The Corroboree

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi all, Has anyone any previous experience with taking pedro cuttings out of Australia? Kingsford would be the relevant airport in question. Honestly, border laws and customs of this country creep me out and I would rather not go through any fuss. I saw eaelier posts (from 2009) suggesting that taking cuttings with you or maybe sending them is fine but the law or its interpretation concerning these matters are prone to change and I would rather be safe than sorry. It's just that I have very pretty cultivars/strains I would love to take small cuttings of with me and the variety in where I am going is saddeningly low. Any advise is appreciated. I am new in forums and this is my second post. Lest it is an eyesore, here are some of the pretty specimen from my small collection. Cheers!
  3. Today
  4. motherfirefly

caapi care

They drop leaf during the really cold months. you can give it a light prune now while it's dormant which will cause no harm. You can prune later in spring if needed.
  5. Glaukus

caapi care

If I was you, I'd let them be until closer to spring. When you cut them back, they'll want to shoot again. If it's still cold and miserable, the tender young shoots will suffer a lot. Dieback is ok if the main sections are thick enough.. Wait until Spring has really hit then cut back to the woody sections. I wouldn't cut right back to ground level, just back to a decent woody knuckle.
  6. Humbolt

Roadside find in Tas

Certainly has been a funny ole winter down here too WB.
  7. For sure Darklight a bag of feed (game bird layer) is about $18 will last 4-6 months. They wont over eat. No other real expenses. I sometimes give them budgie seed, corn, recently discovered they dont mind a Brussels' sprout. Time wise they dont need much care. Once or twice a week i put a dust bath in for them from the fine matter on the floor of the wood shed. I never tire of watching them throwing dust over themselves and each other. Otherwise i just visit to keep the water shit free. During the last summers bush fires they did about a month with me only visiting them 3 times after id laid out 1/2 a bag of food. The kids use the quail shed as a place to go when theyre upset, they have a lovely way about them that the kids pick up on. The youngest is always pestering me to incubate more but i will wait till spring if indeed i do. Unfortunately if you have more than 1 male, the boys will pick on a girl. They can be very nasty indeed, going the eyes and face. I understand that a hatched egg is more likely to be a male too. So if i do incubate more they will be off to the pet shop prior to sexing. Some have a consistent patterning for females so id be keen to breed from those so i could sex them asap. Normally you can tell by squeezing their delicatates at about 6 weeks i think. Gave some to friends for there poly tunnel but they didnt last long before they got a terminal case of cat. Fort knox for sure DL.
  8. waterboy 2.0

Roadside find in Tas

Been barely consistently cold enough for fruiting up north...When it should be. Only have stumbled across a few when hunting saffron caps, and they've been sparse. Maybe the boom is to come...
  9. waterboy 2.0

A few Trich cuts

Been away over the wild west while the lads been on holidays. Catching up. Fuck snow @Macca Lol.. I think so, have to check.. Woulda edited it... Maybe. Been off my game but. @Big Red Sorry mate a year back and claimed.
  10. bardo

Medicinal Weeds

That's an awesome post Also apparently the dandelion root can be roasted and used as a coffee substitute, never tried it tho. An amazing plant indeed I am not an expert on foraging just an enthusiast, but with the brassica it looks different to what I encounter around here but there is multiple species and large variability in appearance , one of the easiest ways to help identify is they all have yellow 4 lobed flowers, in the first pic are they seed pods ? if so that should get a positive id if it is or not, I am overly cautious with new wild plants and like to make certain before trying. If we can know for sure its a brassica specie then its safe, all brassicas are edible and non toxic and all parts are considered edible
  11. bardo

