The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

New Forums

wow, nice feature. that will be handy to sort out the crap. but it is a good idea not to include to chem forum as you said.

EDIT - though i cant seam to see the rate thread feature yet.

Dam you have had a busy day!

I haven't sorted out the moderator jobs yet. You will see the feature once this is done. I wanted to get a feel for the forums before the mods start fiddling with stuff ;)

Have decided to install the gallery straight away too. That way I can work on all problems at once :blink:

Has anyone tried editing a post yet?

That is cool! You can do a 'quick edit' on the original page, it just makes your post only, editable.

I'm really liking some of the features, aswell, with the PM's. Being able to forward a message, or actually include the original text you are replying to, without having two windows open. Nice

The 'members' function is great too! I used to hate trying to find a post by someone, just to send them a PM!

Torsten, we can't thank you enough. You've made a very valuable resource that little bit more useable, and therefore, even more valuable. :)

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou. (Now, you can't say this is all thankless work :P )

:D

yeah benz, ive been using it left right and centre. i love it and the quote/reply to function. saves the copy and paste.

:wub: I LOVE IT :wub:

EDIT - and the new emoticons

nice one, T :lol:

Thanks guys!!! :wub::wub:

About the only thing wrong with this software is that I didn't install it 6 months ago ;)

Update: moderators now hove full mod powers. Please check them out and practice them. For example, you can make posts invisible if they are iffy rather than having to delete them outright.

T--i mean if i look through my post before i actually hit "add reply" & decide i want to add a smiley after the first word, so i put my cursor there & hit the smiley button the smiley comes at the end ov the post rather than where my cursor is.

if you are trying to tell me that the old forum software also used to do that, we must agree to disagree; as to other forums, well EBA is down, but i can assure you the poppies.org software lets you put smilies where you want.

not that it really matters anyway.

if you are trying to tell me that the old forum software also used to do that, we must agree to disagree; as to other forums, well EBA is down, but i can assure you the poppies.org software lets you put smilies where you want.

I will have to agree with nab here

The EBA forum does/did do it, but the old SAB one definitely didn't, for me anyway.

Oooops. Sorry, I encountered this problem at EA and must have thought all along that it was on SAB too :rolleyes:

So yeah, phpBB does it and Invision does it. That's two out of the three top forums software and I am not sure what the third one does.

i went to my controls/options/board settings/ to fix th time. it was set to timbuk2 or summin?? is good now :D

well, needs a lot of work

Edited by darcy

love the new site! Nice!

T--i mean if i look through my post before i actually hit "add reply" & decide i want to add a smiley after the first word, so i put my cursor there & hit the smiley button the smiley comes at the end ov the post rather than where my cursor is.

To my surprise I did exactly this in another thread just now. :P And did it again in this one. :P And again :P

I typed my text to the end of this sentence and then inserted the 3 previous smileys.

So, not sure why it didn't work for you earlier. I have not edited any relevant code and only noticed this by accident.

OK, found the reason why some folks are having problems with inserting emoticons.

YOU ARE USING A CRAP BROWSER :bootyshake:

Na seriously, it's a bug in the software and it only affects IE, but not Mozilla. I might install the update once I am more confident I have a handle on fixing things and apparently that bug has been fixed already.

Go mozilla!

Excellent site T and eternal thanks for your support and companionship.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Man when did all this happen?

Looks excellent, almost finished uni for the year so I'll be here a bit more often, soon.

OK, found the reason why some folks are having problems with inserting emoticons.

YOU ARE USING A CRAP BROWSER

LOL but no

I use firefox only. Although the problem no longer exists for me. Weird.

please note that this forum does not allow users to post the following phrase: "Darkstar space dash" (where only darkstar is a word). This might cause some consternation when replying to our member darkstar, which is what happened to me.

:(:(:(

Now I'm all sad

Was it something i Said ?

I initially assumed this was a problem with the new Invision forum software, but the developers looked into it and cannot replicate the problem on their own installations. This indicates this has something to do with software that's running this server. Why the hell they would choose to use that phrase as a command is beyond me. Anyway, there is no problem in posting your name, it is only an issue when it is followed by a dash.

Just don't ever try to sign up as "darkstar_-" (where the '_' is a space) or you might break the server ;)

Didn't we see a similar problem on the old software?

Never figured out why.

Didn't we see a similar problem on the old software?

yes we did. It was a more sensible word though, so it wasn't quite as odd.

we are on a different server now.