The Corroboree
Robert

What kind of music do you like best for...?

I have a nice 16 inch frame drum and a jaw harp, and like to do overtone chanting... I find these things enhance my journeys very nicely :) I like to get a couple of people together and play around.

Dick De Ruiter - His cd has some of the most lovely throat singing and harmonic tracks Ive had the pleasure of listening to

Opiou and spoonbill - two local electronic artists who have some lovely aural explorations.

opiuo triple j set available for free download here you just have to sign up first

The volta seems like good idea. . .

until hairy tentacles reach down from the ceiling sprouting horns, and that lamp next to you tries to steal from your brain by shooting lasers through your skull, you then fight your way out a labyrinth of blankets spill that bucket of water that seemed like such a good thing to have around and run out into public where people claw at you with their eyes. You then go home and soothe yourself with some hendrix and colours ripple to the music.

I can't get enough of The Mars Volta in altered states. I usually play their DVD at some point in the night/day... an example (music slightly different from album song for the purpose of why we watch the DVD)...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFS9nllaXY&feature=relatedps I'll eat your hat if those guys don't eat copious amounts of acid. Tool with added Alex Grey DMT space dudes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXBCdt5IPgShpongle too, Queens Of The Stone Age, Ween's Quebec album, Hendrix, Led Zep, Cream, Funkadelic, The Doors, Radiohead, Porcupine Tree (esp Voyage 34), Pink Floyd...

Edited by FancyPants

woah :blink:

following the last link, film clip for tool - vicarious

for some reason i never saw the bit that goes into the alex grey painting. i'd call it lsd space but that's me. it is a deep image whatever inspired it.

anyway, having seen the entire film clip now, arrrrgh, i can't even put words, amazing, so deep, so much to ponder

Yeah the volta are great in any state, although they always seem to leave me altered, seen them 5 times. Met their saxman, nice dude. Only the best drummers for these guys as well, pridgeon was insane.

Dub is good for. . .

Check out defacto voltaheads

Oh dude, Tool do it for me big time. LOL unintended pun. Listening to their Aenima album you can hear the progression from their opiate use days and now they're hitting the psychedelics. Rosetta Stoned is a GREAT song about hallucinating but you'll probably need lyrics to understand half of what's being said. I'm not one of the dickhead Tool fanatics.

It's funny I posted that Ween album Quebec, and I didn't even realise until someone posted here that the CD itself looks like a peyote from above lol.

Edit: Oh man, one of my friends who is a professional photographer shared spliffs with MV at BDO backstage while someone else were playing (can't remember who). I'm insanely jealous, Cedric is a GOD drool2.gif

Edited by FancyPants

tool - lateralus album

daft punk - homework

dead can dance - toward the within

clan analoge mixed cds from around 04 - 05 i think it was (beat and squelch series)

other stuff. Sometimes music seems shallow and wrong, other times i love it. I love to dance it's kinda my thing, sometimes it feels like a power :)

edit: ThunderIdeal.. yeah, that filmclip is amazing. The end gives me tingles every time I see it.

Edited by meanies

the end is nuts

oh, and dark psytrance (including some stuff that not everyone would call dark) is where its at for me. something about it i can't describe, but the things it does to a tripping mind are wild.

^ Yeah same.. Particularly the minimal dark psy works wonders.. But if I really wanna crack my skull open and experience some next level shit, some fucked up breakcore/breaksy/glitchy shit is awesome.