Brugmansia microdosing

I would like to experiment with smoking other tropes someday, they all have a real presence to em and im very attracted to em for there looks as well as presence. I highly doubt I will ever drink any again, its a lot of time out and a fair amount of physical discomfort. its like a big risky gamble with no assuredness of outcome at all. Seems silly to venture that way especially willy nilly, I trusted in the plants callings and believe once done it is meant to be. Thankfully I never did shit or piss myself and never damaged the house or anything, there is a fair amount of missing time from the experiences and have no idea what I might have been doing but I never left the house so that's good, defo don't want to be out and about. When I was in high school as a fairly rebellious and self destructive type, years prier to trope experiments, I had some pipes, then had taken a fair amount of dxm, the highest amount I have ever done, i am amazed to have made it through the day, it was so very similar to the tropes, when it started to kick I had the whole not understanding meaning of word thing first and general confusion, felt a weird dreamy feeling, I just told people I wasn't feeling well and tried to keep in the background, toward the end of the day during music class the teacher didn't show so the class had a free period out in the yard, we sat on a nice grassy slope and I noticed a fella I never saw before, I thought he must have been new, he began to talk to me and we were getting along really good, talking about guitars and music, I thought this guy is cool. Crazy thing is I never saw him after that day either, seems he didn't exist, still to this day I wonder how I didn't raise any alarms. I remember the day, walking home then nothing, I woke up the next morning and mum said when she got home she saw me laying on the floor and was not responding to her, she said she felt panicked by it, a little later apparently I got straight up and mumbled gibberish, some hardly audible and said I was fine and went to bed, I have no memory of that afternoon or night at all, zero, defo don't do deliriants in public For someone feeling the need to feel or get a sense of tropes and must know. maybe sea sickness tablets could be a safer alternative, being measured amounts and all, they don't for me have the same extreme effects atleast the amount I have tried, and could be like a gentler and kinder intro, when I went deep see fishing I ate a few to many with some rums, I got mild confusion, more like slightly cloudy, was mostly functioning pretty normal or normal enough for the occasion, on the way back I was having heaps of these little micro type naps and a feeling of being somewhere else and had a small feeling of shock each time I snapped back and saw the water. very mild in comparison to brew. I have only smoked brug and Datura and initially I can see the stimulant type thing, an excitation of sorts , would defo be interesting to compare em to other tropes. Yeh once again, just to help push the cautions for those who haven't but feel they must try despite the many warnings, start small see how you react, always stop smoking as soon as mouth starts to dry, the dryness its self can make ya feel insane, have a strong sober person equipped to be a sitter especially for brews in particular, but really the safest thing is to not do it at all, as sagi said it could trigger mental issues. you don't want to be forever more thinking your a robot JAC172835 sent to earth to collect data or some shit, or even worse die either directly or indirectly from this. the thought of someone vacating for ever while still alive is scary and sad to think about, think hard why you want to do it and if the very real potential risks are worth the chance/risk.
  12. sagiXsagi

Acacia acuminata seedlings * tips+suggestions inquiery

to be honest I hard grew these as fuck. as a rule you dont really expose seedlings in extreme heat but I am reinventing the wheel it seems . I suppose I was lucky many plants and cacti suffer in extreme heat and would rather be in shade in the most hot parts of the day I pushed acacias a lot, now I have broght them to part shade.. I am sure the big pots played a role. to their survival definately in the photo two acuminatas reaching pubescens - the smaller one is right next to the bigger one... any ideas on how to tranplant the smaller one out of this pot without stressing any of them too much??? maybe sipping them in water first??
  13. Alchemica

