The Corroboree
Sola

Coleus blumei

2 meters?

photo or it never happened...

well I hope I got some spare seed, cause I think I let all of mine die during this winter...

love this thread

and yep, the plant is very aromatic

• Like 1

563078_10200255914674889_1551210213_n.jp

those plants are in the ground under the greeenhouse benches

Im 6 foot 2 or pure muscle, with a head the size of a $25 watermelon. Just for comparison size.

How do you harvest seed mate? i got heaps of flowers and it would be good to spread some seed around

• Like 7

Just wait till you notice the flowers are well and truly dried and shake over a plate, I don't use any special tek, and there's enough of them in there for this to suffice supply. I once picked each seed out and separated using a credit card, and can I say FUCK THAT AGAIN lol

My mutant strain is identical to the above pics, which are beautiful plants btw HB! One seeking has entered veg growth whilst the others are still tiny and 1/10th it's size. I have a promising feeling for this guy, he's like super coleus

• Like 1

Awesome man, mine was like that only the first year when kept in a large containter! Thanks for sharing the photo and inspiration. Got to grow them big again!

thats what I am talking about, the regular commercial strains dont get this height for sure - most crowl and can pretty impressive horizontally, filling a patch or big pan. But in the size of leaves, height and that particular 'traditional' colour variation, this strain is the king.

how to harvest seed: easy, let them finish, and flowerlets dry, then pick all flower stack. The plants will flower many times usually. So many harvests are possible, if you try too hard you wont know what to do with the seed.

on a side note I got one weak but still alive plant. yeah!

Coleus forskohlii- flowers:

xp0acm.jpg

s3iyq9.jpg

the root has countless pharmacological actions, also on the CNS, the most prominent is the cAMP raising effect of Forskolin.

^^^

nice

have you smoked / eaten it?

Post copied from the Wandjina thread:

I have updated the Coleus spp. section of the webstore, including the following plants:

Coleus blumei 'green'

post-902-0-60132000-1373512106_thumb.jpg

Coleus blumei 'green/red'

post-902-0-53298100-1373512155_thumb.jpg

Coleus blumei 'red'

post-902-0-44343600-1373512218_thumb.jpg

Coleus sp. 'ruffled'

post-902-0-08316900-1373512250_thumb.jpg

Coleus sp. 'Steve's selection'

post-902-0-90110700-1373512285_thumb.jpg

On a related note, the new edition of Dragibus contains an awesome interview with Snu Voogelbreinder, author of the amazing 'Garden of Eden', in which he discusses the psychoactivity of C. blumei.

CbGreen (Large).JPG

CbGreenRed (Large).JPG

CbRed (Large).JPG

ColeusRuffled (Large).JPG

ColeusStevesSelection (Large).JPG

CbGreen (Large).JPG

CbGreenRed (Large).JPG

CbRed (Large).JPG

ColeusRuffled (Large).JPG

ColeusStevesSelection (Large).JPG

• Like 2

Thanks for that toast! Very keen on that issue now too!

I was unsuccessful with acetone extracts of this plant recently. Long soaks, short soaks, plain leaf, 50x leaf, and nadda.... The search continues!

• Like 1

i have just started my collection but dont know the names of the varietiez???

Any chance of seed or cuttings from the mutant plant??

Thanks for that toast! Very keen on that issue now too!

I was unsuccessful with acetone extracts of this plant recently. Long soaks, short soaks, plain leaf, 50x leaf, and nadda.... The search continues!

I have heard of people, putting fresh material into a blender, and than squeeze out the juice, of the pulp, using various means.

• Like 1

Unless I can use a wheatgrass juicer I'm out on that one, my pallet wouldn't allow it to go down. But I feel the wheatgrass juicer tek could even be dried and capsules quite quickly? Either way it would be alot easier to take and wouldn't loose anything I wouldn't think...

just fuken smash it down put two shots of vodka in it :devil:

Any chance of seed or cuttings from the mutant plant??

if you dont find from someone from australia, PM me

• Like 1

I boiled up kilo's of this stuff. No effect. Just to support the nil effect of this Genus. edit : I have tried steeping drum filled with Coleus blumei and water in 1997. Didn't feel anything from huge amounts but didn't let it sit in my mouth just drank. I drank as much as my body could handle and myself and 4 others felt nothing.

Edited by Leaves

I boiled up kilo's of this stuff. No effect. Just to support the nil effect of this Genus.

but you don't boil that material, think like salvia divinorum, nobody boils that one either.

the activas might only get absorbed via the mucus membranes in the mouth?!

I have a tip for the people that doesn't know this, maybe this could help: When you have soft material (Leaves, flowers) you don't have to boil them with the water. You just boil the water and turn off the fire, then immediately you drop the material inside, cover the pot, and let it stay for about 30 min. then you can drink the water. That's the right way to make an infusion. You never boil the plant material. If you boil the soft materials, most of the components evaporate and you stay with almost nothing and obviously the plant wont work.

For hard plant materials (Roots, seeds, steam, bark etc...) you have to boil the water first, then when it's boiling you throw the material and let it boil with the water for about 5 minutes (unless you're making Ayahuasca or another special recipe) then you turn off the fire, cover the pot and let it stay for about 30 min. then you can drink the water. If you don't boil the hard material, it won't release most of the components and the plant won't work too.

It's important that you make any beverage in a pot like this http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OO52PnR-HKU/Tf9r67HQnyI/AAAAAAAAHA0/w9nDds6TG5Q/s400/peltre.jpg

this is because the aluminium pots release some particles that could be harmful mixed with the tannines of some barks.

I've been studying natural and traditional medicine for about 4 years until now.

Maybe this could help some of you with your researches and experiments. Hope so!

JCMMa, I find that if I boiled plant material up with the lid kept on the essential oils even remain in the tea. I boil up different native plants for crude teas for my Mrs's soap making. I would agree that boiling will destroy anything that can't handle 100degrees but the essential oils etc will remain with a decent lid and can be skimmed of the surface with a spoon once cooled.

Edited by Leaves

I agree with the essential oils, but other components could just evaporate in some plants. That's why you make infusions with soft plant material, I mean for making teas for treating any ill or just for the ingest. For making soaps you could boil everything and the fragrances will remain.

For example, if Coleus were active in tea, you make an infusion but you don't boil the leaves so you would be getting most of the components of the plant. But if you do boil it, the ingestion wouldn't be so effective.

It's just a fact for the experiments of ingestion.

235px-Syringe2.jpg

The only way.

:lol:

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

Mix it with some heroin, says gtarman haha

maybe thats how I screwed up on my lactuca experiment... I put it in the oven on the lowest heat to evaporate and still came to full boil so I had to watch it... but I don't think I want to ever try again... unforgettable scent lol

its funny how people say "I did This or that with a coleus" and nothing happened.

there are many ornamental strains of this plant. We dont even know if they're all coming from the same tallish "Coleus blumei"

anyways

• Like 1

Lots of different Coleus blumei & forskohlii (normal & variegated) plants are escaping pensioner gardens into the bush around here so there is plenty to spare. Does anyone who has felt any effects they would say are very noticeable have a recommended prep method? Just put fresh plant material in the the juicer?