticultural purposes anyway. he did do a lot to establish compatibilities and viabilities, but that is probably the extent of it in regards to this genus.

Guest Mexicali

....i think I need to go to the bathroom for 10 minutes.... :blush:

Awesome pics Tort!!! Just wondering, how do Mass Loph growers stay within the law when cultivating such large quantities of a Schedule 1 containing substance? Especially with mass quantities of older Lophs with multiple heads and very high quantities of Mesc? I was aware that a couple is borderline legal but wouldn't mass propagation be viewed by the law as cause for intent to cultivate for consumption? Do the laws on mass cultivation vary from country to country or do Asia (where this grower lives for example) and Australia have similar laws for this? Does the grower of those Lophs have to artificially heat the room in winter time and does he sell those Lophs or just keep them as a collection? Japan, Czech Republic and Germany seem to be some of the few countries that have some really amazing and active Loph growers! By the way is Lophophora 'Paila' the same as Lophophora 'Sierra De La Paila'?

Edited by SaBReT00tH

in japan the grower has to heat during winter.

I don't think they have any legal problems there. in oz it's not quite so clear cut due to the very broad definition of 'preparation' and also due to some weird conspiracy laws in certain states. All in all, if you are not chopping them up, drying them, selling them with consumption advice, or otherwise preparing them you should be fine with any number of them.

i think it would be ridiculous for one to get arrested for mass propagation of a "prohibited substance". If the law makers had even a basic understanding they would realise that no-one is going to get-rich-quick by being a peyote dealer :P

but then, the law makers do often lack even a basic understanding of the substances they prohibit.

Edited by Alice

Awesome stuff :drool: ..thanks for sharing T.

can you display his full name on the forum torsten ? :innocent_n:

Edited by mr b.caapi

not sure what happened to the other pics. I think I got them developed, but have since misplaced them. This old film concept is really tedious in comparison to digicams :wacko:

mr b caapi - nice try :rolleyes: