The Corroboree
gomaos

kratom plants taken by police

One of my best friends, yes i call him a friend, I may not be HIS best friend, but he's certainly one of my best friends,

got busted 3 weeks ago.

They found small amounts of nasty substances, namely some...amines, plus some equipment...

BUT they also went through his plants, he had some kratom trees, and a couple of novos...

they might charge him with coca leaf production...

they also got in a herbalist to identify other plants.

They said "Khat will be illegal soon..."

"In 2 years ALL these plants will be illegal'

I only heard the story today, so I don't know exactly if they took anything else...

this is very creepy...

i think they also took a caapi plant...

I hadn't seen him since the bust and notice the big difference

he is now totally reformed, takes NOTHING

totally sober, totally hyper-active...

they took him through the works...

when I watch him "1984" comes to mind

fuck what is the world coming to....

he is a great guy, didn't do it for money, actually most of the time he was almost as broke as I am (well not quite that bad)

his other friends told me that he always gave them stuff almost for free

of course not me I never touch that shit, all I ever have is the occasional cannabis (overseas of course, in Bali for example)

he's got a lawyer, I hope it's all right that I post this here, I did mention it to him he wasn't very clear on it.

What shakes me how he changed;

on the surface he still appears happy, well as happy as circumstances allow, but I can feel he has been deeply hurt inside...

he's not the youngest, I'm worried about him...

can't think of anything else now...

perhaps this explains a little why it's driving me up the wall being accused of being a police snitch.

If Torsten were to come to Mt Cootha on sunday perhaps he could have a talk

Perhaps he could also ask the guy about what he thinks of me and if I would dob people in.

There have been heaps of busts in brisbane lately, anyone could be next.

DAMN POLICE STATE!

I don't think I can make it to brisi on sunday, but might try to pop by later in the week gom.

Which state was this bust in? how many plants?

yes, the cops know what novo plants look like as they grow them at the training centre. I am surprised they also know about kratom. but yeah, have been warning people about this for years.

what state?

queensland: police state...

how many kratom plants?

will ask

queensland has no specific legislation against kratom in any form. This means they are using the scenario I originally warned about several years ago (and was ridiculed by mulga and a few others) of the automatic implementation of the federal schedules (SUSDP) into the state schedules. My first example of this was the way the schedules interact in regards to salvia and I still have about 100 emails from various people (incl police officers and lawyers) who told me I was wrong. Seems I got it right after all (see my original statement in the salvia info pages).

Most states have this automatic implementation written into their drug acts, so now we have practical proof that this is indeed how the law is applied.

Please note that this means that you have to read the federal schedules as well as the respective state schedules to actually make up the full schedule for each state.

The good news is that this should also mean that the appendices apply the same way. ie, if an item is listed in the SUSDP, but not in the federal schedule then it is prohibited in that state. however, the federal schedule has exemption appendices which means that if an item falls under an SUSDP exemption then it is technically not in the SUSDP schedule and hence not illegal.

yes, the cops know what novo plants look like as they grow them at the training centre.

Torsten,

Do you know if these 'training centres' also grow/describe the legal plants that SAB sell? Would the average cop get suspicious if they saw a garden full of legal ethno plants? What else do they grow, salvia? Ephedras?

I must admit that I was under the mistaken impression that because these plants are not well known in the general community, the average cop would not know either...obviously I am dead wrong. :(

I was only aware of them growing coca, poppies and cannabis in the training facility, but I don't see why they wouldn't also add any new scheduled plants.

Keep in mind that there are only 5 scheduled species in most states (6 in SA). That's the classic 3 above, plus salvia and kratom. In SA it also includes catha.

All other plants are legal unless it can be shown that they were grown for the manufacture of illegal drugs. Hence, if you are growing 100 pedros you might want to also keep a lot of info around on pedro fruit uses or run a seed business selling the seeds produced by the plants.

Proving the intent to manufacture drugs from plants is not easy, which is why it is rarely done.

Thanks for that Torsten. It is sure is great to have someone so knowledgeable about these topics, who is willing to take their time to share the info. :)

I was only aware of them growing coca, poppies and cannabis in the training facility

Torsten do you know how long they have been doing this?

The reason I ask is 83-84 I was witness to the funniest site ever,

a friend was busted for cannabis plants and the sargeant was telling his men to not damage the flowers in the garden as they waded through waist high poppies, in flower, to get to the cannabis behind.

He actually said he didnt want this guy getting away with anything cos we(police) destroyed his garden.

