The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
medicinedan

cannabis power

Yesterday at a mates house I decided to This didn't need to be here

Over time, smoking it everyday, as tolerance builds up the effects certainly deminish. For example: I believe I would have been incapable of driving during this experience, I was almost incapacitated, however when I used to smoke it all the time I used to go to work, drive, socialize, whatever cause I was stoned all the time.

To sum up some of this jubberish: Cannabis is a very powerful drug when used correctly. If you use it all day every day it seems to lose its power. This didn't need to be here excuse the ramblings

Edited by Darklight

good post.

( this didn't need to be here )

its definately better as a rare treat. hasnt been as fun recently.

had a mild touch of depression aswell and am seeing if i stop smoking if it will go away (the bad depression didnt last too long but anxiousness and depressing thoughts are still there.)

Edited by Darklight

everything in moderation; including moderation. ;) i too have had the anxiety attacks on weed, and imo, the best way to use weed is around once a week.

Ahhhh, I love hearing about individuals getting totally disconnected from one cone. coz I know way too many people who no longer even bother riding the wave, they just sit on the beach :blink: . And then you tell them, "hey, you should come inside and wait for the waves to get bigger man, c'mon have a real surf."

But they refuse, they keep they're tolerance up and put weed aside as though smoking cones is just second nature.

I remember the days of 15YO I could have my first cone of the day at like 8:30pm; the cone filled about 2/3 the way(size limit), have the cone. then my eye would close roll back as though I was looking through my forhead, and gasping for air. 60 seconds later I'v caught my breath I'm disconnected and 10 mins later peaked and whever I look around everything would be in like a bad frame rate. CRAZY STUFF

never had weed tak half an hour to peak though, even hash oil is through in 20.

Quitting next week.

I'v never smoked weed though I just presume is all

Please remember that you are not to incriminate yourselves or anyone else on these forums. <_<

If I could work out how to handle the flight panel on this I'd have edited your posts for you as I'm certain none of you are actually doing anything illegal, but the statements you are making are somehow miscommunicating this fact.

darklight - :lol:

onz - they're called burnouts; and i think you'll find that they are in the minority of pot smokers. any particular reason why you're quitting? those crazy "highs" you talk about sound sort of like the highs i got in year 8. god i miss some of those highs sometimes. :P

argh incrimination

reminds me of that piece of paper i found at a bus station. on it was written a fictional story by someone i have never met.

"my smoking has gotten a little bit out of control in recent times and retrospectively it may have had too much of a grip over me. i guess i would have averaged about twice a week which some may say is not much but it does leave a bit of a cloud and your week is a buildup to that highlight.

in holidays everynight was routine.

havent smoked in 5 days and am trying to last out the month. after that i may only smoke about once a month i think. recently had a small spell of depression and while i am past the worst part of it i still have some of the anxiety. this may be completely unrelated to smoke use as there are other issues at play but it may be possible that the smoking isnt helping. want to be certain.

smoking is definately more of an enjoyable experience if there has been space between sessions. a bit of alcohol in the system softens up the brain aswell

what are peoples experiences with quitting and effects of long term use?"

sorry DL i'll edit my post 2morrow :unsure: .

There was a big discussion like this weeks'n'weeks'n'weeks ago.

fucking hell

found another note at a bus stop

"last night was about 5 days since last smoke. during holidays was going almost everyday. the high felt more jittery and less smooth.

decided to stop for bit so could finish assignment but was shaking, couldnt concentrate etc. finished assignment in end but could have done better. worst part was i really flipped out last night. hyperventaliating uncontrollable fit. i mean i flipped out like i have never done before.

there is another worry of mine i attributed to this but that worry may have been caused or enhanced by weed use. felt great this morning - perhaps that was the final fight - read on a website the withdrawl peeks a week after last use. got anxiety tonight but will see how that goes - feels like it will go in time.

i never cut with tobacco so that doesnt explain it like some people suggested last time this was discussed.

when i decided to stop it was just a decision and -bang- i stopped. no cravings but its a shock to your body to adjust. well at least in my case.

i am writing this as i thought i didnt smoke too frequently but somehow it snuck up on me. feel free to ask any questions as i would have liked to have talked to someone who had been through this before i went through it - it got rough - suicidal thoughts and everything.

got some choice buds still but will save them for a full moon sometime. enjoy in moderation and from now on in my book smoking more than once a fortnight is overdoing it.

i am also still in favour of legalisation in a way. i feel if my parents knew i smoked they would have noticed when it went too far.

still havent completely worked out this episode and its possible other issues came into play. will be able to say with some degree of certainty in week or so when all withdrawl symptoms go if these issues go as well

as i said before feel free to ask any questions. this post is here to help others"

why someone would write that on a piece of paper and leave it at a bus station is beyond me. how very strange.

Yeah I was talking to this carrot thats been hiding in my fridge for 2 years and has evolved a face and his veiw was that he wont stop cause it makes his life so much better, no ill effects and he says if it ever feels like hes getting a big tolerance he just does a juice and herbal tea fast for a day or 2. Also drinking lotsa juice and teas seems to prevent a getting tolerance. I was wondering where all my juice was going, thats a bad carrot! god dammit bad carrot! :blink:

Yeah i know what withdrawals are like. I know weed would be nothing compared to smack etc, but after 2 years of heavy smoking(1/2 oz per week) quiting was tough. Got serious night sweats for a couple weeks, and headaches all the time. Not to mention the shit thats going through your head. I know it is no consolation, but i think it took me a good month to fully get over it. After that was so much better, you dont realise how much clearer you head is. Way more emotionally stabe too. Thats just my experience though, and i still smoke every couple of weeks or so. Trust me, its waaay better. Effects are far superior. Moderation is the key.

People will take all the proper precautions when they are dropping acid or taking shrooms, they will clear their mind, center themselves, set aside time, make sure they have no pressing engagements and a whole host of other things.

But when it comes to bud, people don't seem to mind lighting up whenever, whatever, etc.

This is fine if you can handle it. If you are finding you can't, then maybe its time you took ganja out of your lower class of drugs and put it up there with shrooms and mescaline.

found another note

"update - after massive flipping out wednesday had massive amounts of energy thursday and was really cheery. at pub was more social than normal, could push myself further in weights -things are all round generally better.

apoth - i always took precautions with bud. made sure i had nothing on, chilled out etc hence the jump in use in holidays etc. the thing is i always thought if i smoke tonight, tomorrow i will be a bit hazy but day after will be fine. looking back and comparing to how i am feeling now it seems i was affected pretty much all week.

right now i honestly feel like im on fire. good times.

will still smoke on odd occasions but not letting it get more than once a month from now on.

i would recommend stoners go cold turkey for two weeks and check difference."

check it out; i've had like 20 lsd trips, and 50 psilocybin trips, but the only things i've ever gotten bad trips from are datura, alcohol and cannabis. THOUGHT POWER or what? :) never forget the SET and SETTING rule.