Medicinal Weeds

Went urban foraging today and was surprised how much seemingly Brassica there was Am I right assuming this is a weedy (hopefully edible) Brassicaceae? @bardo Sisymbrium something? Been finding it a nicely spiritual activity The art of foraging for food/medicine is a spiritual practice: Connecting with the plants and their medicine is what draws you closer to nature and Spirit itself. Urban foraging helped people establish connections to place/belonging [1] and foraging embodies spiritual aspects like cultivating stillness and cultivating focus. It is a meditation, a communing with the plants, a way of seeing and self-education "To touch them, to give an exchange, to commune with them. This is really valuable–and the plants love giving of themselves to those who revere them. And we take that bounty within and it sustains us; it allows us to further build our connection to them. The power and importance of this act of communion cannot be understated." [2] It is a way of developing a sacred relationship with food/medicine and it brings one closer to the seasons, aligning with the energies of the land and the foods/medicine that grow here "When you interact on this level, when it becomes part of your pantry, when it’s part of what you eat, now you have a relationship. You’re not an outsider observer. It’s not this ‘other’ thing. It’s part of you and you are part of it." "Foragers developed individual relationships with specific plants; they described listening to these beings in order to learn how best to receive their gifts. The relational acts of giving, receiving, and interacting between foragers and more-than-human others produced a sense of belonging in place" We are extensions of nature, so it makes sense that eating seasonally imbues the body with the energy of what nature’s actually doing in its cycle. As the food we eat thrives and grows at this time, so then will we. [1] https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/14649365.2014.908232 [2] https://druidgarden.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/building-sacred-relationships-with-food-seasonal-food-rituals-agricultural-blessings-prayers-and-honoring-our-food/ Dandelions are "one of the healthiest foods on the planet" The dandelion greens are nicely medicinal Dandelion is an entirely edible plant and its leaves, roots, and flowers are incorporated into different food products. The whole plant is recognized as safe and well tolerated by humans, with no reported adverse effects. It is used in herbal medicine to treat various disorders such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, gallbladder disorders, digestive complaints, and rheumatic diseases and exhibits several biological activities, including anti-cancer, hepatoprotective effect, anti-inflammatory effects, anti-obesity, neuroprotective and antidepressant effects. It is of interest in metabolic conditions [1] Aerial parts and root have been found to be rich sources of polyphenols, including cinnamic acid derivatives, flavonoids, sesquiterpene lactones and triterpenoids [2] "The most biologically relevant components of dandelion are the sesquiterpene lactones (suggested to exert anti-inflammatory and anticancer effects), the plant also contains several phenylpropanoids (shown to exert inflammation-modulating effects), terpenoids, polysaccharides (shown to play a role in immune regulation and to exert platelet antiaggregation activity, hepatoprotective effects, and antitumoral activity), and inulin (currently under investigation for its immunostimulatory functions). It contains high amounts of minerals, proteins, fiber, and vitamins and a balanced combination of trace elements and compared to spinach, dandelion has a higher content of dietary fiber and proteins and a greater variety of amino acids and of most vitamins and minerals and one of the richest green-vegetable sources of β-carotene" Young leaves are habitually consumed fresh as salads, either alone or in combination with other plants such as lettuce, shallot tops, or chives They may also be boiled and drained, sprinkled with pepper and salt, and moistened with soup or butter. [1] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5553762/ [2] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22946853
  14. bogfrog

NZ members?

pm'd you cobvlog
  15. bogfrog

caapi care

Hi folks, I have some large caapi vines which have lost their leaves over winter. I was thinking about cutting them back, hoping this may promote them to re-sprout once spring arrives. How close to the soil level should I be cutting? The vines are 1.5-2m above the soil. The main stems seem healthy but wither further up.
  16. Ethnoob

Noob's cacti

I've still got the bottom half of the yard to fill up as well. Give me a year and I'll sort it all out
  17. Yesterday
  18. sagiXsagi

