The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

Fired

Well fuck, ive just been fired :rolleyes:

I had been working at a factory for nearly the past 2 years as a casual. They asked me last week if i wanted to go full time for about the 3rd time. But i just said that i wanted to remain a casual to have the extra cash in my pocket. Was working merely along today, then the boss asked me to have a talk, then bam, today is your last day no notice just go. I said thats bs you expected me to give you 2weeks notice so id expect the same in return. cunts :ana:

Least i managed to nab a few beers, vernier calipers and a motocycle rain suit heh

Im now left with plenty of debt, banks, phone companies and mates. I just paid for my ega ticket the other day now it looks like i can even fucking go because of those half wit phlebians mother fuckers, gah fuck.

Back to square one.

Rant over n out.

Hi Dodie,

i´m very sorry to hear that. In this case, you might have been a little bit more honest to your boss as it was good for you. It is very problematic as you couldn´t prepare for this in Advance. I hope you´ll find a new job as a casual very soon. Best of Luck !

Yeah theres not really alot of job secuirty in a casual position as you found out. But surely you would be able to find a similiar job in another factory in a reasonable amount of time? Start making some phone calls!! B)

Edited by Anton

A mate of mine does factory work (also in brisbane) and has been layed off 3 times in the last 6months! cut backs apparently! :uzi:

Sounds a bit rough D', sorry to hear that mayte.. are they allowed to do that?

Where did those new workplace agreement thingies come into place recently, was it in QLD as well?

My thoughts and wishes are with you brother.

as a casual employers will fuck you or can fuck you any time the like mate - my old job ages ago they rang me and told me that i had to come in on sunday out of the blue or lose my job.

I did the only honourable thing - i told them i would be there and then just didnt show up so i inconvenienced them but lost my job.

The workplace reforms have the implications of bringing fulltime workers down to that same american-style system and all teh rest - thats what you get with a liberal govt.

I did the only honourable thing - i told them i would be there and then just didnt show up so i inconvenienced them but lost my job.

:P

Sorry to hear that you got fired Dods, Keep your chin up mate and keep on looking im sure something better for your situation will only be around the corner

Edited by Young Tripper

Sorry to hear that Dodie - at least you now have new opportunities to look forward to - what just happened might seem like a bitch now but it could also have been the best thing to happen. You dont want to work in a factory all your life do you?

And stealings bad. Give and thou shall recieve.

Best regards

Sorry to hear mate there's nothing worse than a setback and sometimes life just fuckin sux.

e.g.For the first time in 5 years I drove my car 2km at 10pm on a monday night last week to put in 5 bucks worth of LPG and put another 20psi in all the tyres as I'm getting her ready for rego....yearight!! a red and blue light and $905 later :ana:

I know what it's like with the work thing though.I used to subcontract to companies with other technicians and installers up until about 7 years ago and it was always the same thing "take the good with the bad or.." and "if you can't keep up to demand then we'll have to half your work with another subbie" so you start selling yourself off bit by bit and end up falling asleep at the traffic lights(true)!!.In the end they broke me and I threw it in.Now they're the biggest aircon company in the X.X.X.

Yes I'm broke money wise and life could be a little happier and easier...but fuck'em and their greed materialism...I'm a damn sight better off in ways they will never understand as a direct result and I'd have never undertaken the path with entheogens as sacredly nor been healed from pain I otherwise would have "paid off" with $$ B)

Let everyone know who you owe money to what's happened, and let them know asap it'll buy you some time to think.Take the verniers,beers and wet-weather's as a payout and maybe also signs to work out what you reallly want to do....maybe fix that bike and get out there :P

Hope things are better soon.