The Corroboree
botanika

dry or boiled

YT- "slower more drawn out experience from the caps..." Extactly. And according to said south american, smoother up and down, as well.

Boil and strain 3x (2x if lazy), combine liquid, boil down rapidly, lower the temp when it starts to get darker... boil it down until for each 30cmx10cm piece of Pachanoi you have about 3 full shot glasses, pour it all into a jar and let it sit for a week in the fridge. Siphon off the good stuff, leaving the light residue, then repeat process as often as desired. I recommend doing this at least three times, and for an even better product freeze really cold and thaw (with jar lid loosened slightly) a few times as well.

This is a bit of extra work, but its really just a matter of leaving it sitting there most of the time, and popping it in and out of the freezer when you think of it. You will be left with a very smooth dark liquid, literally three shotglasses spaced out by 15 minutes each and its over... much easier than all that messing around with filling and then swallowing capsules, and greatly reduced nausea the more you allow the crap to settle out.

I know this has all been said before, but I can't stress two things enough: get the liquid as low as possible (3 shot glasses per dose) and allow plenty of time for the purification stage, these make it so much less stressful... I don't know about a more drawn out exp from caps because I've never tried it, and I doubt I ever will (I might try tst tantra's drying method there though) but the 10 hour intensity this stuff delivers is almost too much as it is.

*EDIT* tst, that methid you mentioned just above, do you mean dry the liquid beyond tar point and then grind to powder? Does this bypass the allegedly horrible effects of the tar? I have heard of people trying the tar and having a very unpleasant time, so never risked it, but your idea seems like a good soultion.

Edited by IllegalBrain

yes totally dry the ext then wiz in coffee grinder.

couldnt beleive how smooth it was with the ginger/lime cordial,had a few slight short periods of nausea late in the night as it moved through my tract ,lol.but going up was sooo smooooth!

t s t .

Choosing between dry or boiled is like choosing between herpes and syfilis.

Dry = hours of nausea and abdominal pain.

Boiled = hours of nausea and abdominal pain + the taste is horrible.

My two favorites are:

1. fresh in the blender with grapefruit juice = hardly any nausea & abdominal pain + mild taste, goes down real easy.

2. chopped fine slices and left in vodka and grapefruit juice 8-12 hours= hardly any nausea & abdominal pain + the taste is not that bad.

first both are stripped of waxy outer skin and spines of course. ;)

I've never understood why people ignore the fact that those who've had the most experience with Trichocereus, this being the curanderos of Peru, do not eat fresh matter, do not eat dried matter, whether in chips, like cukes, or powdered mixed with juice, neither do they freeze the plant or put it through a blender. They simply cut it in thin star sections and boil. This technique doesn't create a brew that is thick or more difficult to ingest than a stout beer, in fact a pasta collinder is good enough for straining. This method appears to produce the least stomach discomfort, and though you may not be able to suck the biomass completely free of every single last drop of precious alkaloid, is still a viable, simple, and time proven method that would only seem to be contraindicated if you have so little plant matter that it matters (in which case I would suggest waiting or else you may waste what you have when if fails to provide you what you wanted).

Though I am aware of people having hours of nausea and cramps from eating the plant itself (somewhat common from what I've gathered), and even from the blended and boiled plant matter, I haven't heard this from those who simply boiled the fresh or dried star chips and strained in a collinder. I nice light rolling boil in plenty of water to draw out the alkaloids fully can be worked down to a medium glass full of a slightly viscous but not too slimey cactus "juice" that can be "slammed" without any trouble. This method may cause some stomach upset within the first hour or two, and some may even throw up, but the pain quickly recedes by the time the full effects come on.

Oh, and in useing this simple technique there appears to be no need to remove any skin layer (laughable in my estimation, not to mention time consumming), or even to remove the spines on the common garden variety "T. pachanoi" whose small spines usually stay on the star chips or else soften so much in a boil that even if they had fallen off are negligible in the end.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

~Michael~

edit to correct a couple spelling mistakes...I'm so anal.

Edited by M S Smith

I think peeling, cutting away only the outer green flesh, drying it and then gently boiling is by far the best way.

tst, how do you get a boiled solution down to a dried state without it just becoming a sticky tar like resin?

Do you add a dried powder like glucose to the tar when you grind it?

Im confused?

dry as much as possible ,air dry a couple days,when no longer tacky,scrape and allow to air dry fully........looking 4 a better method.

i agree with mss.......chunks best,no need to skin,no need to despine......heard similar said for aya,chunks give a cleaner brew.........finer proccessing gives many times more crap in order to get the last 5 to 10%!

t s t .

I've never understood why people ignore the fact that those who've had the most experience with Trichocereus, this being the curanderos of Peru, do not eat fresh matter, do not eat dried matter, whether in chips, like cukes, or powdered mixed with juice, neither do they freeze the plant or put it through a blender. They simply cut it in thin star sections and boil. This technique doesn't create a brew that is thick or more difficult to ingest than a stout beer, in fact a pasta collinder is good enough for straining. This method appears to produce the least stomach discomfort, and though you may not be able to suck the biomass completely free of every single last drop of precious alkaloid, is still a viable, simple, and time proven method that would only seem to be contraindicated if you have so little plant matter that it matters (in which case I would suggest waiting or else you may waste what you have when if fails to provide you what you wanted).

Though I am aware of people having hours of nausea and cramps from eating the plant itself (somewhat common from what I've gathered), and even from the blended and boiled plant matter, I haven't heard this from those who simply boiled the fresh or dried star chips and strained in a collinder. I nice light rolling boil in plenty of water to draw out the alkaloids fully can be worked down to a medium glass full of a slightly viscous but not too slimey cactus "juice" that can be "slammed" without any trouble. This method may cause some stomach upset within the first hour or two, and some may even throw up, but the pain quickly recedes by the time the full effects come on.

Oh, and in useing this simple technique there appears to be no need to remove any skin layer (laughable in my estimation, not to mention time consumming), or even to remove the spines on the common garden variety "T. pachanoi" whose small spines usually stay on the star chips or else soften so much in a boil that even if they had fallen off are negligible in the end.

Anyhow, that's my two cents.

~Michael~

edit to correct a couple spelling mistakes...I'm so anal.

I can't understand why my Argentinian friend's preparation didn't go well? She dried a bit, froze a bit, boiled a bit, took the spines and skin and as much white/light green gunk from it and ate around 40gs of the slimy mash and it was still barely felt. Yet this simple method as described above works? What did my friend do wrong? Was there just simply not enough material ingested? She even boiled another 40gs (friend is very careful with first time doses and doesn't like to hugely up the dose of a new method of preparation) and strained, to shaft the juice (yes ICK... apparently). Friend's cactus piece was t. peruvianus.

peruvianus is often not very strong,about 15inches per dose.......but is very clean and clear.

t s t .