The Corroboree

I thought I might put up a thread with a link to some of my music, these tracks where written around the time I started getting into ethnobotanics and are inspired by them.

mp3.com.au/prier

I write electronic music in many genres. The tracks that are in the link are some breakbeat/psy (allthoug lots of people disagree) stuff that i wrote in 2004 using Orion and some native instruments bits and pieces.

Enjoy.

Edited by prier

good to see so much creativity happening. everyones posting music.

yeah this stuff is pretty dope.

basslines is sweet and everything.

i would add another layer over the top though. some higher pitched complementing melody.

those are still nice tracks though.

thanks for the feedback. that was quick, even on some music forums i frequent i don't get feeback that quick.

yeah it's good to see people showing off there creativity, i'll have to put up a visual art piece once i finish one.

i'd like to be able to listen to other peoples music too but at the moment it's just not possible (the only internet use i get at the moment is at the library and using my dads dial up connection)

We obviously have a few people with quite a talent for music here. Maybe we should think about an online collaboration. One person can post a chord progression, and people add their beats to it and we get a vote on the best. Then we add melody to that, and again people vote etc. Finally, we could all try remixing and see what's gets the most votes. Just a thought.

-Zac

I've just gotten halfway through 'Believe' and already I love it!

Great work Prier. :D

I seem to only be able to stream it, can I download or buy this music anywhere?

benzito. you should be able to download it from that websight if not pm me your mailing adress and i'll mail you a cd.

ballzac. i'd love to do some remix work, or have some one remix my stuff if anyone is interested. Do a swap of sounds and midi files or something along those lines.

im keen for collab

i will upload some of my tracks tomorrow

nice stuff mate, the tracks have an oldskool chemical brothers feel to them :)

I like the way the tempo is somewhere between breakbeat and drum and bass.

Let us know when you put an album out

ballzac. i'd love to do some remix work, or have some one remix my stuff if anyone is interested. Do a swap of sounds and midi files or something along those lines.

I tell you what. I'll work on some individual basslines and synth lines etc, upload them, and see what you or other people do with them.

Prier - had a listen, good work. The bass parts are quite driving but dont change too much - I didn't feel like it took me on a journey anywhere. You could experiment with some sweeping eq filters or phasing to make it more dynamic. Also another layer of higher pitched sounds or timbres as already suggested would work as might a few more samples or accent sounds to tell the narrative.

Cheers and if you need orginal guitar parts or samples Im all for collaboration!

I added another track about a week ago.

It's a very different to the previous stuff I posted about. This one is a down tempo experimental piece.

It is my most recent work. Enjoy.

Prier's Music

I liked the first 30 seconds of believe - quite nice - very Concord Dawn. If it were me i would have fucked around with the drum sample - chucked in heaps of breakbeat cutups - i would have kept with the vibe of the first 30 seconds -

Did u use Cubase?

I much preferred the second track - the intro was a little weird but i loved a lot of what you did with the drum track - id love to know what plugins you used for some of those aphex twin-style drum filters and tinny sounds.

Keep them coming mate.

Edited by bluemeanie

Anyone is welcome to do a remix of my track - Sacred Cow - let me know if you want the samples/plugins etc. The wav file can be downloaded below on the link in my signature.

Did u use Cubase?

I much preferred the second track - the intro was a little weird but i loved a lot of what you did with the drum track - id love to know what plugins you used for some of those aphex twin-style drum filters and tinny sounds.

For the tracks Believe and Prevent the Illness I was using a program called Orion with a few Native Instruments VSTi's and for the track of Lost Children it was written entirely with reason 3 believe it or not. All the effects are just basic Reason effects nothing special, I just played around with them all for a long time.

Really - ive never used that - maybe i should. All in all it was a very nice drum arrangement.

I've gotten my creative side back again since I started smoking.

Over the last two weeks I've bee writing a glitchy drum and bass track, I'd love some feedback as I'm not quite sure where to take it next.

Enjoy.

prier___daytrippin__.mp3

prier___daytrippin__.mp3

prier___daytrippin__.mp3