gomaos

rivea corymbosa experiences?

this is what confuses me about rivea!

from Plants of the Gods

Thirteen seeds are usually ground

up and drunk with water or in an alcoholic

beverage. Intoxication rapidly begins

and leads to visual hallucinations.

13? if that is true, preparation MUST be the key, cause i aint seen anything close to that claim!

Wasn't it Schultes' orginal report that mentioned 'the amount of seeds containded in the palm of ones hand'? This would be more than the 13 seeds mentioned in Plants of the Gods. And Hofmans article 'Teonanácatl and Ololiuqui, two ancient magic drugs of Mexico' mentions Osmond's expermiments where he took "60 to 100 Rivea seeds... passed into a state of apathy and listlessness accompanied by increased visual sensitivity."

Very odd that they would give 13 seeds as a visual dosage, given they would be more than aware of these reports.

Perhaps due to the potency of a later batch, or confusion with HBWR, not likely.

MFOAF seems to have an imunity to ololiuhqui. So far he has had 33, 50, 95 seeds a week apart and still has not experienced anything close to some of the descriptions written here. They come from two different grower's and it is believed they are fresh but unless you grow them yourself you never really know. The first hour or so is spent trying to stay awake as they seem to make him tired at first. Slowly a sense of alertness begins to creep in, music will start to sound good but thats it.

He does have a high tolerence for most things which makes most things expensive

He has some in the ground now so he will be giving those a try when they seed. He has also got some HBWR going now so he looks forward to that experience somewhere down the track.

How is your foaf preparing the seeds. They work best for SWIM when they are ground to a very fine powder and steeped in water for several hours.

If this is what your foaf is doing and its not working, perhaps they should give the conversion to LSH a go. Its on this forum and others. A quick run-down is to grind the seeds finely, and steep in cold strong perpermint tea with a small abount of alcohol. Other methods are to use peppermint oil in water plus alcohol or sherry on its own. This apparenly converts some LSA to the more potent and closer to LSD in effect, LSH. Good idea to start low again with the seeds as this conversion can be very effective.

Wasn't it Schultes' orginal report that mentioned 'the amount of seeds containded in the palm of ones hand'? This would be more than the 13 seeds mentioned in Plants of the Gods. And Hofmans article 'Teonanácatl and Ololiuqui, two ancient magic drugs of Mexico' mentions Osmond's expermiments where he took "60 to 100 Rivea seeds... passed into a state of apathy and listlessness accompanied by increased visual sensitivity."

Very odd that they would give 13 seeds as a visual dosage, given they would be more than aware of these reports.

Perhaps due to the potency of a later batch, or confusion with HBWR, not likely.

How is your foaf preparing the seeds. They work best for SWIM when they are ground to a very fine powder and steeped in water for several hours.

If this is what your foaf is doing and its not working, perhaps they should give the conversion to LSH a go. Its on this forum and others. A quick run-down is to grind the seeds finely, and steep in cold strong perpermint tea with a small abount of alcohol. Other methods are to use peppermint oil in water plus alcohol or sherry on its own. This apparenly converts some LSA to the more potent and closer to LSD in effect, LSH. Good idea to start low again with the seeds as this conversion can be very effective.

That is exactly how he prepared them, ground to a powder in a coffee grinder and soaked in cold water for 2-4 hours.

He stills his own spirits as well. Last batch came off at 78% proof. Would that be ok to use?

Now I got to plant some peppermint for him. :lol:

The homemade spirits will work, only a very small amount of alcohol is needed. Peppermint tea from the supermarket is ok to use. I'd put two tea bags into a cup and cover with hot distilled water, plus 1/4 to 1/2 shot of spirits, preferably something 'white'. This would be enough solution for around 100 seeds.

Some other problems could be grinding the seeds for too long in the grinder, generating heat that breaks down the goodies, not very likey though. Or using tap water instead of R.O., distilled or de-ionised water, but I don't think your foaf would be making this mistake. Maybe just crappy seeds.

The first hour or so is spent trying to stay awake as they seem to make him tired at first. Slowly a sense of alertness begins to creep in, music will start to sound good but thats it. :BANGHEAD2:

My friend likes to eat the seeds, then lays in bed for a nana nap with the alarm set to around an hour - hour and a half later. Wakes up bright and dandy with the window blinds moving with no breeze to be felt.

