The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

How long does green tea last?

Hi,

I was hoping some one could answer a question for me. Rouhgly how long can post-boiled green tea be stored for in a glass bottle with no refridgeration and how long would it last if it did have refridgeration or freezing.

Thanks for your help.

AA.

Edited by strangebrew

Depends on several factors, it could go bad overnight if it was warm and the right bacteria was in it. In the freezer it would last a long time, and in the fridge, a few weeks to a couple of months. In theory.

i read a story about frozen tea kept in a freezer for over 2 months...the strength was unaffected once thawed :)

(ditto nate)

Edited by strangebrew

My FOAF said that it was boiled up about 5 days ago and has been in his garage in 18c-25c temps.

Ill tel him to go take a sniff and get back to me.

Cheers.

have heard of it being kept for 4 months in fridge with not too much problem, and several days in a warm car 2

The biggest problem with leaving it out of the fridge will be mold and bacteria... Nan from the nook reckons he's thawed frozen juice that's been there for five years with no loss of strength.

I've also heard that if you let all the plant cells settle into a sediment in the fridge for a couple of weeks, then freeze and thaw once or twice, even more sediment settles out if you let it sit a bit longer.

Edited by IllegalBrain

I don't really see what this has to do with Cacti & Succulents :unsure: .

I don't really see what this has to do with Cacti & Succulents :unsure: .

remember the rules and just think about it.

Unfortunately the glass bottle exploded in the freezer! I guess its what the powers that be wanted or it wouldnt have happend.

The bottom of the freezer was filled wiht about 750mls of green, campfire smoke smelling 1/2 frozen sludge, the majority of which mixed with dripped blood, bait juice and post-exploded beers. Man I was pissed off and after only 4/5 hrs too. I intened to go back and swap the containers when I finished drinking the softdrink.

Only about 250mls left, and some of it is the brew/blood-juice mix I scraped up from the freezer.. I think Ill practise my tar making skills on this lot.,

Thanks for all the advice fellas.

Unfortunately the glass bottle exploded in the freezer! ......and post-exploded beers.

Learned your lesson yet about water expanding when it freezes? :bootyshake:

:blush: Yes uncle Auxin.. :blush: LOL

Seriously though, I put it in the freezer in the glass bottle because it was a hot day and wanted chill it ASAP but the fridge was full. so I was going to go back to swap containers a few hours later after finsihing the 1.25ltr softdrink bottle I was drinking but I guess I didnt drink it fast enough.. :o

Twas a generous gift and to be my first taste of green tea too, so trust me, I was none to happy about it. :(

I put it in the freezer in the glass bottle because it was a hot day and wanted chill it ASAP

I've done that... but after the first pop can burst I took to placing the container in a larger flexable plastic container just incase. Several times I've put drinks in there just to chill a bit and remembered them 4, 18, or 30 hours later :blush:

Man, I feel sorry for you... what a big fat waste of time!

I put mine in a dolmio's jar, cause they're not as airtight... plus, make sure you let it cool to room temp before popping it in the freezer.

Some plastic bags are watertight and good for putting fluid in the freezer. I use them to make big ice cubes. I guess you could use them on your green tea.

I have made beer from pedro tea. 20ft of pedro was boiled down and filtered to five gallons, malt extract was added and the whole fermented to completion. the finished product tasted exactly how you would expect :puke: but was potent at two bottles and kept for 3yrs :P

WR

I have made beer from pedro tea. 20ft of pedro was boiled down and filtered to five gallons, malt extract was added and the whole fermented to completion. the finished product tasted exactly how you would expect :puke: but was potent at two bottles and kept for 3yrs :P

WR

:saufen2:

That kicks ass!!!

I'm getting out my 5 gal carbouy (sp?) as we speak, err, type...

:P