The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Jamanoid

Sal Div

So I assume this is talked about in here a bit?

Some years ago, sometime before 2001, ha...myself and a few people, my lady, my mother, her boyfriend, road tripped to Nimbin...that place, a whole other story...a pretty obvious story perhaps for another time.

Though right now I'll talk about my introduction and thus far sole experience with Salvia D.

Now, one of the guys I was with is a kind've sucker...anyone would tell him that something would give him some kind of

intoxicating effect and he was right in it - though in this case it was a good thing, because walking into the ?I think it was? happy herbal high shop, I looked around and having tried a few smoking mixes etc that I'd found relaxing but not much more...I wasn't overly thrilled to be there.

Though he said he'd heard of the stuff. Picked up a bag of SD 30x extract.

Looked like burnt tea leaves. We split the cost, I hadn't heard of it at all and knew nothing of it's legal status at the time or effects -only the reputed effects which of course coming from the guy selling it, was expected to be something of an overstatement.

I was actually alone at the time, well my girl was in the house, but thinking it would just do nothing or very little as per my experience to that point with "alternatives", I didn't bother to go get her.

So, I packed and lit up.

Half way through a regular sized inhalation, I noticed a strange almost, but not quite ?metallic? taste and then stopped to ponder this...then the metaphorical truck hit me. That fast, the effects were upon me.

I experienced a completely differed distance perception as the most obvious effect, I was sitting on my bed at the time, looking at the floor wondering why I couldn't touch what seemed to be so much closer - then of course looking at my arms was some good fun too. They had a fuzzy surface, and looked both far away and incredibly close at the same time.

When I stood up, well, to say the room was spinning would be a bit of an overstatement, but it was a little like the being drunk delayed visual perception without any of the ill effects...though, I thought it best to sit back down because it really felt like walking anywhere wouldn't be a real successful attempt.

Euphoria came next...to a previously unknown height for me. I haven't had much experience with substances like this, I'm usually pretty clean and green only, and while I've tried a few other interesting things here and there, nothing came close to this, man made or otherwise.

I caught myself laughing...and then I laughed because I didn't know what I was laughing at. Let me tell you...if you think anything else has bought on the giggles, this here turns you INTO the giggles. I caught my breath and tried to focus and calm down a little to better analyse the effects - I lay back, and closed my eyes.

It was at this stage that the most profound (IMO) part of the effect occurred. I could not tell which way was up. It was very confusing but not altogether unpleasant. I literally felt like the reality I knew had disappeared and I had entered a new one when I'd closed my eyes. Though there was nothing but darkness, it felt as though I was moving and tumbling through space. No anxiety, no fear, everything just pretty much melted away.

...this all happened in the space of about 5 minutes....

Then, I "woke up" which is the only way I can think of to describe it. There was no gradual come-down, no after effects, it was simply as though I'd snapped out of it. I sat back up, opened my eyes, and felt completely refreshed - throughout the day following I had no after effects or anything like that either.

I honestly don't think I'm going too far to say it was one of, if not THE most fun substance I've ever indulged in.

Since the legal status of the plant could be a liability, some of this thread has been edited.

So anyways, I hope someone got some info and/or laughs out of my story.

It's something I personally don't think there should be any laws against, but would definitely advocate moderation for anyone were so inclined to try. It's unfortunate though, because it sure seemed harmless enough fun to me.

I'd love to hear about any other experiences with this great (?is it?) "herb" (of course I'll assume it was consumed at a time prior to 2001) always find that they're entertaining to read about how people had a fun and funny time.

Thanks for reading

- B.

Edited by The Jamanoid

Yes, it's a herb, and an illegal one in this 'civilized' country...that is probably why you could not aquire any from your previous supplier.

Edited by Dale Cooper

Cool experience !

I have yet to try this salvia out once it becomes legal as i have read many salvia D experiences and they all sounds pretty cool.

Would be funny to see this 'civilized ' country unban it ;)

Yeah the banning thing is pretty strange to me..it's not like people would do much more than effectively stumble around and have a good laugh...but I guess as per usual some idiots overindulge and make a bad name for it...

i think prohibition is stupid but i think your last post is way off. when i got salvia legally at nimbin a while back they gave us an info sheet about using a sitter and how dangerous items/environments are not wise to include in a salvia experience.

dunno about smoking ordinary leaf but it's blatantly obvious to me that salvinorin intoxication can and certainly will lead to accidental injuries or death.

oh yeah i am curious how much of the 30X cone your FOAF inhaled

Edited by ThunderIdeal

i think prohibition is stupid but i think your last post is way off. when i got salvia legally at nimbin a while back they gave us an info sheet about using a sitter and how dangerous items/environments are not wise to include in a salvia experience.

dunno about smoking ordinary leaf but it's blatantly obvious to me that salvinorin intoxication can and certainly will lead to accidental injuries or death.

