The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devance

Overview Effect[Space Euphoria]

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...ew_post&f=5

'Ed Mitchell believes that the feeling of “oneness” with the Universe that he and others have experienced is a consequence of little understood quantum physics.'

What an interesting article that was.

Interesting how technology and spirituality seem to be getting closer and closer to some sort of conclusion, that the two will meet eventually somewhere down the line.

The singularity might be closer than we think.... At least, that's my interpretation of the whole thing.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2008/...e-euphoria.html <-- that's the link i read the article at.

[Yeah that the correct link, thanks.

My browser been messed up but after some maintenace [defrag,etc] is ok now.]

Technology is just devices built on other prior devices a kind of cultural accumulative memory.

The physic as new information revealed by new instruments and human experience is the interest for me.

My interest in astronauts is they a airplane pilot, engineer, can do types so their opinions are of value to me.

And they are the instruments in outerspace.

Nobody could get me into rocket heading to outerspace.

But apparently they have a different more optimistic outlook.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just think if The overview was only a small part of the experience.

The communist chineese want to establish communism in space on a space station.

I wonder if communism can survive in outerspace.

As one said 'communism is our religion'.

Yeah (another!) really cool article thanks for sharing..

Space DOES affect the brain in very real ways, for instance astronauts that have been in space for 3 weeks or more have a lot of trouble moving once they get back to earth. Once they land they literally have to be carried out of their cockpit/capsule. It's a symptom of the distortion of vestibular input that astronauts receive in space, where they first have to adapt to 0 gravity and then suddenly have to re-adapt to 1 gravity again. Balance is thrown off and they find it hard to move because of a change in brain chemistry in the vestibular system. In fact a manned mission to mars would be in critical danger if this effect wasn't countered, because after landing on the surface they would be incapacitated until they readjusted.

But i think the article probably has it right. If you live your entire life under the experience of 1g, then when you go to 0g your brain has to change significantly to adjust. Imagine if you live your entire life UNDER the blue skies of earth with the ground firmly beneath your feet, the rest of the world continually over the horizon and unreachable. And then suddenly your back is to the glittering emptiness of space and in front of you is everything you thought you would ever know. Wow.

Interesting how technology and spirituality seem to be getting closer and closer to some sort of conclusion, that the two will meet eventually somewhere down the line.

........then what happens?

Article was good.

I have a theory of speciation thats different than the present view of evolution and illustrates the quantum unity idea.

Evolution is at present understood simply to be random generation and survival of a new gene.

Fair enough in the context of many species.

But without the many species such as in a global catastrophe a feedback signaling on a quantum level could trigger a nonrandom response, polymorphic differentiation would be a better term than evolution.

So a single species could change to all points of the ecological circle and rapidly fill all the available ecological niches in a deliberate nonrandom way.

So with many species theres only small random changes [mutations]; and a single species after a catastrophe would have many fast changes to many preexisting patterns which would be triggered by a quantum physic feedback way.

Could take only a hundred years or less.

And I think theres a third type which is harder to describe but very interesting..

A type of speciation to a desired form but more spirtually based and cognatively communicated.

Article was good.

Well, to me, the human body (inclusive of cells etc) represents the epitome of technology.

We are at best imitators of the designs and constraints presented to us in this realm of reality.

Transcendence for the masses will happen when biology and technology meet with spirituality at the apex.

God... I'm beginning to sound like Warrioe-Sage.

We have two hemispheres of the brain.

So the speed of light or neuron ion pulse theres a difference between the two hemispheres of the brain gives rise to the quantum time differnce of consciousness in my opinion.

But I am a big believer of singularity consciousness and multiple..

So both are true and to be experienced at the same time; a disturbing illustionary outlook is that the situation has to be one or the other.

tim said....SMI[2]LE

godels theorum comes to mind...

t s t .

http://math.mind-crafts.com/godels_incompl...s_theorems.html

Beyond me as artificial intell,

But if I is was building andriod brain I would use a aerogel silicon matrix that could expand like foam with the transitors already in place.

So a type of quantum effect.

Although not alive it could be taught.

Not good for outerspace probes or military as the brain is very delicate I would think.

But everyones a android servant.

Article was good.

We become 'starchildren' of course.. LOL ;)

reading that makes me want to watch 2001 space odysey all over again..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/...60706174759.htm

'The name "soliton" is short for "solitary wave." Though scientists often treat particles such as electrons as waves, soliton waves are different. Ordinary electron waves spread out and diminish over time, and soliton waves don't.

"It's like when you make a ripple in water -- it quickly spreads and disappears," Li said. "But a soliton is a strange kind of object. Once it is made, it maintains its character for a long time."'

For some reason I am intrigued by the soliton as a optical computer idea. [artificial intelligence]

Its hard for me to grasp what a soliton is but I will eventually.

===========================================

I think the starchildren label is exactly correct.

Technologically and mentally and spiritually.

All points of the circle.

Reality exceeds imagination, so science fiction can't describe what already exists.