The Corroboree
quarterflesh

mutilated stingray

did anyone else see this on the news http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/ray-mutilation-horrifies-gold-coast/story-fn6ck51p-1226043082945

i was absolutely shocked and almost vomited when they broadcast it on the tv. but instead of putting it out of its misery they kept it alive at seaworld.

I didn't see it, but it reminds me when i was living on the coast and body the body of a fiddler ray tossed behind the national parks sign, brutally stabbed in it head for no good reason. Suffice to say, I was pretty furious.

but instead of putting it out of its misery they kept it alive at seaworld.

I like to think that the experts at Seaworld would do what is best for the animal. people dedicating their lives to caring for animals I'm sure would do the right thing.

steve irwin activists is my guess. outside of that its a bit excessive. reminds me of the time those kids beat up a sickly roo. fugded up. its on the list of reasons i dont watch TV.

stingrays are harmless and peaceful. personally ive encountered shitloads in my time surfing and they ALWAYS fly away before you get near them. they are one of the few ocean creatures that will stay out of your way. why someone would do this is beyond me... unless its shark fisher-people trying to bloody up the water. still unnecessary.

They're just self-righteous meatheads who believe that people and nature are two different things.

I once stood on Semaphore jetty in SA and verbally abused :blush: someone who had caught a yellow stingray and was letting it flip around on the jetty poor thing. I'm guessing they weren't going to throw it back.

That was when I was young and outspoken. I'm a little bit less dramatic thesedays.

• Like 1

That was until two young fishermen speared the creature and hacked it to pieces in front of distressed and screaming beachgoers last month.
Authorities were powerless to act because the bay, 30km south of Margaret River, is open to recreational fishing.

Who needs "authorities"? Just grab these two fuckheads, and publicly humiliate them...

Spear and hack them apart. If everyone is unanimous we all just say a guy dressed as a clown with fiery red hair did it and then swam out to sea until no longer visible :P

Bastard fishermen.

rays are very sheepish in my experience - once in Port Phillip bay I got myself in a spot 100 metres from shore between three massive rays and a chunk of sharp rock with no where to go. the rays shat themselves more about me than I did of them and it was all good. those puffer fish however... LOL

Omg that is also another terrible story. Not something i would want to see happen, let alone kids and familys