The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dead-eye Dick

Cubensis spore prints.. donations ? :)

Hello good people,

I'm sorry to ask with nothing to offer in return.. and perhaps i'm in the wrong forum *sorry admin i'll move to marketplace if you like* - I'm after some p. cubensis prints for some microscopical research purposes - if there is someone who would not mind posting me one - I would be glad to do what I can for the next person when poss. oh, I have some wild canberra papaver seeds if anyone would like any out of curiosity

Thanks a bunch

its not a matter of where you posted it but rather what you posted. to the best of my knowledge they are ILLEGAL. if im wrong ill stand corrected but im certain they are. i wont speak for everyone but most here frown apon breaking the law by growing shroms.

but i am a tight ass!

Edited by Amulte

to the best of my knowledge they are ILLEGAL. if im wrong ill stand corrected but im certain they are.

You're wrong. Spores do not contain any scheduled substances and are therefore entirely legal as long as they are not intended for cultivation (and perhaps even then, only cultivation for consumption). Our new friend Mr Dick specified he was interested in them for microscopy purposes only which is entirely valid and legal. I think we should be congratulating him for making a well considered first post.

especially for your first post well done Dead eye Dick.

I'm sure if you pull up a chair and make yourself known anyone that might have a spare print will be only too happy to help out with your research.

Welcome aboard mate :)

creach is on the mark,

i have to say love the name dead eye dick. and well worded.]]

welcome aboard groover

i cant help you tho :o

i just have to say how funny this is cuz ive seen other people verbally beaten for asking the same question but about different spores.

guess the only difference here is i was the 1st to reply here, on the other it was somone more favourably renowned.

But i will atleast appoligise if i put off poor DED, i am sorry DED. but yeah, i am a tight ass :lol:

EDITED DUE TO OVER EDITING :wave-finger: ! AND I AINT BOTHERING NO MORE!

Edited by Amulte

So creach, that means there would be no legal infringement by anyone ordering prints from the Netherlands, or wherever else they sell em o/s, delivered into Oz ? Any customs & quarantine dramas ?

And welcome, Dick - if you look around the forums a little bit, there's often people offloading all manner of spores/seeds etc. Good luck with your research.

So creach, that means there would be no legal infringement by anyone ordering prints from the Netherlands, or wherever else they sell em o/s, delivered into Oz ? Any customs & quarantine dramas ?

No customs problems but possibly quarantine problems. Cubensis is a quarantine restricted import in WA so check in your state. Syringes are another matter and nearly all mushroom related busts are due to importation of syringes.

guess the only difference here is i was the 1st to reply here, on the other it was somone more favourably renowned.

Amulte it had nothing to do with the fact that it was you

The logic on this site for the entire time I have been a member has been "sporeprints are legal for microscopy purposes", and they are regularly traded for such purposes.

Thank you for the concern and well, praise on my posting :) as creach pointed out I am wanting to acquire spores for research purposes. I'm a long time reader first time poster - oh I should point out if anyone is wanting to send spore syringes they are to my knowledge illegal and I believe this was disgussed above - and above that well the print is of more knowedlgeble use for me.

While I'm on the topic of legality - are seeds of some wild papavers that grow in canberra illegal? my thinking is since seeds are sold in virtually any food shop I think not.

Jasemateau- you like the nick hey? ever read anything by Kurt Vonnegut? (sp?) I got the nick from the title of a book he wrote.

If anyone could pm me regarding prints that would be great.

oh I can also arrange a trich. bridgesii (var monstrose i believe) cutting or two for any interested parties - no need to trade, viva seed/spore/cacti rings! - Trich aura I get the feeling you might be keen - I just recently came across some exoticish giant lilly seeds (apparantely the pads are humongous by lilly standards) I don't know the exact name but I know they were found in an NT jungle, if that helps.

