The Corroboree
Caster

Australia is headed down a dark path

This is an excellent post and the comments and conversation are a breath of fresh air.

For me personally it is vital to bear in mind that the so called 'system' is not broken, its designed this way for a very specific reason which brings to mind a great quote from Jiddu Krishnamurti, " It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Permaculture ethics are vital:

1. Care of the Earth

2. Care of the People

3. All surplus to go to ethics 1 and 2

Be the change you wish to see, every thought, word and action becomes a living example of this .................... not perfection, that's impossible. Enjoy the experience of adjusting through your personal life and day to day experiences. For example if you cut a piece of timber to short, next time measure twice and cut once so to speak. Life is very very simple.

Bill Mollison once said ," Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”

To me the natural world shows truth and this so called society is a blatant and obvious lie because it divides and it is well known that one of the key points in the Art of War is to divide the people then they are easy to conquer.

One could go deeper into for instance the central American culture that spoke of a parasite that has infected humanity. This parasite makes one BE LIEve that they are thinking their own thoughts when they in fact are not.

The North American tribes called it the wetiko virus.

Humanity is at an undeniably important point and each one of us is totally free to choose our path ...................... intent is where our power lies and if our base desire is as a child's in the wonder of those glorious moments when excitement to explore reigns supreme we are unstoppable and fucking brilliant.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, johnw7000 said:

intent is where our power lies and if our base desire is as a child's in the wonder of those glorious moments when excitement to explore reigns supreme we are unstoppable and fucking brilliant.

Mate I love your optimism. Bill did have a lot of the solutions. I think there is still a couple of big problems. One is greed and the power that can come from that. Perhaps some sort of cap on wealth, so that individuals or company's can never become more powerful than, nations of people. Then there is the nations them selves. Both nations and for that matter, politicians, are really obsolete in a digital world. Every one could simply vote on every major issue, via an app on their phone. No politicians, no lobbyists, no middlemen at all. True, direct democracy.