The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
strangebrew

to boil or not to boil

Thought I'd start a fresh thread for this as it's an interesting one.

My good friend has never liked eating fresh, so has always boiled, even as long as half an hour.

Can't say if it's good or bad as fun has always been the result.

I guess that's the problem isn't it, trying to quantify such experiences? It's too hard to compare!

Any opinions?

[ 06. April 2004, 12:20: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

My friend has never boiled always fresh or dried or frozen then mixed into a smoothie....

Are we talking subs? If you can eat 20 subs, you've got weaker taste-buds than me. All power to you bro.

Gnomes I know prefer to dry,grind then steep whatever per-measured dose in 1/4 Cup hot water for 4-5 min then add a Lipton Cranberry,Raspberry,Strawberry teabag,top up with hot water add sugar then down the hatch..

Then again they also prefer fresh just as much

Drying and storing is good for those times of drought, But remember dont be too greedy :P

Regards,

Mojo.

Do you use milk in those smoothies Mescal.?

Some people say that calcium interferes with psilocybin as well.

Sure can get complicated.

strangebrew:

Are we talking subs? If you can eat 20 subs, you've got weaker taste-buds than me. All power to you bro.

WA (Balingup) and SA (Second valley/Kersbrook etc) subs youd need 15 to 20 for a full trip, at least 8 to go anywhere.

So many reports etll me Vic subs are considerably stronger

Years ago i ate 40 SA subs and tripped balls - but looking back no harder than 5 dry g's of good cubes - which means those subs are not at all strong.

your local variant may do just that - vary

You know all the good areas don't yah!

R.I.P. Second Valley. My favourite spot there which was once a dirt road, is now a major sealed one and the forest has been cut down. :(

Yeah, strength does seem to vary around sth.oz. and the gremlin always boils, so needs more as well.

Actually some of the most enlightening trips have been on small amounts.

[ 07. April 2004, 00:11: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

good idea for a post.

i used to always "tea 'em up" w/marmite.

but these days powdered in capsules w/a big pinch ov chilli powder --works pretty fine for me.

2nd valley RIP? oh no!

Sounds like we were visiting the same spot

Big old pines planted in 1945?

We once found 400 + in a 20m stretch there

Oh well - dont forget to transplant some colonised sticks and pine cones to new spots :)

weve got to keep them one step ahead of disaster

would it store better if you made a tea and then froze it and kept in ferezer in airtight container?

because then (where legal) you could make up a batch of tea... put it into pre set doses in an ice cube tray and thaw when needed.

chilli powder nabraxas!? What is that for ??

Also.. this is good..

Add dry stuff to chocolate and cut into squares... there are some recipies at the nook. I tried one of the recipies and it worked well.

Trick is to add the dry powder when the chocolate is starting to go solid and mix like crazy... this way you are limiting the heat exposed to the powder.

I was thinking about adding pieces of ginger to the chocolates... mmmm ginger... to help with the nausea the next time I make some.. (and cause I love ginger)

Also... if you want to treat yourself... use the Lindt 70% or 85% dark ..... mmmmm

taste = yum!

IMO: Tea tases like shit... I would rather get a spoon full of powder in the mouth and wash it down with any liquid.

[ 07. April 2004, 15:39: Message edited by: Beaker ]

Actually that chocolate and ginger sounds pretty darn good!

Probably was the same spot reville, lots of people knew about it. You went down a long steep track to a small creek then up the other side. They were everywhere. Lots of Amanitas as well. It was a beautiful spot.

I went maybe 5?,6? years ago and the road was sealed.

Then I went again 2 or 3 years ago and it was just stumps. It was a real bitch trying to walk around.