Amulte: No hards feelings - you're only looking out for your community I gather - respeKT! :D

Thanks again

Maybe the forum could provide some permanent links or information to relevent australian laws in the legal section so all of us new or old can ensure we are kosher. It can be confusing as different countries/states have different laws depending on whether its spores, cultures at mycelium stage, cultures at mushroom stage, dried or fresh mushrooms. If spores are legal for microscopy there should be no reason why a spore syringe is illegal, however customs and quarantine seem to dislike syringes and they may do so for other import regulation reasons. And of course one cannot accept everything noted on the internet as being gosphel or current. Best to do research from the actual Acts and be aware of how the law can be interpretted. Mycelium is a tricky one too - under international law its legal but can potentially contain the scheduled substances. Like syringes, thats where the 'intent to cultivate' law interpretation comes in...

Dead eye:Don't mind Manuell..he's from Barcelona hehe..just diggin' at our buddy Amulte :P we love ya mate :)

I think you'll find your Papavers are setigerum and not somniferum well that's what I saw growing around Calwell when I lived there anyway.Still a collectable and interesting species though and have plenty flowering atm around here too.

Botanica:I think the main reason why spore syringes domestically are a no-go(and I may be wrong)is that the spores are re-hydrated and therefore constitute some form of preparation and so would be treated as such *shrug* however "legal" species aren't a problem in the mail AFAIK.

whos Manuell? im 'Dave" man as in 'DavesNotHereMan".

Maybe the forum could provide some permanent links or information to relevent australian laws in the legal section so all of us new or old can ensure we are kosher

would be great but ive read in the past it isd too hard to keep up with

Amulte: No hards feelings - you're only looking out for your community I gather - respeKT!

yeah again im sorry man. ive had a serious bug up my arse this/last week. i think i killed it with all the venting methane. thanks for your understanding too. being a long time reader you have prolly seen my little "err thats illegal err" before, so i humbley appoligise and thank you for your understanding.

but seriously mesc who is manuell?

EDIT - i love you too mescalito oh lord over cacti and now sleep!

Edited by Amulte

about the Papavers, you can get them in a food shop cuz the seeds are a food product. but im sure, and this time im really sure, its illegal to grow the poppies. but that law is flexible. if you were a granny growin poppies for poppie day then there is generally no prblem. but if they could proove you wanted to make opium out of the poppies then that would be a different story. but then again from past experience i could be mistaken again. :lol: i guess only time will tell

:D

Edited by Amulte

Botanica:I think the main reason why spore syringes domestically are a no-go(and I may be wrong)is that the spores are re-hydrated and therefore constitute some form of preparation and so would be treated as such *shrug* however "legal" species aren't a problem in the mail AFAIK.

Mescalito: Yep I would agree with that, I dont think they are niave, and probably understand its more difficult to grow things from spores than a syringe or ready to go mycelium. Regulations are neccessary in society but they should be at least dynamic and flexible. A licencing system similar to driving or gun ownership for substances (particularly non addictive natural ones with a historical spiritual and cultural use) is what I would regard as dynamic and flexible.

DED - ahoy! welcome aboard

Mescalito: Yep I would agree with that, I dont think they are niave, and probably understand its more difficult to grow things from spores than a syringe or ready to go mycelium.

Sporeprints do have entirely legal purposes for microscopic identification purposes - it would be problematic to illegalise them per se because people could be at risk of mushroom poisoning and botanists/mycologists would have to apply for extra permits to do their work.

A spore syringe however has no particular use in microscopy - at least none that can not be acheived with a print. For this reason possession of a syringe indicates intent to cultivate.

I don't think the authorities really 'understand' anything in this case, and while naive might be a bit extreme I don't think they are well clued in to what is actually going on.

Sporeprints do have entirely legal purposes for microscopic identification purposes - it would be problematic to illegalise them per se because people could be at risk of mushroom poisoning and botanists/mycologists would have to apply for extra permits to do their work.

A spore syringe however has no particular use in microscopy - at least none that can not be acheived with a print. For this reason possession of a syringe indicates intent to cultivate.

