The Corroboree
LikeAshesWeFade

MEDICAL MARIJUANA AUSTRALIA.

Just came across this tit-bit from a rather large file of interest.

"Recent studies demonstrated that administration of THC into mice triggered marked apoptosis in T cells and dendritic cells, resulting in immunosuppression. In addition, several studies showed that cannabinoids downregulate cytokine and chemokine production and, in some models, upregulate T-regulatory cells (Tregs) as a mechanism to suppress inflammatory responses."

This could shed some light, in scientific manner on why I have found cannabis to help with focus, motivation, sleeping etc. pertaining to ASD's. It may also explain why I was always the healthiest person in my family, and rarely, if ever, get sick =)

In saying that however, It must also be noted that a balance must be met in terms of usage. I have found no real benefit in intermittent use. In fact, quite the opposite. Just as I have found it's easy to use too much, whilst not being allot by weight or frequency of use. Thus, it's clear that this medicine does have a risk (possibly acceptable) of being overused (abused).

In my personal views, the use of such plant / material would require a fair amount of maturity and self respect by the user. Not to mention an ability to be in tune with ones-self. To be able to notice when it's no longer helping and to regulate it's use responsibly.

Edited by ghosty
  • Like 2

http://www.sbs.com.au/topics/marijuana-legalisation

I Can see it coming its just a matter of time. Medical trials start this year on the east coast. we copy America in so many ways and use their research for everything else medicinal eg any pills. But we can't use it for medical Cannabis, this is a joke. Hurry the fuck up! Give people their right to chose what works best for them. CBD's will destroy the mind fucking benzo market. Keep fighting for what you believe in. People like the guy from mullaways will go Down in history for not giving up in what they believe in. That is true human spirit. Fight for your right for this medicine to be made legal.

• Like 3

Any medicine will always be abused or misused in some way. But we don't ban oxy or morphine because they have a medicinal use. It is upto the person to control their use and consumption. I have meet people that can't use tablets any more because their liver and kidneys are destroyed from use of tablets. So what option do they have.

In future criminalization on mj will be looked at as a massive mistake. We have a plant that is

1. Medicinal

2. Can make bio fuel

3. Can make fibre that is superior to cotton and grows better

4. Takes lots of carbon from the atmosphere

5. Can be grown with hardly any thc and high cbd

6. Tax and what government doesn't like tax $$$

The ? Is why isn't it legal? Alcohol does more damage to society, causes deaths and makes some people violent. Tobacco kills more people than Alcohol but its legal and socially excepted.

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1

don't forget it's a legume too =)

have we all seen the stupid photo's of people handling cannabis with nitrile gloves on? LOL yeah, it's that dangerous people!!! LOL fuck me, i sure do live in the stupidest country on earth. I have been told for more than 30 years that using cannabis will have detrimental aspects to my health. I dont listen to bullshit (australians) I research for myself and try things. This is why at almost 41 years old i look 20 odd yo. This is why i have great health. I dont speak shit, I dont eat shit like macca's. I am healthy. Unlike all who wish to tell me what I'm doing is wrong. F*CK those Cun*'s as I know whats good for me and those round me. stupid country indeed. I'm looking at moving outa this ignorant destructive place to a real country that offers respect for it's people the natural earth we are part of.

can also make fiberglass thats some 70% stronger and some 30 % lighter too. I could go on and provide millions of reasons why we in australia are the dumbest folks on earth. I plan to move to latin america in near future, as it has color, culture, respect for nature and other people. australia is nothing but lies, greed and deception.

Umm, if you think those things don't exist in South America you're in for a surprise...

• Like 1

yeah i know.. im going there soon to look at things in reality. as i have said though, i care very little what an aussie says. 200+ years of speaking utter crap means nothing an aussie tells me means much.

yup, I am. well, mostly. I'm perhaps the only honest, open australian. I know most places on earth are corrupt and deceptive liers. I doubt i can ever escape that sort of crap. I guess i could though, with some effort, find a new sexual partner. I mean, with the same old ignorant dishonest government screwing my arse for 40 years, perhaps i have grown sick and tired of it. perhaps being *ucked in a different position and by a different government might help me.

You see when i was a young teenager, i got caught smoking a plant. A plant i have a natural birth right to. Then i became a government puppet. To be used and abused all my life as a tolken for the manipulation of government crap, such as employment figures etc. Every doctor that has ever helped me such as a valum every 6 months to "reset" myself has been transferred and nobody can (will) tell me where to. Yes, it's clear i must find a place where i can breathe, help others, and my natural world.

