The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
AndyAmine.

2006 ANNUAL CACTUS & SUCCULENT SHOW

Listen up S.E.QLD'ers the 2006 ANNUAL CACTUS & SUCCULENT SHOW is comming up!

Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens Auditorium, Brisbane, Queensland

Saturday 10th June 2006: 8.00am - 4.30pm

Sunday 11th June 2006: 9.00am - 3.00pm

http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~cssq/combined-show.html

I suggest we have a group meet up at the show? Who's keen?

Great idea andy

I'm in :)

'ken oath looking forward to finally meeting you

i am so there...

I was there last year...... the display was awesome...... I've never seen soooo many cacti in one place ever.......!!!!!!!........... just got there pretty late on the Sunday...... so there wasn't anything of interest on sale....... must have all sold out.......!!!!!!!

Here some pics I took......!!!!

post-609-1142838561_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838591_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838627_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838654_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838678_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838705_thumb.jpg

post-609-1142838737_thumb.jpg

im definately there!!

sounds rippa :)

Awesome idea. Count me in. Will be great to put faces to user IDs.

Bringing camera and money!

Thanks for posting, AndyAmine.

NP.

P.S. That falls around exam/assignment rush-hour for me... so I might, *might* not make it after all. Just in case you're seriously gauging definate numbers. That said, it would take a lot for me miss something like this; I was just searching the forum for the next Brisbane EB meet... I went in Nov '05 and I don't think I've ever learnt so much, nor been so inspired horticulturally, in such a short period of time.

Could be a good meetup after EGA weekend before.

Comin' with ma' lady to diversify the collection and

meet the peeps! C U there!

So make it the sunday like usual? I could make either, but im putting forward sunday. If anyone who would like to go but cant make it sunday and can make it sat or vice versa say so here.

I might even bring a few bottle of my home made pinot noir ala ftp 2006 vintage to share with those who show up early/on time/late/ unconscious

Cant wait to have another meeting yeah!

Im going to be going on the Saturday, want to get in early! But if sunday is the day everyone wants to meet up ill go both days :)

Im looking forward to seeing you all there.. Im going to try and make it both days.

Is there any meeting points that can be suggested, Ive never been there before.

I dont know where they are going to set everything up. I guess near the cacti section eh? :rolleyes: How about where the meetings were? In the cafe area? Im sure we wont have trouble finding eachother...

do they secure the cacti at all?? I was expecting a large metal cage or behind glass or something but from the looks of the pics people can walk right up to them! What's to stop someone from stealing a triple headed 30 year old Loph or Ariocarpus? or even some hippie breaking off a tip of a Pachanoi and pocketing it in a bag??

Edited by SaBReT00tH

Maybe it would be better to all meet up on saturday, the pickings will be better and everyone seems to be able to make it then anyways. Plus we save the travel...

Alice; we usually meet just out the front of the cafe nearer the carpark. Either on the stairs or near the entrance to the gardens.

Im planning on getting there at about 12:00pm on Saturday, so I suggest we all meet up at 1:00-1:30pm in the Cafe area. Should be a great day but dont go buying all the good specimens :devil: there mine you hear me, mine! ^_^

Edited by AndyAmine.

if all goes to plan i should be down there on saturday morning, hopefully i can pick out a group of ethno-heads easily enough from the crowd :P will be good to meet with some more of the brissie crew...and perve on some beautiful cacti :wub:

Well ill go there at 12 and then also at one for a couple of minutes. ill be the one with the wine bottle :wave- :saufen2:

(front steps of cafe)

are there any directions on how to get to the botanic gardens??ive only ever driven through brisbane.

any help would be appreciated.

planning to get up there first thing sat morn with the fam.

sounds good :) I will be going to check it out on saturday as well. Probably late morning, just before lunch.

When you get to brissy the quickest way is along Milton rd. Just keep following that until it says to turn to mount coot-tha (right turn). Its fairly strait forward to get unto Milton rd if you are going down the motorway/highway from south.

more detailed directions when i find where the refidex is

Edited by Prophet

I'll try to be there as early as possible, Doubt it will be opeing time but the earlier the better...

*drool* I'm green and spiny with envy

Oh me too.. wish i could go. I have to work from 2.00pm onwards. Will anybody be still be going on sunday??

The easiest way is to go along Coronation drive after you come off the pacific hwy which is basicically strait ahead (ie pacific hwy turns into coronation drive). Keep going along coronation dr past wesley hospital. When you get to Toowong shopping village turn right into High St and then right again unto Sherwood rd. Go along sherwood rd which curves right into Dean St. Keep going along Dean st till you get to the FWY and turn left at FWY then move over into the right lane and turn first right into mount Coot-tha rd. You need to move over into the right lane quite quickly. Entrance to gardens will be on your left along Mt coot-tha rd.

Alternatively you can go along Milton rd and turn right after the last roundabout. Go past the roundabout at the end of Milton rd and then move over into right lane and take first right into Mt Coot-tha rd when you get unto the FWY.

Hope this helps some people. Might be a good idea to have a look at a refidex if you have one yourself.