The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
NastySpill

Capsules wanted

I dry medicinal mushrooms and then throw them all in a blender for 5 minutes to pulverise them into fine powder. I used to buy cenovis celery seed 2500mg from safeway then empty the content out and re fill them with my mushroom powder. This process evens out the medicinal properties of my entire batch of mushroom, and basically creates a known dose. - "Do I need 2 or 3?"

2 of these before heading out to the movies or the local bar and I generally have a very good night. :rolleyes: However now cenovis are making pilled type. The variety of capsules is quickly diminishing. Does anyone know a source for these items? Empty if possible, or a cheap suppliment if not. Chemists dont take kindly to being asked. :confused:

I belive they have vegitarian/kosher ones as well.

I rememebr telling some of my vegi frineds that the pills they were taking were made from aniamls and getitng some funny responses.

7.5g of 'shrooms!

EDIT: Can you post a photo of the pill next to a 5c coin or something? :) I'm curious how big such a pill is.

[ 24. June 2005, 05:44: Message edited by: apothecary ]

You get between .3 and .5 grams to a capsule so 7.5g would be around 20 to 30 caps... make sure you put your seatbelt on

that's either a typo and should be 250mg or refers to an extract equivalent to 2500mg raw dried herb

cenovis extract equiv 2500mg dried seed

[ 28. June 2005, 15:04: Message edited by: coin ]

The Melbourne Food Ingrediant Depot sells empty caps quite cheaply. 1000 00 sized caps for $30 or vege caps for $44. They ship the same day (cheaply) and area altoghether great to deal with. http://www.mfcd.net/ If you only want a smaller numbers of caps most chemists will order them in for you (from memory about $10 for 100 empty caps last time a friend bought them).

[ 05. July 2005, 08:30: Message edited by: skuwiff ]