The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MORG

TOOL 2006 release

Well, the worldwide hoards of rabid and obsessive TOOL fans coupled with the communicative power of modern technology wasn't enough to hold all leaks of the new album "10,000 Days" at bay.

I heard the first single "Vicarious" yesterday. Apparently a radio station has leaked a promo copy of the single and it found its way onto the web. My brother was put onto the link through the Big Day Out forums but the link's down now.

:o

It's brilliant. Turned it up LOUD in the car and it's sonic bliss. Goosebumps on the last chorus are inescapable.

Anyway, we're going to need a thread to discuss this album at the end of April/start of May.

I'm busting with zeal.

yeah i recieved that single yesterday also. it is a great song, the drumming through the second half is just brilliant. i did expect something a little less like lateralus but you can't judge a tool album by a single anyway.

looking forward to this release and hopefully a tour (preferably with melvins support ;))

so amped for this release.

im gonna wait till i get the album before i listen to any of it.

A friend of mine has the entire album.... he said that when they were loading vicarious onto radio stations comps they left their guard down... Im waiting for the 2nd of may though :)

I tried to download the entire album and got some random dude singing into a shitty home microphone :P

I'll just wait too, the single is good enough for now :)

ive bin told the new single will be played today, tuesday 18th, at 9am on JJJ. im lookin forward to listening to wat everyones bin ravin about. ive never herd tool b4. its not a boy band, is it? :o

Edited by Bacchant

yeah the full album i got was some other crappy band too.

bacchant, you should get Lateralus! wont be dissapointed

yeah,ok. sounds alright. um... anyone got the lyrics so i know what they're saying? all i can make out is "i wanna watch things dye??" (could be die, maybe??) :P

TOOL - VICARIOUS

Eye on the T.V. 'cause tragedy thrills me.

Whatever flavor it happens to be like..

"Killed by the husband",

"Drowned by the ocean",

"Shot by his own son",

"She used the poison in his tea

and kissed him goodbye".

That's my kinda story.

It's no fun until someone dies.

Don't look at me like I am a monster.

Thrown out your one face,

But with the other.

Stare like a junkie into the T.V..

Stare like a zombie,

While the mother holds her child.

Watches him die.

Pleads to the sky crying:

"Why, oh why?"

Cause I need to watch things die... from a distance.

Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.

You all need it too - don't lie.

Why can't we just admit it?

Why can't we just admit?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.

Neither the brave nor bold, or writers of stories told.

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing.

I need to watch things die.. from a good safe distance.

Vicariously I live while the whole world dies.

You all feel the same so..

Why can't we just admit it?

Blood like rain come down.

Drown on grave and ground.

Part vampire.

Part warrior.

Carnivore and voyeur.

Stare at the transmitter.

Sing to the death rattle.

Lie (4x)

(Background news headline)

Credulous, divest your desire to believe in

Angels in the hearts of men.

Pull your head on out.

Your head believes it give a listen.

Shouldn't have to say it all again.

The universe is hostile,

So impersonal.

Devour to survive, so it is,

So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy.

It's like bood to a vampire.

Vicariously, I live while the whole world dies.

Much better you than I.

i thought it was ok, reminded me of pushit

excellent! thanx faslimy. yeah. i like it more now. such angry young fellows, arent they? :)

Ah i heard it today, on a shitty radio and it still kicked so much arse!

It sort of reminds me of grungy stuff of Undertow with the intricacies of Lateralus..

Their not that young bac :P

Downloading it from my mate now...i wanna hear it on a good stezza! but the rest can wait :)

Their not that young bac :P

No, they are early to mid-40s now. At the usual rate, by the next album they should be all around 50. ;)

The whole album has now been leaked and is doing the rounds of the Internet. But screw that, I'm waiting so I can enjoy the moment properly when I buy the album and sit down with it.

Belf

word belf

for tool i like to do the ritual of sitting down, few beers, some cheeba, incense, mood lighting and virgin sacrifices to a full moon before i listen for the first time.

Indeedy.

I'm up to three organised listening parties now. I gotta get me some virgins post haste!

There's a review from Kabir on toolshed.down.net

It makes exciting reading for impatient people and doesn't spoil anything.

Edited by MORG

Starting to tour overseas soon, so hopefully they'll choose to come here again too.

I missed the salival tour (i know, no excuse!) but saw them in newcastle for lateralus. needless to say, it was an increadible night. i'll never miss another one thats for sure!

Starting to tour overseas soon, so hopefully they'll choose to come here again too.

The rumour is August at the Superdome. It seems pretty likely as there are firm dates for an early August Japanese tour. But I'm NOT camping at Mingara Ticketek again and I would strongly advise others against it. :wink:

Listening to the album (caved in and downloaded it) again, for the third time in a row lol.

It's rediculously good.

The song Lost Keys (Blame Hoffman) and the one leading from it Rosetta Stoned is one of the best descriptions of high dose LSD I've ever heard.

There are throwbacks to heaps of old Tool songs, it's like each one of these is picking up where all the most important ones (Reflection, Third Eye, Triad, The Grudge, H, 46&2, and so on) all left off.

This album is gonna take a long time to process...it's huge...amazing...I'm only leaving Tool on the mp3 player for a month or so.

Oh man I love Tool.

Edited by apothecary

:worship: Counting down the days, or maybe i should just bug apoth to send it over IRC heh heh

Pre ordered my copy today can't wait to hear it.

If your in adelaide you can pre order copies for $22 at big star records on rundle st.

The rumour is August at the Superdome. It seems pretty likely as there are firm dates for an early August Japanese tour.

I saw them when they last played in Melbourne, one of the most amazing concerts of my life. Can't wait for the new album, I'm going to hold out till I can get a real copy.

Album has been leaked for a while, put it on download and still didn't have the heart to do it so I deleted the torrent and await the release of the album... first time I have ever done this (i.e. BOC's last release) when an anticipated album has been leaked.