Brugmansia microdosing

Thats a pretty interesting post. If you havent done already, I suggest you should grow Hyoscyamus niger, the flower of this plant is the most "tropane" shit in my aesthetic, along with some "female" mandragora root with big tits I had the luck to encounter. H.niger flower is like the devils eye - but not in any christian sense - its beautiful , magnificent and I think this flower started my fascination to grow as many tropane plants I could to flower. So I did, 3 species of hyoscyamus , 3 types of datura, 3 types of brugmansia, 4 strains of mandragora , didnt get to grow a Belladona to flower yet. These are all cool to try and grow - I dare to say my fave is Hyoscyamus - maybe because I feel nostalgic to not having grown a plant for some time. There's H.albus growing here locally though.. Anyways enough of that . Tropane 3 day deliriums are rarely described as pleasant. People end up sitting in their shit and piss, or in jail or in psych ward. Especially without a sitter. THERE SHOULD BE STATED that such trips can definately worsen or trigger a pre-existing mental situation, notably in the range of whats classified as bipolar d, psychosis, schizophrenia. I also hypothesise that the dose for a 3 day delirum is not far from a fatal dose - YES, TROPANES ARE POISON IF YOU TAKE TOO MUCH That having been said, some time in the future I really want to attemp a mild delirius trip in a safe house near nature and of course a sitter. Since we went this far, its appropriate to say that smoking datura or hyoscyamus is a different experience. datura and brugmansia have more scopolamine while hyoscyamus and mandragora have more hyoscyamine. This different in the percentage of the 2 major alkaloids seems to play a major effect as hyoscyamine is reported to be more sedative along with deliriogen . scopolamine is reported to be more stimulant compared to hyoscyamine.. Also atropine is present which is supposed to contribute a lot to the side-effects, so an explorer of such a devilish path would propably research on all this stuff before one consumes it. Its less important in smoking , still noticeable, but it should be more important in bigger doses, that well .. nobody should attempt.. nobody except one that knows what the fuck he is doing. and after all these I need to say I URGE YOU - DONT EAT TROPANES ! IF YOU WANT A TASTE , SMOKE SOME DATURA OR BRUGMANSIA LEAVES , OR EVEN BETTER HYOSCYAMUS LEACES... ONLY SOME, DONT OVER DO IT!
  19. Matt1208

What’s causing this ?

cheers, I’ll put it under a bit more cover, could be either frost or water dripping onto it considering where it’s placed
  20. The eggs are really nice in a salad with avo, maccas, greens and a bit of chilli in the dressing Yeah was thinking about the bug eating aspect. If I ever get around to building another fort knox for some I'll be putting oyster mushroom buckets on bricks, hopefully the quail will eat any of the tiny flies that the mushroom buckets attract Are they financially efficient? Reckon you get your moneys worth out in eggs? And are you planning on raising more from the eggs?
  21. OMG. That's fantastic. Mine didn't even last three months and yours are still going I think I have quail envy :D
  22. bardo