It was all I could do to not piss my self in front of them,and I couldnt leave as I was there when the bust went down so was" asked to stick around"

training facilities have been growing these for many years, however, the only 100% confirmation I have is about the victorian facility from about the early or mid 90's to the early naughties. I would assume they weren't growing them for that long before then cos stories like yours are not uncommon from the 80's and before. Also, most cops aren't boanically minded, so I doubt thats eeing the plant in real life once or twice will really leave them with the skill to ID them a decade or two down the track when the knowledge might be required. Most cops don't even have HSC, so we can't expect too much from them in terms of botanical skills :rolleyes:

see here:

http://usmjparty.blogspot.com/2005/01/suit...yed-plants.html

Wow. Firstly I never knew Catha Edulis was illegal in SA!!!!!!! If so, why is it in SA and not other states? Secondly I never ever knew about these training centres. What do they do with the plants when they get mature? How secure are they? Have there been leaves/pods going missing at any time? So are Kratoms being grown in the training centres now?? I also did not ever imagine Coca would ever be in their training centres! I've never heard of a Coca plant bust in my life in Australia and never heard or seen of anyone in Australia growing the proper species of Coca either! Doesn't it need heat and humidity? And what's the latest update in their list of plants their growing? Lol, wouldn't it be funny if they had huge mature crested lophs, Super Skunk 2 metre high MJ plants with massive buds, Strain 4 varietes of Khat, Thick vines of Caapi growing up trees, Huge P Viridis forrests and mature Chaliponga specimens and 2 metre high mature Sally plants next to Kratoms!!!! Hahahaha. (sings) Ooooooo Heaven is a place on earth :wink::lol:

Edited by SaBReT00tH

do they learn how to smoke bongs in these training centres to? makes you wonder

i honestly don't see what is wrong with a coca plant if someone isn't making cocaine with it. Like in south america they chew the leaves daily just like most westerners drink coffee with no adverse effects. If anything chewing a few of the leaves has positive effects such as reducing fatigue and allowing you to work more effeciently.

do they learn how to smoke bongs in these training centres to? makes you wonder

i honestly don't see what is wrong with a coca plant if someone isn't making cocaine with it. Like in south america they chew the leaves daily just like most westerners drink coffee with no adverse effects. If anything chewing a few of the leaves has positive effects such as reducing fatigue and allowing you to work more effeciently.

Yeah, and growing sum nice mango bud, just for the nice purfume it has in the garden. :P

Yes for perfume maybe if you wish, but i much prefer the aroma of a good kava plant ;)

Visited the guy the other day, the guy who got busted...

He's still totally reformed, doesn't even want to talk about drugs.

I noticed that his large woodrose vine which used to cover the whole front of the house and veranda, had disappeared, been cut off.

I asked him what happened.

"Oh, the cops made me cut it off because it's illegal!"

"What, woodrose illegal? Bullshit, it's not!"

"Well they said it's illegal, and I said i didn't know.

They said that didn't matter it's up to the grower/owner of the plant to find out if they're illegal."

So WTF?

Woodrose illegal?

in Qld it is a declared weed I think, so it can be killed for that reason. The plant itself is not illegal under any drug law though.

Because its illegal to have plants that are weeds... like its illegal to have tulapia. Just guess though.

Because its illegal to have plants that are weeds... like its illegal to have tulapia. Just guess though.

What's tulapia?

But no, it's not illegal to have plants that are weeds, unless they are declared weeds, but even then it's not something cops are generally interested in or knowledgable about.

What's tulapia?

I beleive the spelling is inncorrct, but it's a fish species. Obviously with feral potantial judging by marks comment.

I beleive the spelling is inncorrct, but it's a fish species. Obviously with feral potantial judging by marks comment.

It's "tilapia" and there are many species of this fish type. All have the property of looking after their young unlike many other fish who simply spawn and forget. The species in Australia is an African mouthbrooding type - the one that looks after the 'fry' in its mouth.

They're exploited as food in some parts of Asia where they've been introduced. But like the European carp they are not exactly desirable as a table fish when you have ready access to ocean species like we do in coastal Australia.

It's "tilapia" and there are many species of this fish type. All have the property of looking after their young unlike many other fish who simply spawn and forget. The species in Australia is an African mouthbrooding type - the one that looks after the 'fry' in its mouth.

They're exploited as food in some parts of Asia where they've been introduced. But like the European carp they are not exactly desirable as a table fish when you have ready access to ocean species like we do in coastal Australia.

Ahh yes, I remember now. They are naturalized in the Gasgoyne river(Carnarvon) apparently.

Ahh yes, I remember now. They are naturalized in the Gasgoyne river(Carnarvon) apparently.

mozambique-tilapia.jpg

its a cultural prejudice of ours

The chinese prefer river fish over oceanfish in contrast to us

Carp is immensely popular in asia, the middle east and europe

as an eating fish theres nothing wrong with it if you know how to remove the floating bones and cook it right.

as with eating squid, mussels, deer, eels, roe and goats it is plain to see that in 5 to 10 years aussies will eat carp too

once they are shown how

-its already been featured on a recent TV cooking show

Tillapia is not far behind carp

the oreochromus mossambicus is not a good fish as it breeds incessntly and so they stunt in ponds

T niloticus and the other species up in queenland are far better and hybrids between them and O mossambicus = even better

some hybrids show colour by sex and so are easy to grade into ponds of single sex upon which they reach table size and are good eating

i wouldnt recommend spreading them but by all means learn to eat them

naja they are alos very common in the chapman river that goes by geraldton

i dont think they could live in the swan but in time they may adapt to lower temps just as marron adpeted to higher temps in the hutt river, and rainbow trout in the SW streams

Edited by Rev