The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
eddy eddy edwards

New guy looking for a legal introduction.

Hello everyone.

I've been browsing this site for a while now and have decided to take the next step. I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction? I am looking for something that is legal to grow and consume in NSW, I live a near Newcastle, and that might offer a nice mild pick-up/buzz. I do not want to smoke anything but would prefer something that could be perhaps made into a tea. Also not looking for anything that will get me "wasted", but something enjoyable. And if it could grow well in pots that would be great too.

Not sure if this is possible but it can't hurt to ask.

Cheers,

Eddy.

Probably the best legal consumable plant I have tried is Nymphaea caerulea, also known as 'Blue Lotus'. You steep the flowers in wine or spirits for a day or so and the resulting liquid has quite euphoric effects very unlike alcohol. Very mellow and peaceful. I have no idea about growing it though, its a Lilly and i have no experience with water plants. You can also purchase tinctures or extracts but they are pricey, and I think if you could grow it yourself its far more rewarding.

The other one I like is Calea Zachatechichi which is called dream herb. You make a disgusting bitter tea with it or make your own tincture extracts and the go to sleep with vivid dreams or lucid dreaming. It hasnt worked for me for lucid dreaming but any time Ive had lucid dreaming experiences has been seemingly random and without intention. Calea does induce noticeably weird and vivid dreams though, and there is a kind of strange dream like feeling you get before you drift off.

All the other legal stuff Ive tried seems to have no effect for me but that could just be my body tolerances to such things.

Edited by Conv3rgence

hope kanna is still legal - Sceletium tortuosum. easy to grow, lives in pots if it must.

is qat legal in australia anymore? nice adjunct to a cup of coffee while yammering on about how much weeding ya gunna do today. Will grow in large tubs if need be.

there's heaps mang, that's just two off the top of me ol noggin.

sleep is still legal, heaps of sleep will give you the up and go :wink:

Coffee should do alright where you are.

rhombifolia weeds are good to brew the roots,stems, whatever into a tea - is a weed problem the further you go north in ozraylya. These are mild uppers and won't break you.

Herbalistics selnice combo's of kanna if i remember BUT always look at the sab store 1st :innocent_n:

Welcome to the forums bloke.

• Like 1

All i can offer you is a Welcome

booze , booze booze fuck ya

• Like 1

yes .. be legal.. follow those rules... good boy

there are so so many illegal plants you could grow that offer a nice mild pick-up/buzz. .......... and wont get you "wasted"

you dont have to smoke them and could be grown in pots.

but yeh

better folow the instructions and be "USDA grade 1 ok" fully legal and supported by the govenment

rock on brother

Lol, if you're in NSW then you're shit outta luck sorry mate, we've got those pesky "significantly psychoactive" laws which technically ban all of the aforesaid.

But if you lived somewhere sensible, then qat might fit the bill :)

Agree that kanna is pretty good - I used to chew it for a pick-me-up, but it used to knock my weed-smoking friends out when they smoked it. Also khat, Hemia salicifola, green tea, chillies (worship the capsaicin god!), Lactuca virosa, Withania somnifera and California poppy, just to name a few.

Not sure how our wacky laws here in NSW impact on asking this question. Mainly they effect how such plants can be advertised (there's a thread on that somewhere).

yes .. be legal.. follow those rules... good boy

good boy??? think about it?? booze

Edited by bullit
  • Like 1

its good to be good. if your a good boy, power to you

vice versa for good girls

good boy?? pull your head in.

ferris wheels make me spin out. the views up on a circular moving metal hoolahoop is always nuts cute fucken.

burnouts in a modified drag car would make anyone scream in white faced delight giggles.

full moon aroba. flute duels at midnight.

+1 chillis for uppers

• Like 2

sorry folks

the whole good boy bit was not Necessary

The only legal buzz these days is to put your tongue on both terminals of a 9 volt battery, but don't tell anyone or they'll crack down on batteries.

• Like 3

The only legal buzz these days is to put your tongue on both terminals of a 9 volt battery, but don't tell anyone or they'll crack down on batteries.

this would surely create a short Sally.

"Yes.......yes it would'

....."And don't call me shirley"

Not sure how our wacky laws here in NSW impact on asking this question. Mainly they effect how such plants can be advertised (there's a thread on that somewhere).

Yup, I stand corrected (the thread is here, by the way), but the damn thing is phrased so loosely that almost any food, plant or medicine could fall under it if they decided to really pursue it. I haven't noticed much precedent of that so far though, so it seems to be getting interpreted mostly as you say?

Hi mate . I think you will find that your collection of plant species will increase in number before long , and continue to do indefinitely while you pursue this wonderful hobby and your knowledge increases .

I would start by taking notes of possible species of interest , reading as much as possible , and browsing sites that sell these species , esp Shaman Australis , Herbalistics , and others .

You will soon begin to get things sussed out , and before long you will be enjoying abundance ....