The Corroboree
zed240

Anyone know much about this SAB cactus?

Hi All,

I'm just curious if anyone has any pics of a mature or at least one that's been growing for a few years of the SAB plant "Echinopsis lageniformis ' ' x E. sp. (T. huanacoensis-nom.ill.) Plant"??

I've got 3, one's been growing for about 14 months and I have a smaller 4 ribbed one I got a few months ago and I just think they look cool. I'd love to see what they might look like when they grow up. Anyone else got some of these?

Cheers

attachicon.gifThisThreadIsWorthless.gif

I know it does! That's why I asked if anyone had any of it! ;)

I'll take some of mine in the morning daylight tomorrow and throw them up when I should be working.

Alright, just took a few pics of the 2 small ones I have. I'll take a pic of the one in the ground tomorrow.

I've had these for about 3 months I reckon.

Hey Zed. Do you know what the name means? Echinopsis lageniformis ' ' x E. sp. (T. huanacoensis-nom.ill.)

It means that the mother of this particular Cross is Echinopsis Lageniformis and the Father is Trichocereus Huanucoensis. That means someone put the pollen from the Huanucoensis on the flower of the Lageniformis and the Plant you have was grown from that seed. So there is no Pic of a Motherplant. You can check out Pictures from the Parents (Echinopsis Lageniformis aka Trichocereus Bridgesii) / Trichocereus Huanucoensis on the cactus forum here. Your Plants look very typical for a Trichocereus Bridgesii Cross, so maybe take a look at other Bridgesii´s if you want to find out about how it may look like later.

Cheers EG.

I do know thats what the name means though. I just thought since it looks like SAB has sold this one for at least a few years that maybe someone would have an older & larger one they might have pics of, I know it's not a clone like "eileen" or "yowie".

I'm already a big fan of bridgesii and I have quite a few, amongst a good number of other trichs. Don't actually have a straight huanacoensis yet though.

This is my biggest one and my fastes growing trich, it's been neglected for the last year and has still grown 40cm this season :)

post-1330-0-44092200-1397657793_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-44092200-1397657793_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-44092200-1397657793_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Well, in this case i´d ask SAB if they could send you a pic of the mother plant, the bridgesii. I´m sure it will come pretty close to what yours might look like later. In many crosses, the mother comes out strongest. Not always but often.

That's a great looking cactus Mushroomman! Can't wait for mine to get that big and fat. Thanks heaps for the pic.

Thanks EG. I kinda figured I probably wouldn't get much response from SAB for a pic request but I could try and email about it...

I've uploaded a couple of pics of mine that's in the ground. It's about 40cm tall now I reckon. Unfortunately even though I snail bait around him quite often he still gets munched from time to time. :( Hopefully they stop eating him soon. Also, shortly after I put him in the ground and he'd started growing something slashed him along the bottom. You can see it on the bottom right hand side in the pics. I have no idea what it was but he recovered and kept growing well after. He's got a pup that's emerged on the left a few weeks ago too so he can't be too unhappy!

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=galleryℑ=8366

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=galleryℑ=8365

I'm still yet to figure out how to post uploaded pics directly in a thread on this forum... :BANGHEAD2: It's not quite the same as the Shroomery! ;)

Peace!

[EDIT] fixed 2 typos, they piss me off!

Edited by zed240

Mmm, got to love bridg's!

Click on 'More Reply Options' down the bottom and it should take you to a reply box with a 'Attachments' thing, just upload the photo (needs to be less than 2MB) and click the 'Add to Post' button that pops up to the right of it when it finishes.

• Like 3

Fresh pics for fun. 03-05-2015

post-13830-0-34644000-1430712647_thumb.j post-13830-0-08181800-1430712648_thumb.j post-13830-0-99414500-1430712648_thumb.j

post-13830-0-34644000-1430712647_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-08181800-1430712648_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-99414500-1430712648_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-34644000-1430712647_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-08181800-1430712648_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-99414500-1430712648_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Looks interesting! Comes a lot after the mother. Beautiful spination.

Looks sexy with these blonde spines and glaucus coat ;)

I noticed that insects like to munch on bridgesii more than any other trichcereus (at least in my collection), but I don't know why.

Can cleary see both traits in the spines. What a sexy plant :)

Edited by Brendo