MFOAF seems to have an imunity to ololiuhqui. So far he has had 33, 50, 95 seeds a week apart and still has not experienced anything close to some of the descriptions written here. They come from two different grower's and it is believed they are fresh but unless you grow them yourself you never really know. The first hour or so is spent trying to stay awake as they seem to make him tired at first. Slowly a sense of alertness begins to creep in, music will start to sound good but thats it. :BANGHEAD2:

He does have a high tolerence for most things which makes most things expensive :lol:

He has some in the ground now so he will be giving those a try when they seed. He has also got some HBWR going now so he looks forward to that experience somewhere down the track. :drool2:

95 is not much IME. I would suggest that next time your friend gets a batch, he tries 100 or so to make sure it is not a mega strong batch, and if 100 doesn't do much, he can assume his tolerance wasn't affected much, and probably won't have to wait long to try again, and then I would suggest trying 200 or so. There seems to be a bit of a threshold, where suddenly it starts doing what it should. That is, if 100 is barely noticable, 200 might be quite effective. Don't expect to feel it properly until after about 3 hours. The first three hours MAY feel similar on 300 as it does on 50, although I would expect to be much drowsier on the higher dose. At the three hour mark, your friend will know whether he has had enough or not.

I would suggest he avoids HBWR. An extremely similar experience can be had from Rivea, and the pricing is usually not much different. If he is in an area where HBWR sets seed, I would expect Rivea to do well too, although someone who actually DOES live in an area where they set seed may want to comment on that. I don't enjoy HBWR because of the pain, and I don't feel that it is safe.

250 made me sicker than anything! like really really sore painful puking. afterwards felt good but laying in a puddle of sweat and puking and dry heaving for 1 hour straight is so tiring, sleep happened immediately after lol. its the first time anything of the sort happened to me with rivea, although admittedly prior to this the largest dose was 200.

Alkonost, so why do you think they mention this 13 seed count? plants of the gods is more recent than any of the other reports by them, so i would assume it would be more "accurate" as far as their accounts....which is why i dont get it.....

Edited by kadakuda

kadakuda, I don't get it either.

I said it might have something to do with the potency of a more recent batch or some confusion with Argyreia nervosa but thats just wild speculation. With the ergo alkaloids being produced by a symbiotic fungus and not the plant itself there is a huge range of possible concentrations in the seeds. Maybe its like you said and preperation is the key.

Do they say how the rivea is prepared and consumed in Plants of the Gods? Maybe they used the traditional method using saliva to extract for 24 hours which doesnt seem to be used very often by modern experimenters. Perhaps there is some sort of enzymatic action occuring with the saliva making for a more potent preperation.

edit: "Thirteen seeds are usually ground up and drunk with water or in an alcoholic beverage." So i guess the saliva has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Alkonost

all my recent experiments are from seeds right off the plant, sometimes dried sometimes not. to be honest i see zero difference from previous years experiments with older seed that is common around vendors shops.

Alkonost: here is a larger quote from the book

Only in 1939 was identifiable material

of Turbina coryrr.zbosa collected

among the Chinantec and Zapotec of

Oaxaca, where it was cultivated for hallucinogenic use. The Chinantec name

A-mu-kia means "medicine for divination."

Thirteen seeds are usually ground

up and drunk with water or in an alcoholic

beverage. Intoxication rapidly begins

and leads to visual hallucinations.

There may be an intervening stage of

giddiness, followed by lassitude, euphoria,

and drowsiness and a somnambulistic

narcosis. The Indian may be dimly aware of what is going on and is

susceptible to suggestions. The visions

are often grotesque, portraying people

or events. The natives say that the intoxication

lasts three hours and seldom has

unpleasant aftereffects. Ololiuqui is taken

at night and, in contrast to Peyote

and the mushrooms, is administered to a

single individual alone in a quiet, secluded

place.

3 hours doesnt sound right.

there was a line i think in ref to salvia saying it was only used when shrooms or mg were not in season.would indicate use of fresh seeds.......seriously give immature seed a try.....but i think this is largely individual variation in effects for reasons unknown?my condolences to you!

t s t .

will next season, none left on the plants now. i wonder though about immature seeds. they are not easy to take out as the ovary and the seed are kind of stuck together. i wonder if people just use the whole seed/pod and if the pod may hold something?

i wonder if people just use the whole seed/pod and if the pod may hold something?

