The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Chiral

Tasmania - Drug dealer told to pay.

LINK

A BURNIE woman who was today convicted of drug trafficking, must repay $28,000 for selling cannabis.

The Burnie Supreme Court heard that Tania Maree Radford would buy an ounce of cannabis each week and divide it into smaller deals. She made about $250 a week from her dealing.

The amount Radford must repay is equivalent to her earnings over a year and does not take the price she paid for the cannabis into account.

The court heard Radford, a single mother with five children, sold drugs to an undercover police officer on three occasions between January and March this year.

Police found drugs packaged ready for sale and about $500 in cash when they swooped.

Radford told the court she was not a drug user but needed money after escaping a violent relationship.

"You gave little thought to the harm drugs cause in the community," Justice Shan Tennant told Radford.

The 37-year-old was sentenced to four months in jail. The sentence was suspended on the condition she is of good behaviour for the next three years.

hmmm $28,000 fucking ATO pricks I think its fair enough too a levy income tax on such earning but expense should also be deductible IMO it sounds though it was her financial situatiion that caused her to go into to dealing so why do that to people in an already bad financial situation

mad im from burnie, i dont think i know her though, tassie cops and courts are a joke copared to the mainland they see small things as huge. again this is not the first person ive hard of in the area selling to undercover cops more than once either, they eem to be doing that at the moment, they come back multiple times some what scary realy

well thank god such an incredibly sinister & blood curdlingly horrible criminal has been brought to justice. the world is a much better place now the scurge of the streets of burnie has been taken down. thank god the children are now safe.

In America that lady would have had her Cannabis confiscated, spent a few weeks in jail and then been on probation for a little while.

Oz is nuts.

She made about $250 a week from her dealing.
"You gave little thought to the harm drugs cause in the community," Justice Shan Tennant told Radford.

What an arsehole.

$250 a week is $13000 a year... I always thought that the cops always overinflated numbers but now i'm starting to think that they are just shit at maths. Here are some recent examples...

20 cups of coffe in a pill http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=22371

$6000 ozs of weed http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=22344

$1000 kgs of kava http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=22197

I'm sure that this bust put a major dent in the tasmanian drug trade. I hope that none of the brave officers invloved were hurt in the raid, these cartel leaders are known to live in heavily armed fortresses protected by men with machine guns.

when i was a bit younger & stupider my car got searched by cops when i was travelling. (apart from some acid, which is another story) all they found was a bag of shitty kiff which was mostly old dry stems & some really poor quality leaf. the total amount of thc would have amounted to not even one cone of half decent bud...seriously. well they took me to the station interviewed me & locked me up & while they were interviewing me they weighed the bag of kiff in front of me. get this... it was mostly stems with a very small amount of leaf & a NEARLY FULL BOX OF MATCHES in the bag & they weighed the lot! when i tried to speak up they told me to shut up & i couldn't stop them for recording the total weight as nearly an ounce. so about half a gram of pretty well un-smokable leaf was put on my record as nearly an ounce of high grade chronic bud!

the insanity of the world we live in is hilarious :lol::lol: hahahahahahahahmmmmmmmmmm.......... :unsure::angry:

"I & I know that all the youth will witness the day that babylon shall fall!"

amen to that