I'm sure the government will find another poor soul to rape for the entirety of their lifetime. leaving me to create wonderful works of art, to live simply and enjoy whats left of my life. I have paid enough. more than enough.

Sick and tired.

LOL. bang on!

yeah, had a drink today. you see my stupid government thinks thats best for me and those around me. you be the judge. When i smoke i tend to work non-stop, creating world first wonders again and again. but collect fines and criminal charges too. it's posts like these that help to make it obvious to all whats good for me. perhaps another 40 years of this pain the messege will get through.

It's "venting". Though I'm curious, what is "subbie rant"?

Rather play games than answer a simple question, yeah, seems pretty aussie to me.

suit yourself, no loss to me, i have no interest in slang terms, real language is fine thanks.

^cherry picking...lol

and still trying to establish the agenda

Gloves are used not to protect those handling it, but the end users from contamination, such as bacterial,

which may compromise the health of end users.

Sick of reading the aussie bashing...

Edited by waterboy 2.0

not to mention all the dodgy chems that go into black market cannabis

Got a mite problem no drammas just seal the room lob 5 flea bombs in

repeat a week later but a good method if you have a tent is just co2

the room for 15 min get a bottle or make some with vinegar bi carb

Senators from across the political divide will endorse a bill to legalise medical marijuana despite warnings it could create a regulatory nightmare.

Fairfax Media can reveal that a committee made up of Coalition, Labor and crossbench senators will strongly recommend that Parliament pass a cross-party bill to set up a medical marijuana regulator.

Spearheaded by Greens Leader Richard Di Natale​, the Regulator of Medicinal Cannabis Bill would effectively make the federal government responsible for overseeing the production, distribution and use of the drug.

The bill was introduced into Parliament last November and sent to a committee in February. After conducting public hearings around the country and attracting almost 200 public submissions, the committee is due to deliver its report on August 10.

Sources say the committee will back the bill despite strong concerns from the Health Department.

In its submission to the committee, the department said the bill would set up a new regulatory system that would create "complexity and uncertainty" and potentially clash with the Therapeutic Goods Act.

Department secretary Martin Bowles warned the bill left important legal and practical issues unidentified or unresolved, "leading to the risk of regulatory gap, overlapping laws and a lack of clarity about the exercise of jurisdiction by agencies and possible inconsistency with other existing laws".

The department also warns the bill could contravene some of Australia's international obligations under the Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs.

But sources say the department is just "flexing its muscles" because it doesn't like the idea of an independent regulator it cannot control.

Senator Di Natale last month conceded there were obstacles to the bill but insisted none of them were insurmountable. He pointed out other countries had managed to legalise medical marijuana without falling foul of the single convention, and said Australia could do the same.

The regulator is necessary because the Therapeutic Goods Administration was set up to process pharmaceutical products and is not equipped to deal with approvals of herbal medicines, he says.

A recent survey by Palliative Care Australia found more than two-thirds of Australians now back the use of medical marijuana. Just 9 per cent of people oppose it.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott last year threw his support behind the legalisation of the drug.

"I have no problem with the medical use of cannabis just as I have no problem with the medical use of opiates," he said.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/senators-give-medical-marijuana-the-green-light-20150725-gik5oq

1) The U.S. said it's okay.

2) There's money in it.

Enough pessimism tho. Progess's progess. (Weird that this might come before gay marriage rights.)

I would add that the senate inquiry Responsible Choice posted about here: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41728&p=507766 includes a pretty relevant term of reference:

The economic and social impact of legislation, policies or Commonwealth guidelines, with particular reference to:

1. the sale and use of tobacco, tobacco products, nicotine products, and e-cigarettes, including any impact on the health, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users;
  2. the sale and service of alcohol, including any impact on crime and the health, enjoyment and finances of drinkers and non-drinkers;
  3. the sale and use of marijuana and associated products, including any impact on the health, enjoyment and finances of users and non-users;
  4. bicycle helmet laws, including any impact on the health, enjoyment and finances of cyclists and non-cyclists;
  5. the classification of publications, films and computer games; and
  6. any other measures introduced to restrict personal choice 'for the individual‘s own good‘.

You've got an opportunity here to have your voices heard. Don't let it pass you by. At the moment, the only people cashing in on this are the anti-bike-helmet campaigners.

• Like 1