The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
occidentalis

Mushroom experience poll

creach - give the comissioner some tea b4 the hearing...

creach, dont go political, unless you want to make a political point and if you do then be prepared to be public about thing because it most than likely will result in a larger sentence...

i would suggest going for a spent sentence, get some nice reference letter from someone important that knows you, maybe let it be known to the magistrate that this a conviction would affect the prospects of your chosen carer, (and mycologist maybe is not what they want to hear!) and at the least appear repentant for the court...

even so be prepared for a fine and crim record, but it might pan out that it goes the other way, it depends on how the magistrate is feeling on the day and i guess the policy they have specifically to sepnts and magical people like you...

:rolleyes:

That is the biggest load of dogs bollocks that picking something growing naturally would be illegal, could u just fein ignorance and claim u had no idea they're 'magic' and u only picked em cuz they look cool and turn blue and grow in cow shit and that's just cool in itself, i mean cow shit! - who wouldn't want to grab anything that grows off that!?

...Anyhow back to your poll - I felt a bit limited with the responses i could give - in that I've had negative experiences but they were definitely important learning experiences - hence they had a strong impact on my life but not at all in a negative way - but just looking at the fact that a negative experience had a strong impact one would likely think it was also a negative impact.

This was all on my holidays in Holland of course.

I also hope it goes well for you. I don't know much about the law over in WA, But here in Sunny QLD the police advancement is now based on how many busts they do. Lots of incentives to hassle people like yourself (little or no risk) rather then chasing real crims (more risk). Them going over the top during the search seems pretty normnal as they do that to indimadate you and scare you into becoming a good citizen. Unfortunely there are a lot of politics in policeing, at lest here in Queensland (only got to see news reports about speeding fines etc).

hellofromthegutter:

Police should spend more time persecuting dangerous criminals. Shroomers dont hurt anyone

I agree but i reckon shroomed drivers should get the same as DUI

not applicable in this case of course

..but just an example of when shroomers are in the wrong

and many do (or have) eat shrooms n drive

tsk tsk

(looks sheepish :o )

For those that are interested, the big day was last thursday and it all went well

I received a spent conviction, a $200 fine and $100.70 in costs (to 'destroy' the mushrooms :rolleyes: ) and a stern lecture. About the best result I could have hoped for. My coaccused received exactly the same result thanks to parity :) .

Congrats Creach - thank God that is over with. A stern lecture from a fool, is better than silence from a hardened crim I think.. although I could have 'disposed' of the offending mushroom material for much less than $100... in fact, I might have PAID to personally dispose of it. :)

Yeah I'm sure the bastards are charging you for ingesting them themselves. I mean they're a hassle to eat and I'm sure the mental trauma they suffered from the mushroom showing them the error of their ways needs some kind of monetary compensation.

nice poll dude. i myself love psilocin, and have never had a "bad trip" on it. and i've taken it not longer after family deaths and everything. with cannabis (or thc), i rate it the number one psychoactive substance that i've tried.

Sorry to hear Creach, but glad it's over for you guys now :)

300 bucks aint too bad I guess..was that just for shrooming or was it based on quantity?

remember - small town police have small town minds - where I grew up they had nothing to do so would literally chase kids on bikes without helmets - that was the thrill of their working day...

I only just voted, but I will say that Ive had some positive and negative experiences with mushrooms, but the most profound result of my mushroom use I would say would be an opening or an awareness of the natural world - thsi wasnt something that happened during an actual mushroom experiences as such, but as i used them more and more I became aware that In my day to day life I became more intuned to the needs and resonance of the natural world.

I also believe that they possibly opened an awareness of the spiritual in some way - although when i did mushrooms in a hauntd house i didnt have any ghost experiences - straight and half asleep i always did.

But when i went to Ulura I had a profound dream about that rock that reminded me of a mushroom trip = strange.

All in all mushrooms are cool.

bluemeanie:

remember - small town police have small town minds - where I grew up they had nothing to do so would literally chase kids on bikes without helmets - that was the thrill of their working day...

The cops around here do exactly that

and my area is close to as urban as it gets in WA :rolleyes:

strangebrew:

Been there.

Hope you didn't have to go through the indignity of having your house searched like

Were you caught picking mushrooms too?

Surely that doesn't give the police a legal right to search your home, or did you consent to the search for some reason?

[ 01. October 2005, 10:49: Message edited by: blog ]

Threw up some interesting questions in my mind about :( 'negative' experiences with the mushroom. My inclination is that the negatives are introspective in nature, :mad: ego battles etc. and are all good lessons to learn, our own form of self administered psychotherapy maybe? :)

I chose the word 'negative' very carefully because I agree that it is possible for a scary or unpleasant experience to have positive aspects or outcomes. I really left it up to the individual to decide what negative means for them. My own interpretation is that a negative experience would be one you wish you hadn't had.

Were you caught picking mushrooms too?

Surely that doesn't give the police a legal right to search your home, or did you consent to the search for some reason?

Thru total stupidity/slackness on a road in an urban area which turned out to be a cop beat, yes I was.

I would imagine being caught with any illegal substance gives them the right if they can be bothered.

They gave me 2 options, either I invite them i.e. give my consent OR they obtain a search warrant.

I chose the latter because I thought it might be a drawn out procedure to obtain the legal go-ahead and that because I didn't live nearby that they wouldn't be bothered. Oh how wrong I was! It didn't take them long at all to obtain one thru fax from memory and they were more than happy to waste their time with me. The 2 cops involved seemed to be the only ones at their station too at the time. God knows what would have happened if a real crime had occurred in the area.

That's bloody terrifying.

When I've been mushroom picking in the suburbs near busy roads that's always been a nightmare fear of mine. Police not only catch me with the mushrooms, they make the assumption I've been here before and have more at home, and home was my parents house at the time.

So something as innocent as mushroom picking turns into a drug charge, a trespass charge, and because I"M usually drying at home as I'm picking more, they throw in some drug processing or manufacture charge , oh and then there's the various other substances they would have found, and ofcourse the humiliation and shame of the parents having the police there and then assuming I"M some sort of drug addicted junkie.

And all that because of picking mushrooms in a field

BUT I DIDN'T THINK IT COULD REALLY HAPPEN!@!!

I"M glad I read your post.

Thanks for poll Creach,

Threw up some interesting questions in my mind about :( 'negative' experiences with the mushroom. My inclination is that the negatives are introspective in nature, :mad: ego battles etc. and are all good lessons to learn, our own form of self administered psychotherapy maybe? :)

Other aspect has me in total agreeance with bluemeanie in regards to a more instinctual feel for our symbiotic relationship to nature.

Cheers on your court result too!

Yet I know a copper who gave me tips on place to search for mushrooms while in his uniform - there aer good and bad...

Nah, there's bad and OK

they're all cops.

yeah your right :) I should know better given my past experiences...