Brugmansia microdosing

I would like to give that a try When I first tried it I was somewhat young, I read up on it a heap and was beyond curious and felt a need to see despite the warnings, was so drawn to it, like it was calling me, had read somewhere that only a true shamanic heart can handle it or something to that effect, so not only did I want to make contact but also wanted to test my self, so I got some leaves and a couple flowers from a big brug tree, had light pinkish flowers, brewed it up with massive excitement and drank with a healthy amount of nervousness, that dry throat thing is like nothing I have ever experienced. Started off very euphoric and excited, lucky for the amount I had that first brew nothing to extreme happened mostly was just yarning with imaginary people in the lounge room, mainly normal convos, mundane and sometimes somewhat boring talk, all seems so normal until they vanish. one pretty cool part from that particular brew was I was sitting in bed with a book with no words in it, I had a pen and became like a conduit from some outside source/spirit, I was writing in the book as I was receiving the most profound, beautiful, moving, divine and mind blowing info, at times giggling or laughing with excitement for be blessed with such powerful secrets and truths that seemed as tho messages from god I was thinking wow, wow these words are going to change everything, all people must hear this, I truly thought the power and truth of these words was going to have profound effect for all of mankind, something that was going to be like a positive Pandora's box of the human psyche and experience. Then after a few paragraphs or pages I would struggle to keep up and start to regain to much of my own thought and the signal from the deep trance conduit/medium type state would fade and I would come out of it and disconnect, when this happened I would tap the pen on the page anxiously trying to remember the last part I received and get back into flow with it, the more I tried the further I got from it, so im sitting there tapping the pen in desperation then boom, I would be holding one of my hands in the air and the other hand tapping an imaginary pen against and imaginary book, was nothing there lol, I would spin out a bit, regain myself a bit while thinking wow what the heck, then boom im back in full motion, excitingly jotting all the info/messages im receiving like nothing just happended, back in trance mode, then the same thing would happen again and suddenly im back to tapping the non existent pen in the air. this happened so many times, must of went on for ages, im guessing many hours, I so badly wanted to know what I written but I just couldn't recall anything at all but was left with a feeling of it. By day 3 I had recovered a lot but was still defo under a spell, by that time when someone spoke I could hear the words fine, I knew the words but I was really struggling to attach meaning to them, but when I would reply I would know the right words to say and there meaning but couldn't tell if what I was saying was an appropriate or relevant response. by this point I was thinking oh shit, what have I done, I thought I was going to be insane for ever, I was starting to accept this is what I will be like forever and ill just have to do the best I can to get by lol Was a very interesting experience that was quite different from what I felt or thought it would be, a real mind bender, even with the toxic tones to it, after I regained my proper senses I felt thankful for it, and felt it was a positive experience, I felt a sense of being spiritually strengthened, like internally, spiritually and mentally fortified to a degree from it, I could/can not remember any of the messages I received, not even a single word of it, at least no recall in a logical way or a way that could be remembered like a normal memory, I feel it offered and gifted me a special little bit of something that cant be spoken, an internal knowing that cant be fully known by the brain, like it resides somewhere out side the brain, somewhere without language but still speaks to me.. these early brug experiences helped shift my view on chemicals and plants and opened my eyes further on what they can offer and there potential that's for sure, only done brews a very limited amount of times, I felt I got/seen what I needed from it and felt right to no longer pursue that method. Other psyches offer a sense of knowing as well and are much safer, the classics feel more natural and feels right in the body and mind, instead of delirium they offer a kind of lucidity, clear lucidity and often at times feels like they are giving little secrets or forgotten basic truths away, see all things in all states inanimate and animate and the connection betwwen, , sometimes feels like getting a kind of blue print of things. sometimes to see things direct without the minds conditioned filter, to see without definition or attached meanings. Sometimes it feels as tho in a full surrender to its spirit or effects you see and feel all inside and out in high resolution HD and all makes perfect sense, like its a familiar place somehow know before ever doing it, and sometimes when there I get a feeling of being closer home when this perfect sense of knowing is strongly present it can feel like a beautiful sadness and amazing joys similtanesly, at the outer limits, this sense of truth, an unspeakable knowing can make me laugh and/or cry, sometimes at the same time, being told/shown a cosmic joke of sorts that at least for a time when in deepness seems to be fully obtained and obtainable and makes perfect and complete sense and it is perfect, the whole thing every single thing is just amazingly perfect and great. outside theses beautiful and deep spaces, after good doses that feels like a full journey, like going through an epic voyage of insights and discovery of truly epic proportions , when coming back to base the what seemed like fully understood truth obtained has a way of subsiding from what seemed logical whilst recieving, no longer fully obtainable in the mind alone, many years ago i would desperately try explain this freeing "truth" "knowing" to some others, hoping with the right combo of words backed by feelings and vibes it could be somehow transferred and known/realised by another. tho there is so much knowledge and wisdom that can be shared after these journeys I very quickly realized early on that its essence, its substance, the heart and soul of it, and much I wanted to share simple couldn't be shared, that it was personal, it was for me, it was my unspeakable knowing, I have gained it and is truly mine alone, Something reached/found and granted to many of those who seek or venture, find there unspeakable knowing, and when you are in the zone and feeling ones spirituality flow with/in the knowing unabstracted by trying to say it, or grab or hold it, with someone else who is there at the level, its fun to talk, trip and have breakthroughs of thought/energy and whatnot but theres something really cool when ya really there and certain type of silent confirming nod is exchanged between aficionados : ) Sorry for the long post, im in a mood of sorts , i hope its not to boring, came out clear and coherent enough and not just mad jibberish lol, or atleast has some entertainment or value : )
  23. Evil Genius

What’s causing this ?

It's either cold damage from condensed water, or sun damage. It's on the most exposed spots on the plant (the ribs), so it's almost certainly environmental.
  24. Average Joe

What’s causing this ?

Frost?
  25. Matt1208

What’s causing this ?

what’d be causing this ? just plain graft stock plant, don’t want to be spreading any disease or viruses to other plants
  1. Load more activity