I don't think the authorities really 'understand' anything in this case, and while naive might be a bit extreme I don't think they are well clued in to what is actually going on.

And I think we should all do our part to keep it that way!

I think an 18+ verification system for this site would be great, but problematic in retaining anonimity. Maybe a crude meathod like; just a short series of questions mainly known only by 18+ Sumthin like maybe..... how much car rego costs 6months V's 12months? Or how many points of ID u have to provide the banks to get a credit card?

Sure, they could quite easily find these Answers out, but would provide a certain amount of protection/ deterant to the underaged. Mainly, Only the enthusiastic would persist. Any1 over the age should be able to answer the Q's.

Maybe not the whole site, but maybe an archive for proven 18+ members only.

Just an idea, although probably more hassel than it's worth.

oops I dont know what happened just then with my last post above. damn computer!

Yeah I agree with you too Creach. I didn't mean they understood everything thats going on...just enough to make our lives more restricted in terms of shipping.

Maybe not the whole site, but maybe an archive for proven 18+ members only.

That would be a better idea than the whole site. Young people should have access to information and this forum community contains many responsible and intelligent people willing to guide it in the right direction (well at least from what I've seen). A decade ago when I was at uni and internet was not as powerful or expansive I struggled to find accurate and local information on such things and subsequently had to rely on old manuscripts/books, government journals, and pamphlets that were not always explaining the full picture.

I do believe there should be a licence for people over 18 who have sound backgrounds to use certain plants and preparations in the privacy of their own property for scientific, recreational or spiritual purposes.

True true!

I absolutely agree that certain, non-addictive or low addictive potentials should be able to be used with an appropriate method of control. I've always thought that a licenced,psycadelic recreational retreat would be the most possible and governmently accepted.

For fuck sake! If they have injection galleries for the junkies, then why not sumthin for the responsible use of psycadelics? It seems almost like the government accepts addictions, but not the ability to make a personal choice.

Are there any contries in the world where lucy is legal?

For fuck sake! If they have injection galleries for the junkies, then why not sumthin for the responsible use of psycadelics? It seems almost like the government accepts addictions, but not the ability to make a personal choice.

Are there any contries in the world where lucy is legal?

Yeah exactly for fucks sake! And I just heard Howard has been trying to pass new anti terrorism laws with freedom of press implications during melbourne cup behind peoples back... is this true? What a @$#* that guy is.

They are apparently trying to legalise LSD in russia for medical purposes. There are a number of churches, some Timothy Leary was involved with, such as The Neo-American Church, Church of the Awakening, the Native American Church, and the League for Spiritual Discovery in the US that were relative safe havens for LSD but I dont know if any of them still operate now other than the native american church - and that might only cover peyote.

What I would give to be able to go back 39 years, jam with the rock legends and drop sunshine or sandoz liquid with Stanley Owsley - all within the law :)

^_^ ^_^

Unfortunately its common practice for government bodies to pass laws and legislation's etc. the night of/before a major holiday/event and often at an usual time all to avoid public knowledge or opposition

I saw a doco about it in the US a while ago and can only imagine its jst as bad over here. .

Since this has gone a little off topic already, I won't feel bad in stateing/asking the following -

Mesc, apparently there are two common types of canberra papaver (common anyway) - one being a much smaller less circular pod, more rectangular shaped (sorry guys I didn't get past year 7, my knowledge of mathematical concepts is limited) and with a red/pinkish flower -

the other, apparently, are a much bigger pod and have a violet coloured flower (white/purple) and well apparently someone had a dream about scoring sides and various compounds spewing forth - do my shabbyasallshit descriptions match anything you saw / have seen ?

Thanks,

R.

Violet and white center?

Four petals rite?

Sounds like the Tasmanian poppy grown for the medicine trade to make morphine.

Go look in the seed and plant exchange.

Liveby is selling GT cubensis spores for mycropsy.