The Corroboree
mutant

Mutant's 2009-2010 hiphop project

totally beer+green shit, written & recorded in 3 months time, my first attempt to serious express htrough this kind of music. I like the result

DOWNLOAD NET RELEASE 2010 HERE

Edited by mutant
  • Like 1

i'll soon be situated to open the lyric files and listen again.

jeez have a little listen guys, to what your fellow SABer has created.

ive been wantin to hear it but dont have winzip rar or sum thing damn

Dont worry I'll be listening. Also when Ive posted music here it takes a while for people to hear it. The creativity section is pretty slow. I've had a track up for days and only 24 views. Im moving this week but when i get the studio up at the new house I'll have a listen to it all nice and loud and give you a good review.

woo! free music! I used to make crackly hiphop beats back in the day.

On the download now, Ill let you know what I think.

7zip is a good free unzippery app.

managed to download , FRESH! beats, sounded very professional ,but was all greek to me :rolleyes: have you got a music video?

Edited by blowng

but was all greek to me :rolleyes:

lol

actually there is the odd english word

take yr time, no hurrys :blush:

i plugged the lyrics into google translator to give a vague idea of lyrical content... beyond tone etc.

Man! Im very impressed by the beats. Very nice blend of samples/synths. Can feel the herbal influence for sure.

hey thanks.

The lyrics are somewhat strange. As I intende this project as a 3-4 songs max diss-battle attack on greek hiphop scene there is lots of rap agression which is 'staged'. While I was creating the first songs, inspiration was greater than I thought and even in the first tracks one can see some real lyrics and messages, other than battle rap shits. As I went on to write more songs, I included increased real , social, personal lyrics.

If anyone's interested I can explain/translate parts of it.

As I see it right now, this project is taking a form 'on the road'. I wrote a new one the other day, no synths, I recorded a draft, might post it later tonight

really smooth beats Mutant!!

did u work them yourself? i like!

the greek will hafto grow on me though!!!

my first gf was greek, damn she was hot!! (totally irrelevant, just mucho appreciato to all the fine greek women out there ;)

sick stuff mutant :) wish i understood greek though. i have a friend who's a hot greek girl, i'll give her a listen, see if your lyrics are as cool as you sound lol

mmmm greek girls :drool2::drool2:

• Like 1

mmmm greek girls :drool2::drool2:

damn man yeah she's gorgeous!!!!!!!! she left her scarf at my house the other day too. now i've got another good excuse to ring her up & invite her round, cheers mutant! lol

I had a listen when you first posted & it was all greek to me ? (ok yeah shitty joke but someone had to do it & it may as well be me )

And now to the serious bit

I would like to hear some translated or a video with English subtitles, just wondering if any of the lyrics are political ?

recent events made me wonder thats all :bong:

Edited by mac

yep someone had to do it, i thought the better of it, blowng beat you to it though (by a few months)

hey thanks all

Mac let me know which one you'd like to have the lyrics translated. Or I could chose my favourite/more representative of the lyrics style.

All have elements of battle-rap lyrics, emotional/personal shit, political shit, depends on which track, but in all of them there is a provocateur/humourist thing that is intended to confuse [?] the naive listener and adress to the smarter/twisted ones. Yeah, this is elitist hiphop from a non-hiphoper.

Last draft has a reference to the 'crisis', lol, but no I am not the type of guy to go on gnarling on lies that only recently 'came to the surface' but we all fucking knew for decades. Burn everything!

Most of the beats/loops are stolen, but I mess them myself a lot, also play the synth live . Some loops are also my own [DIYPARAGWGI].

Note the last 3 mp3-links were written after my friends experience with subs, in general they're a bit slower, a bit more groovy, maybe bit less agressive, all 3 are drafts/unfinished right now. Also note I do music many years, but only recently did I attempt anything in hiphop, which I never listened too very much, apart from some battle-rap , some stoned nights with friends for the laughs...

Thanks a lot for feedback, nice to hear it sounds cool :)

Edited by mutant

I could chose my favourite/more representative of the lyrics style.

That sounds good to me :wink:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6074540/battle%208eatro%20-%20dimitra%20finished%20so%20far.mp3

Alright, I will do the last one. It's mentioning the crisis, it's personal, has some battle lyrics, some of all, indicative specimen. Most of the others are more into more or less meaningless battle poseur shits :)

Note the track is unfinished, and I might change some lyrics, and probably replay the synthiz, this is rather a test version. I tried to do my best to loosely translate according to rhymes and group it each every 4 rhymes, as the beat goes, so as you can follow it best....

*** = pause

[NO TITLE AS OF YET}

It's been years now *** I am hearing about crisis and frugality

now they telling us about 'spread's [note: economic term] I'm not afraid! we dont even have bread!

but we got purity, those of us that are not sheep, blind, recently I am really 'far out'!

[note: lol, this verse probably will be re-written completely]

Like an astronaut **** that landed on jamaica

have the joint *ah!* because I burnt me out

I am playing with the lyrics, I'm not greedily recycling

I am like a fox **** that steals your chicken

although I am having trouble getting along with the 'others' , I'm not backing off

I'm bypassing the argument, so as to reestablish a union

I 'm not gonna swear normally, just acting like a savage

not few times, so as to upset you

*******bassey interval*****

see, you hear, my style matures

I speeded down the rhythm but still flooring [note: the accelerator]

I telling you directly what is happening in my mind

and if you only catch a tiny bit of it, I will have fulfilled my goal

[note: groovey beat starts playing too]

hello Dimitra [Demeter] godess of fertility , oh the unique fulfillment I got off you

it's the beer, it's the experience in life

I'm still imature, that's why I got more

Inapropriate behaviour I bring

did anyone wonder about all this?

did you ever wonder dimitra?

did you ever wonder for the unsaid?

for those we failed to do, in general

those we felt and lost , a failure in the void

for those that when you drink a beer you'll see, haha, where did they go?

for those that stick with our memory, independed what came

hellish lyric is what I bring you, I am coming on more obscurely

you're under the dopey tempo, what I else should I do I don't know

just hammering you with raps, sourced by the psyche

I didn't find the ancestor, how can I mess with a descendant ??

countless souls ***that lost their track

and so it plays a role, by the way

I am not blaming them, alas!

they only did it to avoid the pain, like how it usually goes

[unfinished]

=====================

Edited by mutant

Cool lyrics. You guys have got it pretty hardcore in greece. Keep up the fight bro :)

Hey thanks man :)

The atmosphere in greece is pretty strange and pessimistic overall. Thankfully the movement is strong and determined.

the translated song is still unfinished... well it's not so good as it's pretty personal in lyrics and all

anyways, new cool stuff

THE END OF THE WORLD [this too is pretty much about the economical crisis, from a misanthropist point of view]

MANIFESTO [not finished but pretty much that's it more or less, probably the most serious and retrospective hiphop song I've done]