Interesting thought kada, but I think this variation must have to do with individual sensitivity [set, setting] as well as with variability within the plant...?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=78150

The unripened seed pods of the Morning Glory reveal a white, much larger, soft seed with some green in the middle of the kernel. I have found that this state of the seeds is more than twice as potent as the black dried seeds. 400 dried is similar to a little less than one hit LSD. 400 fresh is like about 2 or three hits.

t s t .

some say the alkaloid profile is different too,more stimulating mentally......

Edited by t st tantra

OK, got some quality peppermint tea from woollies, I have some 44% proof alcohol and 200 seeds. (not a new batch)

Sounds like all I need to do is boil the tea bags, let cool, grind my seeds down to a fine powder (without anything getting hot) mix it all together, let sit for a few hours, strain and ingest.

If any one thinks this is wrong, please let me know as I plan on undertaking this experiment this week sometime.

Cheers

Hutch :wink:

sorry couldnt resist.....maybe boil some water and add the tea bags....they dont boil well without water,lol......above sounds right from what i've read.....

t s t .

Foaf has advised me is thinking of taking approx 100 rivea seeds combined with stictocardia tillifollia seeds over the coming week was thinking 3-4 stricto seeds ground into rivea seed mix anyone think this will result in levels of active too high.... have been playi ng with idea that even a combo of HBWR and Rivea may make for a more pleasant experience

sorry couldnt resist.....maybe boil some water and add the tea bags....they dont boil well without water,lol......above sounds right from what i've read.....

t s t .

Ahh, so that's what I been doing wrong!!

The peppermint oil... is peppermint essential oil the same thing as using p oil? I have some in a little bottle for aromatherapy purposes but since I'm not 100% sure that it's edible even in small amounts I haven't used it yet. So is it safe to add a few drops of that into the water/seed mixture? I've tried drinking strong cups of peppermint tea and it didn't seem to do anything but I probably have to get more fresh seeds again.

I still think there is some super strain of Rivea... and I think freshness is a big factor as well.

The peppermint oil... is peppermint essential oil the same thing as using p oil? I have some in a little bottle for aromatherapy purposes but since I'm not 100% sure that it's edible even in small amounts I haven't used it yet. So is it safe to add a few drops of that into the water/seed mixture? I've tried drinking strong cups of peppermint tea and it didn't seem to do anything but I probably have to get more fresh seeds again.

i havnt tried this at all but am very interested.......so you tried the peppermint tea but didnt add any alcohol?

t s t .

I'm not a big fan of alcohol lately, but for the experiment I drank a shot of Franjelico liquer that had blue lilly flowers soaked in it overnight (quite tasty!) and a tiny bit of milk for the alcohol factor. Still didn't really get noticeable effects at 120 rivea seeds (I'm around 52kgs) and the two strong cups of peppermint tea (two bags in each cup). The seeds had been sitting around in a dark and airtight bag but they were still probably six months old. I've just ordered some more so I'll try again with fresher material. Oh and I added a bit of ginseng tincture (ethanol 450uL/ml).

sorry dont know,except those seeds should still have been fine.maybe the alcohol/seed mash/peppermint tea should have sat together for about an hour?

one thing i suspect is the development of tolerance to lsas even more than lsd.....seems often peeps get a new batch,get into them a bit then decide the seeds are loosing potency and forget about them.......returning to the seeds ,stored well,a year later and potency was as originally experienced?

t s t .

My elf is now zero hour plus 2.5 hours. 150 seeds, two tea bags of peppermint tea (yuck) and one shot of 44% proof (yum).

A little sickly in the tummy at the moment but not feeling too bad. No visuals to report.

looking forward to the 3 hour plus mark with fingers crossed. Hopefully this time I break through but I don't like my chances. :BANGHEAD2:

sorry dont know,except those seeds should still have been fine.maybe the alcohol/seed mash/peppermint tea should have sat together for about an hour?

one thing i suspect is the development of tolerance to lsas even more than lsd.....seems often peeps get a new batch,get into them a bit then decide the seeds are loosing potency and forget about them.......returning to the seeds ,stored well,a year later and potency was as originally experienced?

t s t .

The tolerance issue is definitely something I've noticed. Failed to notice however, that last time I had the riveas and they didn't work... Stupid me forgot the long weekend of 'cid :rolleyes: I don't work so long weekends really put me in a spin.

I'll try leaving it all together in a mash next time too. In the fridge, covered with foil or something.