Back in 2000 I was sitting for a few guys usuing sally ,one guy managed to consume 12 cones i a row before calmly picking up the glass water pipe and throwing it full force against the wall right above where another personwas sitting the scary thing is when i grabbed him and sat him down he' was saying 'what the fuck is everybody upset about all i did was throw the bong at the wall' he knew what he had done but just acted like it was normal everyday behaviour , he proceeded to leaver the house we were at and i had to chase him up the road trying to talk sense into him for the next 15 or so minutes and this was plain salvia leaf no extract or anything Sally can be a wonderful friend but also a very powerful enemy use her respectfully and wisely at all times

Smoking Salvia divinorum sucks, y'all need to get some plants growing and chew the fresh leafs!

Way off in what respect?

I mean I get that it can be "dangerous" dependent upon individual reaction, and environment, but then so are many substances alcohol (very much so) included.

I still fundamentally believe that it's also about control, sure it may be harder to retain while under the effects I would think it's doable. With effects of this nature, I'd be more inclined to try and get some inner reflection going on if I were so inclined...but yes I do believe people overindulge. Enough was taken at the time to experience no ill effect, because it was done so in moderation. If people go straight for a high strength concentrate or a large amount without having at least dipped their toes in the water so to speak, I think it's a bit irresponsible of them as they will more than likely experience the negative effects associated, as will others around them (from them) and bad word travels.

I'm not really sure what information was or wasn't provided with it as it was not essentially my purchase.

Didn't seem like too much at the time, but it was about 2/3 done - Might have been a relative lightweight, but I think considering the experience it was "enough".

Back in 2000 I was sitting for a few guys usuing sally ,one guy managed to consume 12 cones i a row before calmly picking up the glass water pipe and throwing it full force against the wall right above where another personwas sitting the scary thing is when i grabbed him and sat him down he' was saying 'what the fuck is everybody upset about all i did was throw the bong at the wall' he knew what he had done but just acted like it was normal everyday behaviour , he proceeded to leaver the house we were at and i had to chase him up the road trying to talk sense into him for the next 15 or so minutes and this was plain salvia leaf no extract or anything Sally can be a wonderful friend but also a very powerful enemy use her respectfully and wisely at all times

Not sure how different the plain leaves would be...but 12 sounds a bit like a problem waiting to happen?

Generally I try and go at things like that relatively minimally at first, and I agree with and appreciate your view on usage.

But yeah sounds like that was a bit of an odd reaction, most of what I've seen/heard is people being overcome by gales of laughter? Though some of the videos people have up on youtube show some pretty paranoid type effects with the stronger extracts...I have to say I don't think I'd even be willing, if I were so inclined, to even go near an 80x.

Smoking Salvia divinorum sucks, y'all need to get some plants growing and chew the fresh leafs!

That sounds alright, might be a way to have some nicer, more mellow effects...what was it like as such?

Edited by The Jamanoid

I'm in the states, I'm chewing Salvia divinorum right now! LEGALLY!

Didn't seem like too much at the time, but it was about 2/3 done - Might have been a relative lightweight, but I think considering the experience it was "enough".

Not sure how different the plain leaves would be...but 12 sounds a bit like a problem waiting to happen?

Generally I try and go at things like that relatively minimally at first, and I agree with and appreciate your view on usage.

But yeah sounds like that was a bit of an odd reaction, most of what I've seen/heard is people being overcome by gales of laughter?

two thirds x 30 = you had the equivalent of 20 cones of leaf. not a small dose at all.

when i said i thought "it's not like people would do much more than effectively stumble around and have a good laugh" was way off, i mean in the sense that salvia fucks with your judgement in a pretty weird way and something people could do is electrocute, stab, burn etc themselves or their friends.

Fair enough...that does sound a bit off, hadn't heard of all that stuff personally...though it doesn't make me really overall consider it too much of a threatening substance. Sitters I'd agree are a good idea, if not for the safety of the person in question but also the property?

I suppose I was going largely on my effects and those I'd witnessed personally so I guess that's my slightly biased point of view on it?

Since hearing about the effects of the leaf I have to say that actually sounds like a nice idea to try if ever one were so inclined etc etc standard disclaimer ha

I tend to burn and electro-prod myself and silly friend when alcohol is involved...it just seems like such a good idea after a few drinks to try and withstand pain...see, this is why I'm into more relaxing things

stab, burn etc themselves or their friends

I gotta agree with TI

Not a Sally mishap but SwiM stabbed them self in the leg once with a big ass BBQ fork on tabs of Ohm many years ago, they really got into a bushtuckerman fishing story of how hard it was to stab a carp with a sharp knife in the water ,

sunk the BBQ fork in good they did

:slap: