The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Rev

funkyfungus.org and shipping

Ok its been fixed

and the site is operational through to checkout

1/2 of it anyway

the tables for satchel post shipping are in and can be used for many items

however for bulky stuff ike cacti and glassware, petris etc they have to be shipped in sturdy boxes and tubes and the prices are different all depending on weight and your location in oz (16 postal zones)

if your order shipping cost exceeds the amount quoted (or goes under) ill email u asap with the correct amnount

in the maean time im working to configure the second option so itll b automatic and u choose the cheaper option

thanks

everybody sing along now..

Hooray for reville

Hooray at last

Hooray for reville

well u know the rest

also up in about 5 mins will b the Icaros Peruvian torch seed we all love to hear about so much

great seed. nice n fat n juicy

i put down a hundred or so a few days ago and will update as they come along.

same price as Teos' aricapampa peruvians @$4.40 for 25 seeds (inc. GST - sorry johnny makes me do it)

maybe teo can keep a pic thread on those too?

will also have nice plump terscheckii seedlings in spring.

yay nice work rev :D ive been looking at your cacti already :D yeah i can take some photos soon of my peruvianus, they are awersome so are the macutana pachanoi :o one is sooo blue and looks amazing and the one next to it resembles a peruvianus sooo much. yay for rev :D

[ 29. May 2005, 11:14: Message edited by: teonanacatl ]

hey rev,

might wanna ask torsten to change the link on the SAB intro page - still points to .com

BTW looks great

Whoohoo!

You must be very excited Rev, I know I am, I cant wait to get my first order, LOL :D

rev what strain would you recommend to grow for a first timer? Nothing illegal as im living with folks, one of the pre-made syringes?

Cheers

so am i dodie tell em its sumtin else like an oyster theyll neva know of course this would all be done in dreamland but if u sure then id go oysters they r very forgivng and hardy most of the time

[ 30. May 2005, 10:14: Message edited by: ergoamide ]

My parents arent stupid.. :P my dads a botanist, and one day i came home with a trippy looking mushroom t-shirt and my mum asked me if it was a "golden top" tee, i said yeah then she asked me if i had done them, then she told me that she used to do them when she was young..haha but thanks for the oyster tip, just gotta get a rice cooker and do alot more reading,

cheers

rice cooker makes it easier but u can just do it the old skool way too - absorbtion method or just boil n drain the grain

With this weather?

elm oyster (aka shimeji)

or a P ostreatus or P pulmonarius

easy easy

when youve got that down pat try lions mane or shiitake which are pretty easy too - for shits n giggles anyway :) serious growing is moderate

excited? yes

relieved? Fk yeah

got a tutorial in how to update my own pages yesterday (on the info site - i know the oS com site easy peasy) so u can expect a steady flow of updates and additions from now on.

[ 31. May 2005, 10:59: Message edited by: Rev ]

well dodie that does suk a bit my parents rnt to far off though i have 2 b careful wot i plant in and aorund the place bein horticuluralists and owning a nursery well that cna make it hard at times luckily they know nutin about mushrooms that i dream about. by the way rev could u soak woteva subtrate u were using in some dilute hydrogen peroxide to sterilise it

[ 31. May 2005, 11:28: Message edited by: ergoamide ]

Put your terarium in your indoor grow room and just tell them that its's a clone box, or some bacteria for their roots(or just don't tell them).If they think your just growing sum pot plants then they won't even give it a second thought and they generally don't want too look in that area. Or if your worried lock your grow room for security purposes. Also get a thermostat and hook it up too an your ceiling fan,so your grow room is 24 deg C all year round.Good for both life forms(plants and fungi). Theoretically speaking!

ergoamide:

by the way rev could u soak woteva subtrate u were using in some dilute hydrogen peroxide to sterilise it

no

peroxide is not a sterilant

its used as a sporicide after youve killed all vegetative mycelium

and its all but useless with bacteria

its good with agar and highly processed materals that have had teh peroxide killing enzymes detroyed

thinks like Paper or soy milk or TVP or inorganic fertiliser

or you can sterilsie using a p/c and add peroxide after to prevent reinfection by mould spores

if u get hold of the peroxide manual follow it to the letter to start with (cept swap the wood stufF for paper pellets - at least till other aussie alternatives are investigated)

Peroxides at its best fr working on agar and making spawn in a non sterile environemnt or for growing woodloving mushrooms on wood substitutes

for other types go pasteurisation teks

thanks rev ill look into it its no where on the net i think all ive found is where 2 buy it

its used to be free on nans nook

but the nook is gone :(

im sure somebody can get it to you FOC

the nook is back

long live the nook

[ 27. June 2005, 10:02: Message edited by: Rev ]

Hooray for Rev!!!! :D :D

Plz start a new thread Rev on the Icaros Peruvian torch seedlings im dieing to see some more pics and hear how they go? Hey Teo is your site down at the moment?

ok will do

but was waiting cos u might get bored waiting for updates

im just seeing the first spines popping through now

i think ill graft a couple to pereskiopsis to speed up development ala and now heres one we made earlier

:D thanks Rev

ok done

i grafted an Icaros to a pereskiopsis

day 3 and lookin fine

illd do a few more over teh next fortnight

im getting handy at this grafting thing :)