Ahh well, Sai-La-Vie. I'll miss it though.

posting in the wrong topic i suppose, but to all u sa peeps there. Second Valley R.I.P? as in there is no forest there at all now to find shrooms? damn! already had another post b4 but where would u (sa) guys recomend i go looking, also anyone find anything yet? it shrrom season yet? :) i'll probly go for a little hunt this saturday.

beaker--sometimes i add ginger powder to the caps too.

both ginger & chilli stimulate the stomach to aid digestion---when you're taking 10+ caps ov powdered shroom on an empty stomach, your digestion needs all the help it can get.

other folks haven't had a problem, but my mrs would chuck up a tablet filled w/chalk, so i guess i should say that this is probably not the way to go for those w/tummy trouble.

a cilli, ginger, choco, shroom bar sounds good--call it "beserker" to rival cadburys gurana "viking" bar :)

[ 08. April 2004, 06:52: Message edited by: nabraxas ]

never had sub's, but cub's get chewed, and chewed, and chewed, and than swallowed. saliva and proper macerating will greatly fasten the time of onset, and produce a stronger effect! aswell, i might mention, i never got sick from eating straight from the field. proper chewed, is halve digested, whilst tea, hits the stomach unprepared. straight down the hatch (it didn't even hit the sides)is, to a certain degree a waste of material. even boiling, seems to me an overkill and a waste of time.

To El.D.

Keep the faith my man, twas but one spot.

There's still lots of forest to explore, Second Valley and Delamere are big areas.

Try just walking around Aldgate,Bridgewater and surrounding areas on a nice rainy day. You'll be suprised what you can find.

The hills are alive with the growth of fungi. :D

I wouldn't waste your time on Saturday, rain's important you know.

Wait until June, never had much luck before then.

[ 08. April 2004, 16:53: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

strangebrew Haha yeh i was thinkin, i'm sure i've been there b4 and im sure there was plenty of forrest. Just that Second Valley R.I.P. kinda suggests the whole area got cleared! -(not sure how large 2nd vally is).

Remember that subs seem to like light. I thought my favourite patch in Second Valley was cactus after it got logged one year, but it turned out not to be a problem.

Vic subs stronger than SA subs? Hhmm, I'll bite. My test monkey's limit with the SA breed is about 20 small to medium, consumed fresh. He did 30 once, but it got ugly. He pureed the shrooms in some alcoholic fruit juice, and had dilated pupils and screaming teeth before he had even put the glass down. He subsequently lapsed into unconsciousness before coming to and bolting into the bathroom. He wound up in the shower, fully clothed, unable to tear his attention away from this radioactive slime which was dripping down the walls. More precisely, there wasn't a separate "him" and "slime" anymore; he had devolved into his own vomit, and took an hour to find his way out of the shower :( Altered States, eat your heart out!

Oh they still grow there alright, it's just that trying to make your way around huge fallen logs and stumps doesn't quite have the same "ambience" as a nice old forest.

Yeah, I'd concur, eating 20 medium sized(1-1.5inch caps) S.A. subs is enough for most mere mortals.

[ 09. April 2004, 15:51: Message edited by: strangebrew ]

I guess I see the SA sub potency scale a bit like this (bearing in mind that my test monkey trips about 3-4 times a year, and also that when he eats fresh shrooms, he doesn't like any spoilage. In practice, that tends to mean a cap diameter limit of 2 cm.):

2-3: A vaguely energising, social buzz.

6: Definitely seeing things by this point. A good intro. dose for novices.

10-12: An average trip. Most people wouldn't want to go beyond this, and those that do really need to ask themselves what it is that they are chasing.

20: A prolonged, heavy trip. Danger Will Robinson - possibility of psychic damage! However, sometimes God won't come to you, and you have to climb the mountain to see Her. Whether she will be pleased to see you is of course another story!

30: Physical incapacitation, so the psychic damage issue becomes slightly moot. Praying to God won't help, you are beyond help and all alone. In retrospect, my monkey hasn't tried to eat this sort of dose progressively, like over an hour, which could make it a bit more feasible.

Graeme Carl has produced a document relating to P.subaeruginosa that is worth browsing.

It can be viewed HERE

Please keep in mind the vast differences in potency and the many reasons for the differences.