The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Manisobsolete

WA season

Thats a bit disconcerting to hear focus, sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.

I was planin on walkin the bibblimum track this wekend and havin a look and had my hopes up but now im wondering if its worth the effort and petrol :/

mickyJ if you know where you are looking you wont have any problems, unfortunate to hear about focus's bad dream.

:confused:

As I said, from what I could gather the season was only a week old or so only a week ago and will only get better with time and the big rains of this week. Several of my favorate spots were then not yet fruiting, nevertheless several others were...

:cool:

As to the locale(s), never been a fan of exposed spaces like the valleys proper or anywhere near Jayes road for that matter, more of a hill climber...

Assuming you know the pine plantation area, try areas around the marri(s) at the top of the hill work your way down through similar systems, and later in the season the fern - bracken patches up that way, alternatively, having said that some of the best spots are lower down in the pines which to most all seem the same but I would always recommend trying main valley on the SW side uphill from the large bryer patches...

Anyway it took several years for this little truffle pig to understand the ecosystem and theres heaps more to explore, these days I cant much be bothered even driving south and encountering mr pod!!!

SA's season has officially started! Drove all the way up to the hills for one shroom. Our season is really bad lofty has received 4x more rain same time last year. Our subs are quite hardy tho being able to adapt too these insane conditions

edit:

normal_Kd.My21-001.jpg

[ 24. May 2005, 08:19: Message edited by: Trich-Aura ]

yer they are out there, but not many, found some that would be over a week old and a few pins from the recent rains however with the fine sunny days forcast for the next week or more i dunno if they gunna get nice and big, think might have to wait a few weeks till the next rain to make it fully worthwhile...

Likewise, I went down last Monday and saw less that my previous posting...

Again a few older ones around the Marri's though not as good, nil around ferns up the top. In the valley the pines were still going though not as good as last time...

Overall I noted things were just starting to fruit in a number locales, which I left so come Tues or Weds there would have been some fresh goodies for adventurers...

:)

Cheers

MAL

I was in and around the locale last weekend and found a bit of this and that, anyway we took the mycelium root bits cut them off and seeded an area in Bridgetown in a lovely location.

Don't know if it will work this year but hopefully it might take off.

There were slipery jacks everywhere but I don't think I could bring myself to eat one, they look far too icky.

Greetings,

Long time no post!

Went for a wander yesterday for scientific purposes and as a guide to see what we could see, I had never gone this late low and behold the season was still very much happening in several of my favorite places round Balli...

:)

The hill was damp, and the valley even more so and getting damper with the big rains coming through. Anyway the ecosystem was in a state that I had not seen it before, there was very few fungus species about, with by far the predominant one of the magical variety both in the hill Marri's and the pine valley...

Hundreds of older decaying ones around in most my favorite spots, which indicated to me that peeps had not been frequenting of late, but also some patches of new growth over the last week, not much in the way of babies though which may well hit the surface later this week after the rain...

Anyway from my personal observations this year May -> Sept every time I have gone down there I have witnessed magicness, waiting for storm front to go through and giving it a few days before heading south seems a pretty useful rule of thumb...

As such I would suggest that later this week should also yeild sightings if you know where you are going...

and hey watch out for the boys and girls in blue!!!

:mad: